5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

X-TRA HP in anniversary edition MAX.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 07:49 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

WAZ up I just got my icelandic pearl MAXIMA. All I can say is wow this cars kicks a$$.Love the styling and the rims are pimp also but will soon be replaced by konig imagines in black pearl with machined lip. Anyway my question and one complaint is this, the extra power from the anniversary edition comes from the exhaust this has been confirmed. And yes im sure this is not news to you guys. Anyway the downward facing exhaust tips are fragging ugly and I want to replace them. I have decided to get a new Y-pipe but not a new catback system or muffler since this one is better than the regular SE's. Suggestions or thoughts on the black pearl imagines, exhaust tips ,or Y-pipe.Pros and Cons. Any help on some of these decisions would be appreciated including size of exhaust tips.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:26 AM

Welcome

Cattman Y, and sell your rims to me!! Nice ride and again welcome to the org.

Originally posted by SVTTODAMAX
WAZ up I just got my icelandic pearl MAXIMA. All I can say is wow this cars kicks a$$.Love the styling and the rims are pimp also but will soon be replaced by konig imagines in black pearl with machined lip. Anyway my question and one complaint is this, the extra power from the anniversary edition comes from the exhaust this has been confirmed. And yes im sure this is not news to you guys. Anyway the downward facing exhaust tips are fragging ugly and I want to replace them. I have decided to get a new Y-pipe but not a new catback system or muffler since this one is better than the regular SE's. Suggestions or thoughts on the black pearl imagines, exhaust tips ,or Y-pipe.Pros and Cons. Any help on some of these decisions would be appreciated including size of exhaust tips.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:30 AM

Re: Welcome

Originally posted by DenMax
Cattman Y, and sell your rims to me!! Nice ride and again welcome to the org.

I am going to sale them im going to order the imagines in about two weeks. I will put a post when I get them.Im keeping the tires.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:16 AM

Re: Re: Welcome

I am going to sale them im going to order the imagines in about two weeks. I will put a post when I get them.Im keeping the tires.
you will get more power from a good catback than your stock AE muffler...
Old 07-05-2001, 10:29 AM

I added tips to my AE muffler. I agree that the stock ones were butt-ugly! Now she looks much betta.

Old 07-05-2001, 11:04 AM

Nice choice!
Old 07-05-2001, 11:19 AM

How much were those tips and what is the diameter of them? Bolt on or welded? Looks so much better.
Old 07-05-2001, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by Desert Pearl

I added tips to my AE muffler. I agree that the stock ones were butt-ugly! Now she looks much betta.

Hey Desert Pearl, thanks for sharing your idea, I was just looking for changing the bu adaptor, since I am not ready to change the muffler for now, I think yours tips just look great.

Cheers

Double A
Old 07-05-2001, 05:01 PM

Originally posted by Desert Pearl

yeahhh, i like those a lot.. any info on make, model #, where you bought them from, etc. would be greatly appreciated