5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone park there car far away?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 06:04 AM

When I go to malls or stores, I park my car so far that it's the only one in the parking lot. My friends think I'm crazy but I do this to avoid door dings? Does anyone else do this?
Old 07-05-2001, 06:19 AM

Originally posted by MAXAL25
When I go to malls or stores, I park my car so far that it's the only one in the parking lot. My friends think I'm crazy but I do this to avoid door dings? Does anyone else do this?
I do. Not too far away. But when I go to work, there is a certain individual that like to open his door very wide, and is notorious for dinging others doors. He is a wide person himself. This poor girls 2001 Mustang was his latest victim. And he completely denied doing it.
Old 07-05-2001, 06:25 AM
Got Bent?

I park in the back of lots also....
Old 07-05-2001, 06:34 AM

Affirmative

Yea... I do that too. I don't park too far in the back, though. I do try to find wide spaces next to other nice cars and quite a distance from the general area of roaming carts. Also, I favor spots that are next to a grassy curb/median, so that one side of my car isn't next to another car. Needless to say, I park my Max right up on the curb to allow plenty of space on the other side. I also have a little red Civic EX VTEC that has been my baby for the last few years. She got me through my undergraduate years and suffers from multiple dings on both sides from years of using those damn overly narrow parking spots on campus. A friend of mine put me in touch with a guy called "The Dent Doctor." I haven't called him yet, but apparently it's pretty cheap and quite effective. My buddy has a phat F-150 and said he paid less than a bill to have a couple of dings taken out of his ride. You other victims may want to look around your area (including surrounding towns) for someone who does this type of repair. Good luck!
Old 07-05-2001, 06:40 AM

I just take up two spaces.
Old 07-05-2001, 06:50 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I do too

I always try to find spaces next to medians, curbs, handicap spaces, the places where most likely one door will be safe for sure. Otherwise I park a little further away just to be safe.
Old 07-05-2001, 07:04 AM

Yah my parking dilema sucks. I'm a high school student with a small parking lot for Seniors ONLY, so after the summer I'm going to be a Junior, I was a sophomore before. During the couple weeks I drove last year, it was BAD. I've gotten numerous detentions for parking diagonally on the student lot in addition to my car being towed once when I came in a bit late when there weren't any lots on student parking or on the street, I parked on the grass in front of school hehehe. But usually I take up two spaces AWAY from everyone. I'm just afraid someone might try to be a moron and since my car will stick out diagonally parked and they might key it?
Old 07-05-2001, 07:26 AM

HaHaHaHa

Originally posted by edadams
lol!
Old 07-05-2001, 07:32 AM

All the time. Wife thinks I'm crazy but then again she wonders why her car has so many scratches on the side of her car.
Old 07-05-2001, 07:37 AM

Brains vs. Beauty

Originally posted by max2001se
All the time. Wife thinks I'm crazy but then again she wonders why her car has so many scratches on the side of her car.
Your wife and my wife ought to get together and go bowling sometime.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:08 AM

Always!

Are you kidding? With the quality of the paint on
the 5th gens, I *always* park away from other cars.
I always keep an umbrella in the car, so even if
it's a freakin' monsoon, I'll still park far away
from the morons.

Old 07-05-2001, 09:14 AM

far away but not if

I do park away from older cars, shopping carts etc. The exception is when I have a gal with me, friend or honey.
Don't want to expect women to understand or to have them walk 5 minutes on their pumps :-) I don't take up two spaces though cuz that could PO people and cause body damage. How about cones? You guys seen people using cones?
Old 07-05-2001, 10:19 AM

i usually park between 2 nice cars.. a new BMW/Lexus/Mercedes.. never got hit once yet.
Old 07-05-2001, 11:42 AM

Definitely! I feel like in general there is not much respect for a persons property anymore so it is better to protect your investment rather than believing that others may.
Old 07-05-2001, 02:10 PM

park next to benzes or modified cars...people that took the time to modify their cars dont usually like to mess their cars up (i hope)
Old 07-05-2001, 02:14 PM

