5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My max vs. riced out integra

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 04:40 PM
Chillboy

Yesterday, coming home from the local shop (bought japanese air freshner +5hp) during rush hour around 4 pm, i saw this silver integra (auto i think) with aftermarket rims and exhaust, and lowered. i weaved through traffic to get to him, and picked a race with him, but he didnt do anything. i was pretty dissapointed but like less than 50 ft ahead was an even more riced out integra. this black integra gsr (manual) had rims, greddy, body kit, and completely slammed to the ground (maybe 2 inches from the ground) and probably other bolt ons. so i caught upto him, gave him a look, and he took off.

i must say, he was a pretty good driver the way he managed the traffic... his decision making was exellent... even with full traffic we hit over 100mph. when he took off, i was behind him from the beginning. i think i was within 5 ft the whole time... and in one straight away, in fourth gear, around 5k rpm, i had release the gas cuz i almost hit him. i know he didnt slow down, cuz i saw him shift to fifth. now, i am wondering... do you think i caught up to him because i was drafting so closely, or because my car is faster... im not really sure. god i wish there was room to pass, but too much traffic. oh well, it was still fun.

Old 07-13-2001, 05:22 PM
Got Bent?

nice which shop were you at?

this morning when I was going to work, I came up against this new Celica GT with a HUGE exhaust. It was a one lane road and we were stopped at a light. He was first and I was right behind. He takes off normally as do I. Then, he looks in his rearview and guns it. I give it gas and am on his tail....he couldn't shake me at all, and I wasn't even at WOT. Had to turn off after that...

Harrison, whats the deal? Everyone wants a race around here these days. I have gotten into five or six in the past two days.....used up a lot of gas oh well tho....
Old 07-13-2001, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by Chillboy
Yesterday, coming home from the local shop (bought japanese air freshner +5hp) during rush hour around 4 pm, i saw this silver integra (auto i think) with aftermarket rims and exhaust, and lowered. i weaved through traffic to get to him, and picked a race with him, but he didnt do anything. i was pretty dissapointed but like less than 50 ft ahead was an even more riced out integra. this black integra gsr (manual) had rims, greddy, body kit, and completely slammed to the ground (maybe 2 inches from the ground) and probably other bolt ons. so i caught upto him, gave him a look, and he took off.

i must say, he was a pretty good driver the way he managed the traffic... his decision making was exellent... even with full traffic we hit over 100mph. when he took off, i was behind him from the beginning. i think i was within 5 ft the whole time... and in one straight away, in fourth gear, around 5k rpm, i had release the gas cuz i almost hit him. i know he didnt slow down, cuz i saw him shift to fifth. now, i am wondering... do you think i caught up to him because i was drafting so closely, or because my car is faster... im not really sure. god i wish there was room to pass, but too much traffic. oh well, it was still fun.
Being an Integra Type-R owner myself, I do alot of research on Integras. GS-R with serious ECU tweak and with just simple bolt ons such as exhaust, headers, cams, Intake and ignition, this car, in some cases, made to 150mph. Many GS-R run high 14s. I really don't think a Maxima is that fast
Old 07-13-2001, 07:14 PM

Many 5 speed Maximas are in the high 14's. Some are in the mid 14's.

Originally posted by LoveSick

Being an Integra Type-R owner myself, I do alot of research on Integras. GS-R with serious ECU tweak and with just simple bolt ons such as exhaust, headers, cams, Intake and ignition, this car, in some cases, made to 150mph. Many GS-R run high 14s. I really don't think a Maxima is that fast
Old 07-13-2001, 09:46 PM
Chillboy

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
nice which shop were you at?

Harrison, whats the deal? Everyone wants a race around here these days. I have gotten into five or six in the past two days.....used up a lot of gas oh well tho....
I went to cartrenz. i hate that place cuz they overcharge, but they have the best selection when it comes to cool air freshners... =) but i know, ive been in many races this week myself... of course i instigated many of them. but i think its the weather.... man, its been so nice these past couple of days... hasnt it?

Old 07-13-2001, 11:29 PM

I shoped at cartrenz once. That kewl someone else is on here that shoped there too.
Old 07-14-2001, 06:35 AM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by Chillboy

I went to cartrenz. i hate that place cuz they overcharge, but they have the best selection when it comes to cool air freshners... =) but i know, ive been in many races this week myself... of course i instigated many of them. but i think its the weather.... man, its been so nice these past couple of days... hasnt it?
Well, if I am looking for cool air fresheners, thats where I will go. The weather has been nice....not very hot. Good for racing
Old 07-14-2001, 06:57 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

I raced a fairly modded Teg from about 60 mph. I was pulling slowly until I hit my damn limiter, then he flew by...we did this about 3 times. Of course, this wont happen anymore
Old 07-14-2001, 10:17 AM
JET Speed Lab

went out for a drive last night around 12-1am, saw so many rice rockets. i couldnt race them cause they'd always be goign the opposite way!