5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

SMASH!! My Maxima got crashed :\

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:35 PM
RR5

SMASH!! My Maxima got crashed :\

So there I was today in Irvine where I work, going to pick up something to eat. I was making a left onto a somewhat busy street and just made it to the center lane when I was smacked on my passenger side. It popped my passenger headlamp and fog lamp. :|

Yes, you even get pics.

I hate my life right now I hate my life right now I hate my life right now
Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 PM
I R The Law

Damn that sucks
Old 01-17-2007, 08:38 PM
RR5

One of those days where you do something against your gut feeling and CRASH you regret doing it.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by RR5
One of those days where you do something against your gut feeling and CRASH you regret doing it.
Been there, Done that.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:44 PM
RR5

So is anyone great at determining who is at fault with limited information?
Old 01-17-2007, 08:46 PM
is invisible

Sorry to hear that. And whoever is turning left is usually at fault.

btw, don't hate your life - it would have been worse if you had lost it.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That does suck. I would be hating that... but at least it wasn't really bad. Whos fault is it in the report? U Insured? Maybe you can get some extras with the insurance money... good luck
Old 01-17-2007, 09:47 PM
RR5

Ah, we didnt notify the police. I'm still crossing my fingers it's going to be the other guy's fault. My insurance, haah I forgot to pay it and they cancelled it Dec 2006. I hate being out of work and running around like a mad man looking for a job etc. What I hate the most, even if I call up my insurance and practically beg them to allow my coverage to extend from dec 2006 to Jan 07, it would not help much since I know they'd tell me to F*** off.

I just hate the way this year is shaping up.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:40 PM
2002 maxima se

sad to hear this. i feel you sometime its hard to find a job. i am into similar situtation as you are. so what kind of job you are searching out there. if your insurance doesnt do anything just ask that guy to pay for your damage as you said he was on fault. if i were you i would fight with that guy for money.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:49 PM
RR5

Originally Posted by OC guy
sad to hear this. i feel you sometime its hard to find a job. i am into similar situtation as you are. so what kind of job you are searching out there. if your insurance doesnt do anything just ask that guy to pay for your damage as you said he was on fault. if i were you i would fight with that guy for money.
I did grab a job with a clothing company doing computer support for retail stores. I'm making over $15 an hour, but I only started Jan 2. I'm just going to call the other guys insurance and report the claim then let them fight it out and determine what happened.

So OC Guy, might I ask for some details about your situation?

Also, something similar like this happened to me in Oct 2004, I made a 3 point U turn and started to drive down the street when I got popped on my passenger side.. haha it was his fault so I got my max fixed and didn't pay anything.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:07 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by RR5
I did grab a job with a clothing company doing computer support for retail stores. I'm making over $15 an hour, but I only started Jan 2. I'm just going to call the other guys insurance and report the claim then let them fight it out and determine what happened.

So OC Guy, might I ask for some details about your situation?

Also, something similar like this happened to me in Oct 2004, I made a 3 point U turn and started to drive down the street when I got popped on my passenger side.. haha it was his fault so I got my max fixed and didn't pay anything.
well when i said something similar to your situation what i meant was that i am also seeking a job. currently i am working part time which aint enuff to pay the car payment and full covrage insurance. matter of fact there are many crazy drivers around where we live so we should watch out for them because i have heard cases where people hit your car and dont stop at all which is called hit and run. its good that you know who that guy is so you can file the claim. ya so just be aware of those stupid drunk drivers with no license out there. and i am well aware with the traffic of orange county and la county dont you just hate it too many cars.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:33 AM

I'm from Cally also and I thought that it was pretty much an epidemic out there also. (The hit and run thing). We moved out here and 3 years ago, I was hit and ran! I came home after dealing with the police and my neighbor/best friend came down. She and her husband were in a hit and run that day as well and her brother was in one the night before! Apparently hit and runs are epidemics out here as well.

Side note, my twin and I caught the guy that hit us 5 days later. We had memorized his license plate and make of car, and went looking for him on the main roads in our city. He told the police that he had just served time for possession and didn't have a license or insurance and was driving a vehicle he traded for $40 bucks crack! No joke, I still have the police report with this info on it. The original (2nd Crackhead in this situation) owner of the Camry had to pay damages (his insurance did) because he lent his car out, it was borrowed, not stolen!
To the OP and OCC, Cally was way too expensive for us to enjoy also. Our insurance was also an arm and a leg. I can totally empathize for you guys. Its hard enough to find a job that pays for just the car and insurance, let alone, food, housing and general cost of living! Good luck to the both of you!

