5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Got hit again

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:51 PM

Got hit again

This time got rear ended by a 06 sentra.

The front end of other car was destroyed.Ive only driven my car about 5 times since it was looking like this last month:

I was stopped at a red light on rt1 by laurel mall when the other car smashed into me.Old dude never even hit the brakes.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:03 PM

I like the face on the license plate. Sorry about your car. Which body shop did the work?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

That just plain sucks. You doing ok?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:11 PM

i feel ok,mostly pissed.Fixed the car myself last time.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 PM

as long as everyone is ok. It's just an accident.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 PM

atleast the 350z rims are ok..Gl with the body work..it doesnt look like too much damage. I think it'll work out
Old 02-26-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm a Happy Man!

sorry about your car dude.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:53 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by A33 VQ30DEK
as long as everyone is ok. It's just an accident.
You know, everyone always says this after an accident, and I always scoff. "It's just an accident". "Just an accident". AND MY CAR IS FREAKING DESTROYED??? JUST AN ACCIDENT???

Then I was in one. Not my fault, rear-ended. The back end of my car was destroyed. Words could not have described my anger at that point. It was my 4th generation Maxima. I could have killed the guy at that point. The insurance company wouldn't total the car, they tried to fix it even though the integrity of the frame was compromised. They said they fixed it, obviously the re-sale value was nothing w/ frame damage, so I lossed on that, the car didn't run the same, and started having starter problems. Words could not express the unnamed rage I felt.

But all of that... is gone now. I have a newer, better 5.5 gen. I love it just as much. Sometimes I see the old silver 99 Maximas and I think about it, but it's a passing feeling and that's it.

However, the pain in my neck is constant. It's been almost a year and I still get up in the morning with a slight headache, and spend 5 minutes stretching the delicate muscles on the left side of my neck, wincing as I do so. I can only turn my head about half way to the left without that sting screaming down my neck as my muscles hollar in agony. It lives a tingling sensation in my spine for about 3-5 minutes. Every time I go to get on the highway, I have to hold the left side of my neck with my right hand so I can turn just far enough to catch my blind spot, which is tough for a guy with 6 speed. Sometimes you have a good day, and it doesn't bother you too much, and you forget that there's a problem. You act normal, and you turn just once, and almost fall to your knees because the pain is stronger than you are. It's been a fun year.

There are people out there who have it a lot worse than me. But I know that some people may read this thread, and think the same way I used to when they read "It's just an accident". Well, if all you have to worry about is fixing the car, you got off good. Sure you're pissed, but that will pass. A year from now, you won't have to think about this accident every day.

Good luck to ya.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:12 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

It's always worse when you're sitting there minding your own business and you get hammered. A few years ago, it happened to me with a 2 month old Altima when a guy in a tow truck of all things plowed into me while yapping on his cell phone and totalled my car. A marked police car was passing in other direction at the time.

My only regret is that I got right out of the car. I should have milked it for all it was worth.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Rydicule
You know, everyone always says this after an accident, and I always scoff. "It's just an accident". "Just an accident". AND MY CAR IS FREAKING DESTROYED??? JUST AN ACCIDENT???

Then I was in one. Not my fault, rear-ended. The back end of my car was destroyed. Words could not have described my anger at that point. It was my 4th generation Maxima. I could have killed the guy at that point. The insurance company wouldn't total the car, they tried to fix it even though the integrity of the frame was compromised. They said they fixed it, obviously the re-sale value was nothing w/ frame damage, so I lossed on that, the car didn't run the same, and started having starter problems. Words could not express the unnamed rage I felt.

But all of that... is gone now. I have a newer, better 5.5 gen. I love it just as much. Sometimes I see the old silver 99 Maximas and I think about it, but it's a passing feeling and that's it.

However, the pain in my neck is constant. It's been almost a year and I still get up in the morning with a slight headache, and spend 5 minutes stretching the delicate muscles on the left side of my neck, wincing as I do so. I can only turn my head about half way to the left without that sting screaming down my neck as my muscles hollar in agony. It lives a tingling sensation in my spine for about 3-5 minutes. Every time I go to get on the highway, I have to hold the left side of my neck with my right hand so I can turn just far enough to catch my blind spot, which is tough for a guy with 6 speed. Sometimes you have a good day, and it doesn't bother you too much, and you forget that there's a problem. You act normal, and you turn just once, and almost fall to your knees because the pain is stronger than you are. It's been a fun year.