I park in the farthest spot possible, farther back than the employees usually. I'm young, i can walk. The other day, i went to the driving range and pulled into the farthest away spot and was three spaces farther out than a 99 viper rt-10. Heh. Mine's nicer anyway. And i do the same when my girlfriend is with me, what kind fo girlfriend can't hack a 3 minute walk. Way too high maintence there.
Old 07-05-2001, 02:29 PM

Whenever I try to park in between two nice cars, for the reference lets say a Bimer on the left and a Corvetter on the right, I come back 5 minutes later to see a '77 Ford Pickup on the left and a Dodge Omni on the right
Old 07-05-2001, 03:24 PM

that was hilarious. it always happens too. lol. you always try and keep away from the crappers, but i guess they don't want there car to get dinged so they park next to our nice cars. lol.

but anyway, i like parking a mile away. lol. i get to look at my car from a distance and admire it on the walk. i even look back at my car when i'm walking away from it.
Old 07-05-2001, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by victor
that was hilarious. it always happens too. lol. you always try and keep away from the crappers, but i guess they don't want there car to get dinged so they park next to our nice cars. lol.

but anyway, i like parking a mile away. lol. i get to look at my car from a distance and admire it on the walk. i even look back at my car when i'm walking away from it.
screw looking back I walk backwords in hope that someone will hit me and I can sue their asses for money and hopefully make my car like kev's lol, u usually park in the back next to a curb and diagonally!
Old 07-05-2001, 04:07 PM

i always to try to park where no one else is arond
Old 07-05-2001, 04:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You'll have to use binoculars to see my car when you come out of the mall, besides, it keeps my girlfriend's legs and a$$ in shape, as well as mine. Hopefully I'll remember where I parked it, so I'll only have to jog one mile instead of five. Hehe.
Old 07-05-2001, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by Pillager
You'll have to use binoculars to see my car when you come out of the mall, besides, it keeps my girlfriend's legs and a$$ in shape, as well as mine. Hopefully I'll remember where I parked it, so I'll only have to jog one mile instead of five. Hehe.
We maxima drivers don't need good asses, we have MAXIMAS! lol
Old 07-05-2001, 09:00 PM

i don't want to walk backwards and get hit, cause i still want to drive my car, even if it don't look like kev's. lol. the max looks nice enough. but kev's does look sweet.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:10 PM

i park as far away as possible..if not, i park next to cars around the same league as the maxima

however, today i found 2 nasty chips on the driver's side front door molding where they were from i have no clue ...but if anyone knows how to cover up a chip the size of an aspirin pill lemme know

cheers
Old 07-06-2001, 07:34 AM
Chillboy

Originally posted by Ludacris
park next to benzes or modified cars...people that took the time to modify their cars dont usually like to mess their cars up (i hope)
i agree that parking next to modified cars is the safest. but nice cars like benzes and bimmers dont mean jack squat. Ive seen some retarded rich people who dont give a crap about other people's property. but to answer the original question... I park far as hell from my car. for ex, im a superduper senior at UMD, i can pretty much have any parking lot i want, but i choose to park at garage with wide spaces all the way across campus from where my classes are. i have to walk 15 mins extra but its worth it. aiite, peace out

Old 07-06-2001, 12:39 PM
TCm

I hate that...

Originally posted by edadams
I hate when people park diagonally or take up two spaces. Those same people do that 10 feet away from the store, too! When I see that, I want to park right alongside them, completely blocking their driver's side door.

To me, it's like they are saying, "I'm much more important than anyone else on the planet and I DESERVE two spaces." That's just rediculous. If you don't want your car to get ding'd, park further out in the parking lot.
Old 07-06-2001, 03:16 PM

Ill usually drive around the lot for about 10 minutes looking for the right spot. I dont park next to cars with large doors (never 2drs), and I usually end up parking next to one of those little "planted curb parking lot divider things" where I only have one car to worry about.
Old 07-06-2001, 06:33 PM

Always park as far away as possible! And taking two spots up? NO WAY! People look for that around here and key cars for it. I wish I could get away with it. No one around here is consider - they just open their doors right up as far as possible. Hell, I parked no where near the store the other night. Come out, and there's a lone shopping car near the car! What's up with that! Put it back where you found it!
Old 07-06-2001, 08:31 PM
CTalbott

Mall Parking lots

Yes, I do it to. Any where I go I try to park so no one gets to close to my 2001 SE(AE).