We moved to SC where everything is dirt cheap.....but on the rise fast.

Good luck to the OP, it will be interesting how this pans out. You said you don't have insurance right? This might get really sticky for you.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:59 AM
RR5

I had been looking for computer work since June 2006 when I left my first corporate job because of all the lame politics that were involved. I'd go on interviews, but nothing panned out.

I did work from Aug 06 to Oct 06 but that job made me feel like I was being pushed in front of a train. So I ejected there and finally grabbed a job in December.

HAhaha to make things worse, my insurance did drop from last year and depending on how this ends, it might jump up to some ridiculous amount.

Now I'm only going to be working just to pay my bills. Damn

I know how that situation is OC Guy, I would not accept working in any other job, I wanted a job working with computers. So naturally some bills have suffered and are going to take a while to pay down again. Stick with it, things eventually take a turn for the better even though some days it doesn't look like they will.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:51 AM

Sorry to hear about the wreck. Good luck finding a job! What type of "computer" work do you do?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 PM
RR5

I'm in the support field. User support, hardware/software support stuff like that.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm a Happy Man!

sorry about your car and good luck with the job.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:27 PM
RR5

Ok here is a new twist. I spoke to the other guy's insurance claims adjuster. He reports the other guy told him my insurance is going to pay for his damages. I was also told the other guy is saying he was in the right hand lane just driving straight when I hit him. That is false. As a result, my claim with his insurance is now closed.

I need to find the driver of a blue Ford Expedition that was making a left turn onto Center Dr off Rockfield Blvd. This would be on Jan 17, 2007 between the hours of 1pm to 2pm.

Here is a crappy pictorial of the accident.

The blue square and line/arrow denotes traffic turning off Rockfield onto Center. There were two white cars which made the turn and the vehicle in question a Blue/Tan two tone Ford Expedition which stopped for me to make my left turn onto Rockfield from Center. The red box and line/arrow denotes my failed left hand turn. I could not have been in the center lane on Rockfield for more than 15 seconds when I made my move to check the left lane on Rockfield so I could merge into traffic when I was smashed.

If I could get in touch with the driver of that Blue Ford Expedition, I am certain we could determine who was at fault. If anyone is familiar with the Irvine area, please get in touch with me.

This really gets me
Old 01-25-2007, 05:34 AM

Damm that sucks ,
Old 01-26-2007, 07:33 PM
RR5

Anyone selling a pair of headlamps for the 2002? Or even just the passenger side? I would hate saving to buy a brand new passenger side lamp with the drivers side looking all abused.

PM me a price.

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

sorry about you car glad u are ok
Old 01-27-2007, 01:15 PM

umm wow, an accident like that and not getting police involved? All I have to say is good luck right now, you need it, he has his insurance company behind him I'm just hoping the other driver is not a complete **** and won't sue you, because thatd be bad for you since you dont have insurance to cover anything. and without a police investigation it's your word against his... and he has insurance... could be bad
Old 01-27-2007, 02:27 PM

Sorry to hear that, looks like what happen to me only on the opposite side of the car.....i had someone turn into me without signaling.

[IMG][/IMG]

Total for my repair was $6800, I wasn't at fault so i didn't have to pay. Looks like you have similar damage, worse in some spots, and will likely need the same areas painted.

I'd help ya out if i had the passenger side lamp but all i have is the driver side one they replaced on my car, it wasn;t really damaged but they replaced it anyways. Heres a hook up on lamps for ya on ebay, they arn;t cheap. I think the shop quoted my repalcement for just the one drivers side lamp assembly at $750.00, if you can get the ones off ebay, it would be cheaper than getting them from the dealer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 01-27-2007, 04:36 PM

$6800 for that??? Wow.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I had similar damage on my max, whole fender was smashed up, but bumper and hood were ok. I'm guessing a motorcycle crashed into it at night, noone heard or saw anything. Cost me $700 for repairs.

Always sucks when this stuff happens.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:56 PM

sorry about ur car yo.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mynameismcgyver
$6800 for that??? Wow.
Yeah, new front bumper, front quarter, drivers door, fog light, headlamp, repainted rear door, rear bumper, side skirt, and two new wheels and a new tire. Pretty much the whole side of my car. The shop did an outstanding job with the paint and matching seams up perfectly. Oh and i requested OEM replacement panels too.