5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

need help with Blemco ground wires...........

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 07:13 AM

need help with Blemco ground wires...........

hi guys, does any one still have scan of the install instruction for the wires? I bought a set for my 00 and the seller lost his install instruction. Also, he sold the car b4 the wires arrived. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Cletus

contact matt...im sure he would send you the instructions

http://www.mattblehm.com
Old 12-12-2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
contact matt...im sure he would send you the instructions

http://www.mattblehm.com

thanks.

I did twice within last 2 weeks but still no respond. hehehe.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:51 AM

any 1?????
Old 12-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Cletus

because im sick of this thread - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/442543/16
that shows all the connection points.

next time, please look around. every question has been asked...and the answer is on here.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Driving is the next best thing

Installation instructions is the most important part of the kit (it is a lot harder to determine proper grounding points than to build the actual kit)... and, I guess, since you did not pay him for the kit he does not want to send them to you.

BTW: IIRC, Matt asks everyone who buys his grounding kit not to share instructions with others.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:00 AM

On the second thought, perhaps you could ask the previous owner of the kit to get them from Matt. After all, he payed for the whole kit and has the right to get the instructions.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by DrKlop
On the second thought, perhaps you could ask the previous owner of the kit to get them from Matt. After all, he payed for the whole kit and has the right to get the instructions.
thanks guys,

the previous owner disappeared after he shipped them wires to me, .....
Old 12-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DrKlop
BTW: IIRC, Matt asks everyone who buys his grounding kit not to share instructions with others.
and that needed to be said, because.........
Old 12-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Trurida18
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/copyright
Old 12-13-2006, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Trurida18
Work of others should be respected... especially when you are messing with the work done my small businesses, as it might make a significant impact on them. (In this particular case, posting instructions online will allow people, who would have otherwise bought the kit from Matt, make it themselves.)

Sometimes it might be ok (morally) to screw over some huge companies (ex. Best Buy) because they keep screwing people over all the time, and because it will not make much of a difference for them, but messing with the work done by small businesses is just not right.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:13 PM

There is no copyright for a grounding kit. Unless you invented the wire and/or the procedure.

Grounding has been around for at least 2000 years. Copper wire has been around for about 200 years.

Using conventional wire and connecting these wires from your battery cable to different points under the hood is nothing novel. It has been done ever since the first motorized vehicle was invented.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by PAREDLINE
There is no copyright for a grounding kit. Unless you invented the wire and/or the procedure.

Grounding has been around for at least 2000 years. Copper wire has been around for about 200 years.

Using conventional wire and connecting these wires from your battery cable to different points under the hood is nothing novel. It has been done ever since the first motorized vehicle was invented.
well good for you...you are so smart.
matt was the first person that offered a grounding kit for our cars. he isnt a big company. he is just a maxima owner that spent his time figuring out the grounding points for a cars. he has asked that the instruction not be passed around. the rest of us respect that...you run your mouth and try to act smart and funny.
if you think you are so smart....go make you own kit.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:21 PM

^+1. id suggest respecting requests from small businesses that produce parts for maximas. org members are gonna start b!tching when the makers get fed up and just stop making things for everyone. dont ruin it for everyone else by being sarcastic/disrespectful
Old 12-13-2006, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
well good for you...you are so smart.
matt was the first person that offered a grounding kit for our cars. he isnt a big company. he is just a maxima owner that spent his time figuring out the grounding points for a cars. he has asked that the instruction not be passed around. the rest of us respect that...you run your mouth and try to act smart and funny.
if you think you are so smart....go make you own kit.

I did make my own kit. With a $20 amp wiring kit.

I'm all for small businesses making money. I even own a small business. What I'm not for is people over playing everything.

The grounding points for the car isnt a secret. Go look around and you'll find some. If this guy's grounding kit is more than a bunch of wires and connectors, then I'm ready to buy it.

If not, anyone can use the same $20 wiring kit from walmart and run wires from the battery to the alternator grounding post. The body grounding strap next to it, the grounding post by the transmission, the starter, and anywhere else along the engine and body that their heart desires.

These things arent any big secret.