5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

need help w/ passenger window

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 04:56 PM
You should thank my D***

need help w/ passenger window

whats up fellas,

I had the window lock on on my drivers window. I installed a new passenger window switch. Today I unclicked the window lock and my passenger window rolled down and wont go back up. My master window switch for passenger window and passenger side window switch wont work. All other switches and controls work. Me and my friend noticed the passenger window motor was hot and kept hearing a clicking noise. We tried to manually roll it up w/ a power probe but no luck. Just unplugged the motor harness. Then I heard a click noise coming from the drivers window so I unplugged the switch.

I did the led mod metals way for the drivers window switch and tapped into the red w/ white stripe wire then butt connected it because I cut it. I also butt connecteed the ground wire because I cut it. What does this red w/white wire do on the 2k2 I thought it was the illumination wire but that was for the 2k. I don't know what to do. I just unplugged all the switches. My friend thinks I need a new master switch. I might undo the butt connectors and touch the wire directly to see if that would changed anything I doubt it though.

Anyone know what this could be from?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by inspiredbykev
whats up fellas,

I had the window lock on on my drivers window. I installed a new passenger window switch. Today I unclicked the window lock and my passenger window rolled down and wont go back up. My master window switch for passenger window and passenger side window switch wont work. All other switches and controls work. Me and my friend noticed the passenger window motor was hot and kept hearing a clicking noise. We tried to manually roll it up w/ a power probe but no luck. Just unplugged the motor harness. Then I heard a click noise coming from the drivers window so I unplugged the switch.

I did the led mod metals way for the drivers window switch and tapped into the red w/ white stripe wire then butt connected it because I cut it. I also butt connecteed the ground wire because I cut it. What does this red w/white wire do on the 2k2 I thought it was the illumination wire but that was for the 2k. I don't know what to do. I just unplugged all the switches. My friend thinks I need a new master switch. I might undo the butt connectors and touch the wire directly to see if that would changed anything I doubt it though.

Anyone know what this could be from?
try disconnecting the window switch relay in the engine bay, then reconnect it (i.e. reset it). I had something similar happen to me when I had my 4th gen, so I dont know if it will work for the 5th..but its worth a try.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:26 PM

5.5 gen right?..can always try the pedal dance and reset the ecu . . ?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 PM
You should thank my D***

I'll will try that and see what happens. Thanks fellas.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:41 PM
You should thank my D***

Disconnect relay no luck. Tried my boys master window switch from an 02 max and no luck. When I had his window switch in and was pressing down and up on the passenger side window switch no clicking from the motor. Once in a while I hear a noise coming from the motor so I dissconnected the harness going to the motor so it wouldn't get hot.

Anyone else?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:18 PM
You should thank my D***

just bought another window regulator w/ new motor and as soon as I plugged it in it did the same thing the window just went down. I also tried my friends 2k2 master switch no luck.

When I first did the led mod I cut the white wire w/ red stripe then I butt connected it back. Then I cut the black wire and butt connected it. Then I found that the white wire w/ blue stripe was the illumination wire so I tapped into that. (All these wire on the larger harness)

On the passenger side I just tapped into the black wire on the larger harness and on the smaller wire harness the small white wire w/ blue stripe.

Once I released the window lock on the master switch my passenger window rolled down and wont go back up and the motor was hot. Again, I did two things took off the master switch out of my boys 2k2 max and still wouldn't roll up the window. Then I bought a new window regulator and motor and it did the same thing just rolled down and stayed down. Its as if it thinks that someone is holding the passenger window switch down because the motor gets hot. Relay and fuses are fine. I don't know if its because of the wires I tapped into or what?

You have any ideas of what could be causing this?

Anyone know of the smart entrance module?

What else can I do??
Old 03-16-2007, 08:08 PM
You should thank my D***

bump to the top
Old 03-16-2007, 08:38 PM

Hate to say this, but it might be a short...make sure whatever module is used for the windows is not shorted out. Also do you have any wires that you recently connected? From the led mod..did you connect everything perfectly and when this happened with your window did you disconnect everything to how it was connected before?
Old 03-17-2007, 06:48 AM
You should thank my D***

I am going to try to disconnect everything and put back to stock. Hopefully this works.

Where would the window module be located?
Old 03-17-2007, 08:55 AM
You should thank my D***

I disconnected everything. Unplugged the relay thats fine. As soon as I turn the key on the motor on the passenger side just gets hot because its receiving constant power. So eliminte the master switch, passenger switch, relay, motor, 10a fuse under the dash for electrical parts.

Help what else. I've been reading about this SECU. But All the other windows work except for passenger but it locks all the doors including passenger. Would this module effect the passenger window alone? From what I read this module controls interior lights windows etc but everything else works fine.

:attention
Old 03-17-2007, 09:56 PM
You should thank my D***

to the top
Old 03-20-2007, 03:21 PM
You should thank my D***

do you think that the smart control module would effect the passenger side door?

Anything else I should be checking?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:44 AM
You should thank my D***

does anyone know on the passenger side window switch, is the illumination wire on the larger harness or on the smaller harness. I know on the drivers side its on the larger harness which has many more wires.

Also on the smaller harness what does the white w/ blue stripe wire do?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:34 PM
You should thank my D***

Found the problem with help from my boy who is a bmw tech. My passenger side window switch lever was all the way back so when I put the cover on it was holding it down. Thanks.