Old 07-06-2001, 08:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ah nice to be back

Wuzup guys n gals; started a thread on this about a month ago.
but hell yeah whenever possible i do not part next to others or in potential "traffic" areas of a lot.
usually i park next to a median/curb at least one sides protected. never next to a suv...darn dent in a weird spot from one of those. been busy but its good to see everyone is still active. laterz
Old 07-06-2001, 11:11 PM

I either park far away, or between an expensive or new car. It always sucks when the person next to me goes out and a POS car parks next to me and opens their door into mine. Just happened to me last weekend.
Old 07-07-2001, 10:14 AM
coolsnow23

I do this all the time. You especially have to be careful in those parking garages. Those are the worst.

Old 07-07-2001, 04:27 PM

If you really cared about your cars you would buy a car cover and cover your car before you go into the mall
Old 07-07-2001, 06:28 PM

I do as well

I park far away or if I ahve to park somewhere with cars _ I try to park at the end of a row so only one car is next to me - my wife thinks I am ****!
Old 07-07-2001, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by kaniksu
If you really cared about your cars you would buy a car cover and cover your car before you go into the mall
But, if you do this, then you get all the moron punk kids who like to mess with it just because its covered. Parking far, far, far away is much easier and safer cuz those same punk kids are lazy and not going to walk that far...
Old 07-07-2001, 09:04 PM

parking far away, scares me sometimes too......sometimes people like to mess with **** people.. so they may go out of there way to **** us off....i don't know though, just the way i think maybe.
Old 07-07-2001, 09:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

NOT SO LUCKY AT ALL

IN NEW ORLEANS THE LAST TIME I PARKED FAR AWAY I CAME OUT THE STORE IN A FEW MINS JUST TO FIND SOME DUMB B***** SLAMMED HER S*** INTO THE REAR OF MY CAR AND LEFT IT LIKE THAT. YOU GUYS CANT BELIEVE IT RIGHT WELL I AWAITED FOR THE OWNER OF THE VEHICLE TO COME OUT AND ASK HER WHY DID SHE DO THAT, SHE FREAKED THE HELL OUT AND WAS SPEACH LESS. THAT IS THE 3RD TIME WE GOT SOME STUPID M**** HERE IN NEW ORLEANS. MY WIFES HUBCAPS GOT STOLEN LAST TIME SHE PARKED HER CAR FAR AWAY.

98 MAX
STILLEN KIT
K N AIR INTAKE
CATTMAN Y PIPE
KONI ADJUSTABLES
18 X 8 CLUB LINEAS
245/40 NT 555'S
INTRAX SPRINGS
Old 07-08-2001, 07:55 AM

You can never be too **** about protecting your car. It's all a matter of odds. You just do what you can to minimize the odds of getting a ding/dent/scratch/scrape. I, personally, am installing a high powered magnetic field generator in my vehicle which will violently repel anything metal that approaches within 3 feet. Also, if dumba$$ kids approach too close they will experience agonizing headaches until they depart.
Old 07-08-2001, 08:39 PM

I DO! I am always in the back of the parking lots, taking up four spaces (I park in the middle of four). It's great for NOT getting dings or hit and it's also a little exercise each day. I paid too much for my baby for some WTT person to hit it! hehe My friends think I am nuts as well. Usually I drop them off at the door before I park the car!
Old 07-09-2001, 10:14 AM

Re: I do too

Originally posted by KyMAXSE
I always try to find spaces next to medians, curbs, handicap spaces, the places where most likely one door will be safe for sure. Otherwise I park a little further away just to be safe.
Ditto here.

Our '96 Max didn't have a single door ding when we turned it in at the end of 3 years. Some people comment about it, especially since our cars are usually leased -- "why do you care when it's not yours anyway," they say. Well, when people see it and comment on how nice it always looks, they don't know it's a lease, nor do they care -- they just see a nice looking car and someone who appreciates it.

My '96 Alty wasn't so lucky after a weekend in Myrtle Beach, but both of our 2000's are still ding-free.

Quick Reply: Anyone park there car far away?