5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

A couple problems with HID kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by CoolMax
sooner, you have had nothing but negative things to say to myself and others lately.. not everybody knows every detail about maxima.org or maximas in general like you.. so if you can't offer help without being an *** about it then please refrain from posting in my threads.

Not really funny the first time you posted it... Second time, total failure.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:34 AM

Do you have glare shields? if not, you should add them to your setup. My HID kit (h4) didnt have one, so i made some myself. I have two extra sheets of aluminum to make the shields. I can give you some pointers. $5 shipped to you. Let me know if you have shields or not.

Aiming up and down, is gonna kill the distance. You just need the shield to block off the bottom reflection. Thats whats causing the glare to oncoming drivers. Light bounces off bottom and straight into the eyes of oncoming traffic.

With my shields, no one beams me anymore.

-Anthony
Old 07-26-2007, 01:07 AM
VIP Maxima

there are two screws. one adjusts the headlight up and down, the other adjusts it towards inner or outter. adjust accordingly. pics of the said glare shield please

Old 07-26-2007, 05:15 AM
Cletus

dear god
you have started a third HID thread...when the answers for all three have already been answered on here
Old 07-26-2007, 05:16 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by wyche89
I just recently installed a 6000k bi-xenon kit in my 2001 maxima, and they seem bright to the point where they might be blinding people.
thats why you dont install a fuking HID kit in stock 00-01 housing.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:20 AM
Cletus

from one of your other HID threads

Originally Posted by irish44j
HID in oem headlights housings = suck.

Purple =

/thread.

(I typically wouldn't flame on a problem question, but there is nothing I hate more than cars with HIDs in their stock halogen housings. They're all over the place in this area and f***ing blind me whenever I'm going toward them.)
Old 07-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Banned

WYCHE89, youve got 4 ballasts...Ive only got two ballasts for my H4 Bixenon kit. I think you should have gone through Maximabest and got one of his Helios Bi-Xenon kits. They have 2 ballasts only
Old 07-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Cletus

buying a cheap HID kit and trying to install it in a stock 00-01 housing FTL
Old 07-26-2007, 05:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by soonerfan
buying a cheap HID kit and trying to install it in a stock 00-01 housing FTL
damn, do you ever have anything positive to say....maybe being overseas is getting to your head (dont let it get you down son)
Old 07-26-2007, 06:02 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Trurida18
damn, do you ever have anything positive to say....maybe being overseas is getting to your head (dont let it get you down son)
i dont waste my positive posts on pointless threads.

ask a legit question and i will give you more than you need to know
Old 07-26-2007, 07:11 AM

in NYC, there are tons of HID kits in cars. They use to annoy me but if you can't beat em join em.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Banned

i dont waste my positive posts on pointless threads.

ask a legit question and i will give you more than you need to know
a "LEGIT QUESTION".....ARE U SERIOUS A "LEGIT QUESTION" lmao *smh*
Old 07-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Cletus

a "LEGIT QUESTION".....ARE U SERIOUS A "LEGIT QUESTION" lmao *smh*
you havent been here long enough to realize this.
we get so many pointless threads asking common question that get answered once a week. most of us get sick of it.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Banned

you havent been here long enough to realize this.
we get so many pointless threads asking common question that get answered once a week. most of us get sick of it.
maybe your right, but still man, although I DO start to see where your coming from about ALOT OF THE REPOSTS...YOU ARE ONE HARSH GUY, (not trying to be disrespectful by the way)
Old 07-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Cletus

maybe your right, but still man, although I DO start to see where your coming from about ALOT OF THE REPOSTS...YOU ARE ONE HARSH GUY, (not trying to be disrespectful by the way)
this dude has started three treads regarding the same topic.
i tell it how it is and i serve a purpose on here...see what it says under my username
Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Banned

this dude has started three treads regarding the same topic.
i tell it how it is and i serve a purpose on here...see what it says under my username
well, yea 3 threads is a bit over the top....
Old 07-26-2007, 09:33 AM

