5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

quick question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:57 AM

quick question

Hey, has anybody installed the N1 catback exhaust ??? I need a cheap exhaust since my stock one has problems with it .. If anybody has it please let me know noise volume and overall quality of the product..
Old 01-30-2007, 12:03 PM
is invisible

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...&postcount=190
Old 01-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think it is as all hell... But thats just me.

I say poney up the $$ for Cattman. Best exhaust tone IMO, perfect fit and top quality.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:09 PM

dont they have a silencer ?? so the noise wouldnt be that loud would it
Old 01-30-2007, 12:43 PM
IllegalMax

why do people say that "that exhaust is rice" or "that exhaust is for hondas" or "that is a fart can" you all are bull****! a person likes different stuff some like the round cans some dont. how about cattman it looks like you have a stock exhaust with a leak. all cat back exhaust systems are good.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by IllegalMax
why do people say that "that exhaust is rice" or "that exhaust is for hondas" or "that is a fart can" you all are bull****! a person likes different stuff some like the round cans some dont. how about cattman it looks like you have a stock exhaust with a leak. all cat back exhaust systems are good.
I can already tell you are going to be another short lived ricer tool on this board.

Thats why I said it looks rice TO ME...

I think a round can with a HUGE single exhaust tip is ricey and ugly.

IMO I like this look MUCH more, and it fits perfect, sounds great and has the best CS backing it up.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:56 PM
is invisible

why do people say that "that exhaust is rice" or "that exhaust is for hondas" or "that is a fart can" you all are bull****! a person likes different stuff some like the round cans some dont.

For the most part, sounds/looks are subjective and yes, that mean it can look/sound ricey.
how about cattman it looks like you have a stock exhaust with a leak. all cat back exhaust systems are good.
Where is the leak on the Cattman? Well, at least it's good, since "all cat back exhaust systems are good."
So which is the best? Is this an opinion or a fact?

btw, Cattman>*, is a rightfully respected name, and has done more for the car than 99% of the people on the .org.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by upstatemax
I say poney up the $$ for Cattman.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:03 PM
IllegalMax

The thing is everyone here always says cattman cattman ohh cattman. but the moment sombody says greddy or jic its ohh that is a fart can and thats ricey. its stupid. maby some people like the big round single tip.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:05 PM
IllegalMax

its people like this that make it no fun. keep your opinion to your self and resect the fact that someone is buying a exhaust for a max. even if it is "ricey" or a "fart can"

Old 01-30-2007, 01:09 PM

The thing is everyone here always says cattman cattman ohh cattman. but the moment sombody says greddy or jic its ohh that is a fart can and thats ricey. its stupid. maby some people like the big round single tip.

People praise Cattman up and down because Brian Catts has done a TON for the Maxima community and is really the only independent tuner making custom parts for the Maxima anymore.

He is always pushing for new products for us. To top it all off, he is does it all with a smile on his face, telling you the TRUTH and he goes well out of his way to help you out.

People trust and respect the Cattman name.

People say the others are ricey because that is how THEY feel about it, if you like that look... Put it on, but don't expect us to like it and lie to you about liking it.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:11 PM

its people like this that make it no fun. keep your opinion to your self and resect the fact that someone is buying a exhaust for a max. even if it is "ricey" or a "fart can"

If you want people to kiss your a$$ about liking your ricey fart can... Then go hang out at your local highschool.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:11 PM
is invisible

deal with it.

btw, i'm sorry you bought a Greddy Evo 2.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by CoolMax
deal with it.

btw, i'm sorry you bought a Greddy Evo 2.

I am really sorry that he got an Injen intake...
Old 01-30-2007, 01:18 PM
IllegalMax

Your missing the whole point im trying to get at. I been into these imports for some awhile now and i had plenty of imports but i love my max and its a great car to mod out. And i totaly resect cattman and what they are doing no doubt about it. I just cant understand how someone can talk **** about any performance mod on a max ricey or not. that doesnt sound like a real fan to me. like i said be happy people are even doing stuff to a max because if not it would be dead. Do you understand what the **** im saying now?

Old 01-30-2007, 01:24 PM

Your missing the whole point im trying to get at. I been into these imports for some awhile now and i had plenty of imports but i love my max and its a great car to mod out. And i totaly resect cattman and what they are doing no doubt about it. I just cant understand how someone can talk **** about any performance mod on a max ricey or not. that doesnt sound like a real fan to me. like i said be happy people are even doing stuff to a max because if not it would be dead. Do you understand what the **** im saying now?
just get what you want - if you want cheap - get it- if you like it - then who cares what others think - its all a matter of preference.. There are plenty of peops on the org with a greddy or whatever..regardless we all have a max we love to work on..

I also ran a search on your N1 Catback - Im sure you will probably find all sorts of sound clips or whatever on youtube..but just try looking for one on max and I couldnt find one.. wait a sec - you didnt even start this thread..so this info is for klee215..

Old 01-30-2007, 01:36 PM

Lets get one thing out of the way first...

As far as mufflers go for our car, none are a performance mod. They are all strictly sound and visual mods.

So... I consider a muffler that does nothing for a car, that looks ugly, a "ricey" mod.

since the term Rice/Ricey te me = an ugly mod put on a car to make it look faster and cooler that actually does nothing.

I like Cattman Cat-Backs for another reason... They use stock measurements for the B-Pipe and muffler so not only does a Cattman muffler bolt right on to the B-Pipe, but so does your OEM muffler, a Frankencar muffler, or another other muffler that is a direct bolt on for a factory b-pipe.

I use an OEM muffler on my car since I found it to be to loud after I installed headers... If I had any of the "ricey" Cat-Backs... I could not just throw it on... It would have to cut and welded on, no thanks.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:32 PM

Wow, Illegalmax really needs to STFU. So what if it looks "ricey"... If you like fartcan design it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks. People have rights to say what they want, ya know ...

BTW, I prefer Greddy over Catman simply because Greddy involves R&D to back them up... but that's just me .
Old 01-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Cletus

maby some people like the big round single tip.
you are correct...go talk to them here www.riceycivic.com