5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

0-60mph result! SHOCKING!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 09:52 PM

Okay, I just had my automatic gear bod and LSD oil replaced with mobil 1 stuff. Engine was done with conventional Castrol oil. I borrowed my friend's G-Tech pro. I went to a straight road. I set the thing and so on.

My car is a 2000 Maxima SE auto with LSD, 17", leather and all the options the GLE has.

I went to the road and ran. I had my gear at D with O/D on. My gas tank is 3/4 full. My tire pressure is 28psi all around. Traction control was off. I just let the car shift because 60mph can be reached in just 2nd gear.

So as soon as G-Tech tells me to go, I slam it! There was no wheel spin whatsoever! I believe it was because of the mobil1 LSD gear oil. All the way from 6200rpm, there is no wheel spin! At 2nd gear 5000rpm, I was at 60mph and Gtech pro read the time of 7.1 sec.

The second time, I did it again. No wheel spin! 6.9sec.

I did again. This time, no wheel spin, but a chrip when going from 1st to 2nd. in no time, I hit 60mph. This time, Gtech read 6.7sec!!!

I cannot believe my own eyes. I guess LSD using mobil1 synthetic did made a difference because there was absolutely no wheel spin! I am glad that I got an LSD and I am glad that I made a good decision of chaning my LSD oil with mobil1, which protects and increase the performacne of my LSD.

I guess LSD with mobil1 LSD gear oil is the best combination.

6.7sec with automatic is just plain pathetic! I am peeing my pants!

When I was driving back home, I realized that I should have torque brake, but oh well, I am extremely satisfied with my result! 6.7sec from 0-60 in a stock SE auto is just plain unbelievable! I am still very excited!
Old 07-20-2001, 10:20 PM

Wow!

How many miles are on your car? Do you know you're 0-60 time before the switch to Mobil 1? I might have to get me some of that stuff! I already have Mobil 1 in the engine.
Old 07-20-2001, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by LoveSick

My car is a 2000 Maxima SE auto with LSD, 17", leather and all the options the GLE has.
leather = speed
Old 07-20-2001, 10:35 PM

Already got it in then engine, got some mobil 1 for my tranny sitting in the garage. Sounds like it's time to put it in.
Old 07-20-2001, 10:59 PM

Okay, I just had my automatic gear bod and LSD oil replaced with mobil 1 stuff. Engine was done with conventional Castrol oil. I borrowed my friend's G-Tech pro. I went to a straight road. I set the thing and so on.

I went to the road and ran. I had my gear at D with O/D on. My gas tank is 3/4 full. My tire pressure is 28psi all around. Traction control was off. I just let the car shift because 60mph can be reached in just 2nd gear.

So as soon as G-Tech tells me to go, I slam it! There was no wheel spin whatsoever! I believe it was because of the mobil1 LSD gear oil. All the way from 6200rpm, there is no wheel spin! At 2nd gear 5000rpm, I was at 60mph and Gtech pro read the time of 7.1 sec.

The second time, I did it again. No wheel spin! 6.9sec.

I did again. This time, no wheel spin, but a chrip when going from 1st to 2nd. in no time, I hit 60mph. This time, Gtech read 6.7sec!!!

I cannot believe my own eyes. I guess LSD using mobil1 synthetic did made a difference because there was absolutely no wheel spin! I am glad that I got an LSD and I am glad that I made a good decision of chaning my LSD oil with mobil1, which protects and increase the performacne of my LSD.

I guess LSD with mobil1 LSD gear oil is the best combination.

6.7sec with automatic is just plain pathetic! I am peeing my pants!

When I was driving back home, I realized that I should have torque brake, but oh well, I am extremely satisfied with my result! 6.7sec from 0-60 in a stock SE auto is just plain unbelievable! I am still very excited!
I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I do recall you saying you have a manual transmission. Now you say you have an automatic, which is it?
Old 07-20-2001, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by maxse01
Already got it in then engine, got some mobil 1 for my tranny sitting in the garage. Sounds like it's time to put it in.
Dont use Mobil 1 for your tranny. It's not the correct fluid, and will cause damage over time. Instead, get some Redline MT90. Even Redline MTL would be better than Mobil 1 synthetic, which is rated as GL-5 oil.
Old 07-20-2001, 11:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not to take anything away from you or your car but Mobil ATF is not going to take a full second off of a 0-60MPH sprint. I could see maybe .1-.2 tenths of a sec difference. G-Tech pro's are very sensitive to bumps and hills, the only way to get a reliable figure is to accelerate on a smooth flat surfice. Maybe you did? In any event it sounds like your having fun.
Old 07-20-2001, 11:20 PM

Does LSD really make that much of a difference in these cars? I can only chirp the tires if I floor it from a stop and spin only shortly if I brake torue to about 2500. It doesn't seem to slow me that much.

BTW, how high do auto brake torque for optimum launch? Cuz the engine doesn't seem to want to go higher than 2500 and the brakes seem like they're barely holding the car.
Old 07-20-2001, 11:48 PM

I really don't think it was the mobil 1 increasing my performance. I just tested out the time after I got the mobil 1 ATF and gear oil in. I realized that the car ran alot smoother with the LSD and transmission oil changed. Also, I had no wheel spin when slamming it in first gear. Despite some torque steer, but there is no spin out whatsoever.