WYCHE89, youve got 4 ballasts...Ive only got two ballasts for my H4 Bixenon kit. I think you should have gone through Maximabest and got one of his Helios Bi-Xenon kits. They have 2 ballasts only
yeah right.. lol... i'm actually glad i didn't go through maximabest.. check out the last 2 pages on his group deal thread... he's been scamming people left and right recently.. by the way he talks (types) it seems like it's a 12 year old running those sales
Old 07-26-2007, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
there are two screws. one adjusts the headlight up and down, the other adjusts it towards inner or outter. adjust accordingly. pics of the said glare shield please
that's the problem... there should be, but i can only see 1 long screw that's probably the adjustment screw for each headlight... not only that, but the haynes manual only mentions 1 adjustment screw for 5th gen and up.. the only other thing that MIGHT be an adjustment screw is a short bolt that's right in front of and above the fuse box on the drivers side headlight, but that seems to be holding something together in the headlight assembly, and looks nothing like the long adjustment screw with the white cap on it...
Old 07-26-2007, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by gxe2se
Do you have glare shields? if not, you should add them to your setup. My HID kit (h4) didnt have one, so i made some myself. I have two extra sheets of aluminum to make the shields. I can give you some pointers. $5 shipped to you. Let me know if you have shields or not.

Aiming up and down, is gonna kill the distance. You just need the shield to block off the bottom reflection. Thats whats causing the glare to oncoming drivers. Light bounces off bottom and straight into the eyes of oncoming traffic.

With my shields, no one beams me anymore.

-Anthony
they're supposed to come with glare shields, but still seem really bright.. i just want to make sure they're aimed correctly to eliminate that as a possible problem before i purchase extra glare shields... but yeah, i would like to see pics also if possible
Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 PM

yeah right.. lol... i'm actually glad i didn't go through maximabest.. check out the last 2 pages on his group deal thread... he's been scamming people left and right recently.. by the way he talks (types) it seems like it's a 12 year old running those sales

Yeah maximabest is scamming people on here. I'm glad I didn't buy off him too. I did get my Techones Bixenon from Automax95. He was very helpful and he shipped it out quick. I'm very satisfied with his product. His kit came with glare shields attached and the install was simple and clean...only 2 ballast. The quality of the kit is better and its water proof. You should have got some from him. I even got the lifetime warranty from him.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Maximized2000
Yeah maximabest is scamming people on here. I'm glad I didn't buy off him too. I did get my Techones Bixenon from Automax95. He was very helpful and he shipped it out quick. I'm very satisfied with his product. His kit came with glare shields attached and the install was simple and clean...only 2 ballast. The quality of the kit is better and its water proof. You should have got some from him. I even got the lifetime warranty from him.
hmm... interesting... dah well.. lol.. i already purchased this kit, so i gotta stick with it... best thing i can do is just aim them correctly so i dont blind people
Old 07-26-2007, 12:35 PM

hmm... interesting... how much did you pay?

Its still in the GD section.

But here it is: $295 w/ Lifetime warranty
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=481336
Old 07-26-2007, 12:37 PM

yeah... my bad.. i looked in there and saw it... thats not a bad deal.. i paid 280 for mine
Old 07-26-2007, 12:42 PM

yeah... my bad.. i looked in there and saw it... thats not a bad deal.. i paid 280 for mine

Oh man...$280. Send it back and try to get a refund because they're causing you trouble already....imagine what will happen in the future.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned

lmao!!!! your not right for that one, LMAO!!, BUT I AGREE He does type like a 12 year old, But i do like the Helios Kits. But I didnt know he was scamming people.

But you should be able to get some Bi-Xenon's and use ONE SET of the ballasts, and probably get a different wire harness
Old 07-26-2007, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Maximized2000
Oh man...$280. Send it back and try to get a refund because they're causing you trouble already....imagine what will happen in the future.
if i can't get this glare problem fixed thats what i might do.. but like i said, i would really like to obtain information on where these aiming screws are on my car to see if that corrects the problem
Old 07-26-2007, 01:01 PM

lmao!!!! your not right for that one, LMAO!!, BUT I AGREE He does type like a 12 year old, But i do like the Helios Kits. But I didnt know he was scamming people
oh yeah... read the last 2 pages of that thread and you'll see... he has some real enemies on maxima.org now.. lol
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....403059&page=81
Old 07-26-2007, 01:49 PM

i would really like to obtain information on where these aiming screws are on my car to see if that corrects the problem