There are people out there who have it a lot worse than me. But I know that some people may read this thread, and think the same way I used to when they read "It's just an accident". Well, if all you have to worry about is fixing the car, you got off good. Sure you're pissed, but that will pass. A year from now, you won't have to think about this accident every day.

Good luck to ya.

Uhhh, most people say that when people DON"T get injured... Have you claimed your injury with his insurance and been going the doctor about it?
Old 02-27-2007, 06:27 AM

Sorry to hear about your car, glad you are OK
Old 02-27-2007, 07:27 AM
is invisible

Ouch, sorry.
What happened with the muffler?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by upstatemax
Uhhh, most people say that when people DON"T get injured... Have you claimed your injury with his insurance and been going the doctor about it?
I go to my doctor every month, the chiropracter twice a month, and do physical therapy. I have been advised against speaking about the claim until it has been resolved, particularly on an open forum.

In regards to your initial response, I suppose I was a bit confusing. The point was, I now understand why people say that when someone hasn't been injured, because I agree, it's just an accident. A car is a peice of metal and can be replaced, I have learned. Your health is entirely different. Sorry if it didn't make sense.

***EDIT*** wow, reading over that garbage I made it even more confusing. An accident is an accident, and it's no big deal if you aren't injured. Unfortunately I had to be injured to learn that.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:27 PM

I was in an accident where I was stopped at a crosswalk when by friend rear ended me. I luckily had our Explorer and he was in a volvo 940. He went right underneath the explorer as he came in around 25-30 mph on a rainy night. His car was totaled and we needed a new bumper and muffler. I had a sore back and neck and got 15 visits to my chiropractor covered on his insurance. The only reason why covereage stopped was because my body had recovered and could not keep charging the other insurance company. In the end everything worked out tho and we are still friends. Just glad I was in my moms car....otherwise it wouldnt have been pretty.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Rydicule
... The back end of my car was destroyed. ... the car didn't run the same, and started having starter problems.
how is getting rear ended cause starter problems? Do you even know where the starter is located? There is no way those two are related. Just p[ointing it out.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:39 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by nsnrider
how is getting rear ended cause starter problems? Do you even know where the starter is located? There is no way those two are related. Just p[ointing it out.
I'm well aware of where the starter is, I was just having a messed up morning and my head was somewhere else. Forgive me. It was having starting problems. Kind of like it wasn't getting enough fuel. I will edit the orginal post too.

And to elaborate more on the accident, it wasn't a fender-bender. The entire rear-end of the car was bent down against the back tires, the creasing point in the rear pannel. The car was pushed 10 feet forward and sideways, throwing the front end over a curb. The impact that it was hit with was MORE than enough to shake up more than just the bumper. I didn't want to really wait and see what new kinds of problems were going to arise just long enough after the insurance company cut the check that I would have to pay for it.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by CoolMax
Ouch, sorry.
What happened with the muffler?

What do you mean?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Squirrel82
What do you mean?
The tips are angled down?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:12 PM

yea theres a kink in the pipe a few inches back from the cat,exhaust also fell off the hangers
Old 02-28-2007, 06:26 PM

yea theres a kink in the pipe a few inches back from the cat,exhaust also fell off the hangers
I think i hear new catback on someone elses insurance??? Or atleast rear section
Old 02-28-2007, 06:26 PM
absoundlab

sorry to hear that

Old 02-28-2007, 06:36 PM
is invisible

to Panda.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by PandaXpress
I think i hear new catback on someone elses insurance??? Or atleast rear section

thats what Im looking into right now
Old 02-28-2007, 06:44 PM

thats what Im looking into right now
franken car.....and if not that, then EvoII...I LOVE THE SOUND of the EvoII
Old 02-28-2007, 06:53 PM

where do they sell those?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:55 PM

where do they sell those?
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=448993 and ebay if you want to go the cheaper route...
Old 02-28-2007, 06:57 PM

thanks for the link
Old 02-28-2007, 07:06 PM

No problem man...anytime
Old 03-01-2007, 09:21 PM

i gotta say, max's are built pretty tough. i got rear-ended in a parking lot and my car wasn't too bad, the other car looks pretty awful. $2200 bill to get it fixed, glad i'm not at fault.