5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just polished and used sealer on my Black SE!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 04:09 PM

Now, after I polished (the act of removing the old wax), I applied a shiny coat of Sealer on it. Now the car has very little spiral mark on it. And the paint looks so much deeper now. It acts as a mirror. The thing is that I haven't even waxed the car yet. I want to get some Zaino, but it will take a long time to come to my house.

Just wanted to share to you guys that polishing do make the bad quality paint looks better.
Old 07-13-2001, 06:07 PM

I just put on my second coat of Zaino this afternoon. It looks great. I plan to dump the entire bottle on my car before Maxus. Hope it gets rid of those stupid paint chips on my bumper. But if it doesn't, nose mask is on the way.
Old 07-13-2001, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by GXE Spoiler
I just put on my second coat of Zaino this afternoon. It looks great. I plan to dump the entire bottle on my car before Maxus. Hope it gets rid of those stupid paint chips on my bumper. But if it doesn't, nose mask is on the way.
the entire thing? Don't you ever get tired? I just did 3 layers; polish, sealer and wax and now I am really tired.

BTW, very shiny Max you got there, just like mine!
Old 07-14-2001, 04:10 AM

Well, lets see... 13 days before Maxus. So 1 coat every day... and I think it is 5-8 coats / bottle. I think I will have enough time. I've been dumping my bottle of Z-5 on my car... so once I'm done with that I'll start the Z-2 bottle.

You know I GOTTA get rid of those paint chips on the bumper!

Zaino is easy to get on and off... I think I get more tired of squating down so low than buffing it out.

Its definately a LOT easier than wax... even those so called "Easy off" waxes.

Unfortunately, birds are now targeting my car big time. I was applying the second coat yesterday and by the time I got around to applying the last side, I found bird sh*t on the windshield.

I really want to see if my car will glow after so many coats.
Old 07-14-2001, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by GXE Spoiler
Well, lets see... 13 days before Maxus. So 1 coat every day... and I think it is 5-8 coats / bottle. I think I will have enough time. I've been dumping my bottle of Z-5 on my car... so once I'm done with that I'll start the Z-2 bottle.

You know I GOTTA get rid of those paint chips on the bumper!

Zaino is easy to get on and off... I think I get more tired of squating down so low than buffing it out.

Its definately a LOT easier than wax... even those so called "Easy off" waxes.

Unfortunately, birds are now targeting my car big time. I was applying the second coat yesterday and by the time I got around to applying the last side, I found bird sh*t on the windshield.

I really want to see if my car will glow after so many coats.
man, I think I gotta get Zaino! My Simoniz wax is so hard to get on, not to mention its oily residue that sticks to the car.
Old 07-14-2001, 11:34 AM

I took off my second coat this morning. It looks like it is starting to glow now. I thing I could definately put her on the showroom floor and pass her off as new. The little chips on the bumper are starting to fade because the polish is bright. I might not get all of them out but I do know some of them are disappearing.

I was out for a joyride this morning... just doing things around town. Just to see how it looked in the sun. BTW - chased down this heavy footed SUV driver and walked right passed him. Must have been in a rush to get somewhere... that or he was an idiot. Can't understand why some people drive their SUVs as if their some sports car. Just watching makes me think they are going to roll over and kill themselves.

As for the Zaino, good stuff. But I'm reserving my judgement until I get it to illuminate! As well as get a look or two at Maxus. But I'll tell you right now that I'm getting ready to throw out my orbital!