They are white plastic parts on the back of the headlight that a wrench fits over (don't remember size) and you turn them to aim up and down.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by upstatemax
They are white plastic parts on the back of the headlight that a wrench fits over (don't remember size) and you turn them to aim up and down.
ok... thank you upstate.. that helps for the up/down... thats the long screw towards the bottom of the headlight assembly right? i knew that did one of the adjustments... now what do i turn for the left/right adjustment?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:06 PM

ok... thank you upstate.. that helps for the up/down... thats the long screw towards the bottom of the headlight assembly right? i knew that did one of the adjustments... now what do i turn for the left/right adjustment?

Don't think there is any left/right adjustment, just up and down.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

thats what i thought also.....
Old 07-26-2007, 11:13 PM

wow... seriously? that's interesting... i was in the middle of adjusting my up/down position on my drivers headlight in a parking lot, and got kicked off by security cause it was private property.. lol.. i never thought it would be so hard to find 25 feet of level ground perpindicular to a wall, but it's quite challenging... anyway... at least i got the passenger side done...

anybody else know if there's a left/right adjustment for 2000-2001 headlights?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Cletus

anybody else know if there's a left/right adjustment for 2000-2001 headlights?
no there isnt...because you should never have to do that.

do you realize why you shouldnt install an HID kit in a stock 00-01 housing?
there are too many things that go wrong.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:04 AM

thank you.. this is what i've been trying to find out for the past couple days... now as far as how people shouldn't put an HID kit in a stock 5th gen housing... i was aware of the glare issues that can be caused by doing that, and i did not completely disregard that issue at all.. i do have much consideration for other drivers, and i stand by my original statement that these bulbs were advertised in the following thread (post #63) to have glare shields installed on them, so i figured that glare would not be a problem:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=515274&page=3
Old 07-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Banned

thank you.. this is what i've been trying to find out for the past couple days... now as far as how people shouldn't put an HID kit in a stock 5th gen housing... i was aware of the glare issues that can be caused by doing that, and i did not completely disregard that issue at all.. i do have much consideration for other drivers, and i stand by my original statement that these bulbs were advertised in the following thread (post #63) to have glare shields installed on them, so i figured that glare would not be a problem:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=515274&page=3
I think you should have gotten a different set of Bi-Xenon's
Old 07-27-2007, 08:03 AM

yeah i'm starting to think that too... i wanna see whats up with these glare shields that gxe2se was talking about... if that doesnt work out, i'm gonna send them back and get my money back.. i aimed them last night... i got the chance to aim the passenger one at least, and i aimed the drivers side a little higher (they were both aimed too low) and now the glare seems worse.. i'm gonna drive behind and on-coming to one of my friends and how bad they say it is.. because i'm not trying to blind people
Old 07-28-2007, 09:44 AM

ok.. i just aimed the drivers side headlight up to the same level as the passenger side (had to do it quickly before security came back around!) and it actually seems better standing in front of the car, and off to the side too.. my drivers side adjustment screw was missing the white cap, so obviously somebody was fooling around with it somewhere in the car's 76,000 mile lifetime that i wasnt around for i'm still gonna drive behind one of my friends and test them that way too though
Old 07-28-2007, 10:49 AM
This is a democracy

do you realize why you shouldnt install an HID kit in a stock 00-01 housing?
there are too many things that go wrong.

dude...i read this entire thread to see how much of a ****** you could be, and i think you need to be banned dude...
you made your point at the beginning of the thread, there was no need to rag on this kid throughout the rest of the thread.

why dont you STFU and go eat some cat or something...
Old 07-29-2007, 06:05 PM

lol @ irishmax

anyway... i drove behind my girl and she said they were bright, but not "blinding" bright... i also did a test where i sat in my moms CRV with my car on behind it, and i came up with the same results... so final conclusion is: the lights are not bright to the point where they are blinding, and shouldn't be a safety hazard to anyone... however, i will do more tests to strengthen the validity of the results because safety is a serious issue to me... thanx to all those who gave their help
Old 07-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Cletus

the reason why after market HIDs are illegal

Quick Reply: A couple problems with HID kit