5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

AE body kits.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 02:37 AM

Anyone know where i can get one? i just decided to break down and buy one. they just look too good
Old 07-12-2001, 02:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Maxima-Ness
.... they just look too good
They do... Don't they!!
Old 07-12-2001, 07:24 AM

Your local Nissan dealer should be able to order you up a kit. Your cost will most likely be around the $1100.00 range for the entire kit. A bit pricey, if you ask me, but since it's a factory part, it doesn't surprise me.

Keep in mind though, that once you put on that front AE lip to your car, the nose-end piece of bras don't fit any more. If you have a bra, only the hood piece will fit.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:28 AM

Anyone know where i can get one? i just decided to break down and buy one. they just look too good
aren't you a dealer??
Old 07-12-2001, 08:07 AM

Question...

Originally posted by KennyLau
Your local Nissan dealer should be able to order you up a kit. Your cost will most likely be around the $1100.00 range for the entire kit. A bit pricey, if you ask me, but since it's a factory part, it doesn't surprise me.

Keep in mind though, that once you put on that front AE lip to your car, the nose-end piece of bras don't fit any more. If you have a bra, only the hood piece will fit.

Is that including the install or just for the part? Thanks.
Old 07-12-2001, 08:26 AM

Re: Question...

Originally posted by Shinnjee

I think just for the kit not the install.
Old 07-12-2001, 09:23 AM

Re: Question...

Originally posted by Shinnjee
Yup, that price is only for the parts. They come pre-painted too. I can't imagine that the kit would be too difficult to install yourself.
Old 07-12-2001, 10:22 AM

Front lip..

Anyone ever try out just the front lip on our cars, either Stillen or AE?? I wouls assume since no one has it done on a 5th Gen, someone tried it and it didn't look right??
Old 07-12-2001, 11:18 AM

Re: Re: Question...

Originally posted by KennyLau

Yup, that price is only for the parts. They come pre-painted too. I can't imagine that the kit would be too difficult to install yourself.
There was a post here not too long ago about install difficulty and they said it WAS difficult to install. Sorry I don't remember the link.
Old 07-12-2001, 03:10 PM

IMHO, I think the AE body kit makes the Maxima looks a bit bulky, the side sills don't look right, they're installed at an angle and don't seem to flow with the lines of the car. The kit on the I30 looks much better.
Old 07-12-2001, 06:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Front lip..

I think it will look odd from the side, like a droping jaw.

Originally posted by Jeff2k1GLE
Anyone ever try out just the front lip on our cars, either Stillen or AE?? I wouls assume since no one has it done on a 5th Gen, someone tried it and it didn't look right??
Old 07-12-2001, 09:21 PM

Re: Re: Question...

Thanks Kenny, Gordan. Not that I don't believe you guys but I'm gonna go to the dealer saturday and get more info. But that sounds okay to me considering it's pre-painted and it's OE.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:05 PM

Originally posted by Extremax

They do... Don't they!!

yes, better than anything out there now. i mean, the only other real competition is the Stillen kit, but i think it looks so much like an afterthought and doenst blend with the car very well. Yes, the sides stick out a little more thani would like them too, but put a whole kit on, and its nothing short of sweet!

BTW, will i have to get a different exhaust if i get the kit? that just occured to me.

thanx!

PS-I wanted to ask you guys first if you knew if they were still offering the AE kits, cause my parts guy cant find any part numbers or anything in his computer. I guess we will have to confir with Dave B.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:15 PM

yes, better than anything out there now. i mean, the only other real competition is the Stillen kit, but i think it looks so much like an afterthought and doenst blend with the car very well. Yes, the sides stick out a little more thani would like them too, but put a whole kit on, and its nothing short of sweet!

BTW, will i have to get a different exhaust if i get the kit? that just occured to me.

thanx!

PS-I wanted to ask you guys first if you knew if they were still offering the AE kits, cause my parts guy cant find any part numbers or anything in his computer. I guess we will have to confir with Dave B.
i like your stillen kit more.
Old 07-13-2001, 02:30 AM

thanx!

The only way to get the AE kit is through Dave B. I have talked to the local dealerships here and they haven't been able to locate anything either. You won't need a new muffler cause the back is only caps and doesn't wrap around the entire bumper. I'm going to try and attach the pic of the back here...I hope it works. As for installation, I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'll ordering my AE aero kit next week when the splash guards come in. So give me a couple of weeks, then I'll post. I picked the OEM kit because it was pre-painted for a good color match and because it's covered under warranty. Also, because here in Hawaii, you can't drop your car that much or modify it with a body kit in anyway unless you get a reconstruction sticker (kind of like a smog check for those in Cali, but for reconstuction instead). We have strict laws on modifying your car here and since the kit is stock, I wouldn't need to pay for the recon sticker.
Old 07-13-2001, 07:07 AM

My local dealership actually can get it. (309 Montgomery Nissan & Acura) I try to get just the front lip and it cost around 400 unpainted and 600 painted.
1200 complete kit painted, seperate pieces very expensive.
Can Dave B get it cheaper for us beloved Maxima.org members?
Old 07-13-2001, 08:21 AM

I have to disagree..

Originally posted by madmax2k1
IMHO, I think the AE body kit makes the Maxima looks a bit bulky, the side sills don't look right, they're installed at an angle and don't seem to flow with the lines of the car. The kit on the I30 looks much better.
I think the AE body kit loks great. At least on my black AE.

Old 07-13-2001, 10:09 AM

I've got the aero kits for $1070.00, shipped to most areas!
Thanks, David Burnette Town North Nissan 800-251-7278