5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2001 SE Audio Question - Stock Cd player with Amp+Sub

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:19 AM

2001 SE Audio Question - Stock Cd player with Amp+Sub

Well i've recently become a statistic of car theft. Luckily they only got off with my aftermarket deck, a few weeks back my trunk stopped popping via the side button on my door or electronically. I can only open my trunk with the actual key. I sure am thankful I never got around to fixing that cause the thiefs that broke in couldn't get to my sub or amp. So that leaves me with a little dilemma, i'm very short on cash at the moment and I would like to put the stock deck back into my car with the amp and sub still hooked up. I just wanted to know if i'm gonna have any issues with doing this i.e. poor sound quality or w.e. I really have no idea, this is why i'm here. I know without an aftermarket deck tuning the sound of my speakers isn't gonna work out well I guess I could mess with the screw settings on my amp. Any suggestions or help would be great because I just drove from Phoenix Az to San Diego California with NO MUSIC(thats a five and a half hour drive). Forgive me if this should go in the audio section I drive a 2001 SE so I posted here.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Suspension Yoda

It's possible. Not going to sound as good as aftermarket but it's very doable. Is your stock deck Bose or non-bose?
Old 01-13-2007, 11:20 AM

Non-bose uhh I have one of those stupid RCA converter things but I don't even want to deal with that i've had my two twelves now for a little over a year i'm kind of sick of the bumping I liked the way my car sounded stock.

I went ahead and tried to fix it myself LOL with no research or any electrical experience my first instinct was to put all the cut wires back together with a little electrical tape and plug everything back in, well I should of known it wasn't gonna be that easy.

I only get sound from my rear door speakers when I move the fade all the way to the right I get no sound what so ever. Is it possible that when I got my aftermarket stuff installed they routed the front door speakers directly to my amp?
Old 01-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Suspension Yoda

Hard to tell unless I saw it. Trace wires from the amp, see where they go.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:51 AM

hey

Okay the only wires I see are the RCAs going from back(amp) to the front(deck), the speaker wires going from the amp to my sub, the power cable that runs from my amp to my battery and finally my blue remote cable running from the amp into the front of my car. At the end of the remote wire it's got a white cap and it also looks like there was another wire capped with it but the only thing that remains is a bunch of copper with no color coating so I have no idea wtf that was. The ground was cut from my aftermarket deck but I didn't pay any attention to it because it wasn't there when I had my stock unit.

Keep in mind i'm not worried about hooking the RCA's up or my amp/sub I just want my stock system back like how it came from the factory.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:56 PM
is invisible

http://forums.maxima.org/forumdispla...aysprune=&f=25
Old 01-13-2007, 03:01 PM

And now for whatever reason my A/C doesn't work nor do any of the lights come on where the a/c controls are. Just blowin hot air. This happened before when I got my stuff installed but I recall it just going back to normal by itself after a few hours.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Suspension Yoda

Sounds like a loose connection/blown fuse. Let me guess...digital climate control?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:38 PM

I don't have climate control and this problem happened before but it fixed itself on it's own. All I know is no lights other then the defrost come on where my a/c controls are and it's constantly blowing hot air even when the Air is set to off I can still feel a considerable amount of hot air being blown at me. I still can't figure out why my front speakers don't work but the back ones do. I guess i'm just going to resort to going to an audio place and having them set everything back to stock.

I have searched endlessly on google and the maxima.org forums I can't find one related topic on the problems i've described i'd really like if everyone or anyone else could step in and help me tackle this problem.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:10 PM
is invisible

Originally Posted by axotik
I have searched endlessly on google and the maxima.org forums I can't find one related topic on the problems i've described i'd really like if everyone or anyone else could step in and help me tackle this problem.

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...49&postcount=6
Old 01-13-2007, 10:12 PM

Heh..

Uhm like I said I searched and searched if you want to take the time and find a topic not only on this website but any other forums to prove me wrong please do so because i'm frustrated at this point i'm not a mechanic and I came here because basically i'm lazy but I did search and I have found nothing that deals with MY problem directly and I gave a fair warning/apology about where the post should have gone and I think it's fitting here because until someone distinguishes whether or not this is just a 5th gen problem, this was the best place to post to get the quickest response.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:07 PM
is invisible

We have an audio forum for a reason, and there is a chance that someone might happen to have a 5th gen. There are plenty of knowledgeable guys in that forum that may be able to help you.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by CoolMax
We have an audio forum for a reason, and there is a chance that someone might happen to have a 5th gen. There are plenty of knowledgeable guys in that forum that may be able to help you.
why are you being mean? gosh!!

Old 01-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by axotik
this was the best place to post to get the quickest response.
you still feel that way?
how is that quick response working out for you?

there is an audio forum for the reason. you being frustrated doesnt change the rules.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:11 PM
is invisible

Originally Posted by soonerfan
why are you being mean? gosh!!
Org Bully, Jr.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by CoolMax
Org Bully, Jr.
i havent given my award away in awhile.
i'll give you the honor of awarding it.
link to award - http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...201_3_full.jpg