Also, I do notice that the car downshifts alot smoother after the switch. I no longer need to turn off O/D to increase acceleration.
Old 07-20-2001, 11:52 PM

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I do recall you saying you have a manual transmission. Now you say you have an automatic, which is it?
If you can find me the post where I said I had a manual, then you are the man, if you can't, you are a wussy!

BTW, long time no see, my friend! Did you take your grandpa's Maxima GLE out for a spin? Make sure you don't crash it heh!
Old 07-21-2001, 12:04 AM

If you can find me the post where I said I had a manual, then you are the man, if you can't, you are a wussy!

BTW, long time no see, my friend! Did you take your grandpa's Maxima GLE out for a spin? Make sure you don't crash it heh!

I'd be glad to look over your 700post to find where you said that. I do believe it was a thread on LSD on one of your earlier post. Give me time, My connection stinks. Don't even bring my Grandpa into this. If you only knew he was 6 feet under... Your as believable as a theif, "I didn't do it officer." when they caught you red handed. I sure hope you get your TL-S and leave this site for good. 98% will be relieved and most of us don't appreciate 2 faced people.

Then you can have all of your "limited edition" cars, Acura Type R, Acura Legend GS, and Acura TL-S even though you are only 17... hmmm seems suspicious? I think so. I sure hope (sic) you don't get in trouble for viewing Maxima.org at your HIGH SCHOOL or that punk kid at your HIGH SCHOOL with the suburban doesn't harrass you by calling your car slow anymore... Your parents must be wealthy to buy you all of those cars or you must have one hell-of-a job...

P.S. don't ever call me a friend. I don't consider you as one. Compulsive liars aren't anyones friend but themselves. Have another lie to cover this one up? I'd like to hear it. I've had enough with you. Not just because of this post, but for you mentioning my family and bringing it to a personal level.

Go to your TL-S forum. I've been reading over there and they sure LOVE you
Old 07-21-2001, 12:11 AM
RBa

I never knew that 2k Autos came with LSD...
Wait.. They don't... How did you get LSD with your 2k?? I got every option there is for the 2k and I don't have LSD.!!...
Old 07-21-2001, 12:15 AM

http://nissan.ca/eng/cars/maxima/ima.../features1.gif

LSD for Canadian Maxima SE!
Old 07-21-2001, 12:20 AM

man, you think you know alot about me huh?

I am only 17.
Please read my edited post, it gets better. 17!! WOW and already have 3 cars?!?! Do you even think before you write stuff down?
Old 07-21-2001, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

Please read my edited post, it gets better. 17!! WOW and already have 3 cars?!?! Do you even think before you write stuff down?
dude, I never own 3 car myself! I am only 17. I am old enough to live by myself legally. I am not legal to own a car in Canada under age 18. How would I have 3 cars? They are my family cars. I don't own any, but my parents and brothers do. Geee, common sense!
Old 07-21-2001, 12:35 AM

dude, I never own 3 car myself! I am only 17. I am old enough to live by myself legally. I am not legal to own a car in Canada under age 18. How would I have 3 cars? They are my family cars. I don't own any, but my parents and brothers do. Geee, common sense!
You're really not making any sense whatsoever. Now you don't own any of these cars? which is it? Do you have an auto or a manual? Which is it? Why does your mind change its mind ony every post?

"Yeah, I posted a thread for him on the Maxima forum. I told him that he should get the TL-S. Not the Maxima. The Type-S is an awesome car.

If he is really getting a Type-S. maybe he should be one of the moderator on the Type-S forum. He is the nicest guy I know. Unlike some people!

BTW, I own a 2KSE. But I will be on the TL-S bandwagon very soon! " so you now own a 2KSE even though you are under 18?

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showthread.php
s=&threadid=17517

I am now looking through the TL-S forum too quote your supposidly ownership of the Acura Legend, and the IntegR
Old 07-21-2001, 12:40 AM

You really hurt my feelings sometimes! I just took this picture, I hope you can see that our family owns both Legend and maxima SE. But since my bro drove the Type-R out, I can't prove it, but here it is:

Old 07-21-2001, 12:44 AM

since when I switch from auto to manual? I always have an auto and I only tell people I have an auto.

Old 07-21-2001, 12:45 AM

here is a badge of my Legend:

can you now prove me a liar? After all, you are a wussy!
Old 07-21-2001, 01:05 AM
JET Speed Lab

you are a wussy!
you watch a lot of titus dont you..
Old 07-21-2001, 01:15 AM

tite mobil 1 on Legend!!! LOL. ScreamingVQ should be ****ed! I proved him wrong, he is the total loser! ANd yah, only mean people are called wussy and they have no friends because they are mean!
Old 07-21-2001, 04:23 AM

Uh, ok. I hope you got a 6.7 on the auto Maxima, but could you do us a favor and go to the track to prove it a second way? Timeslips are almost indisputable.
Old 07-21-2001, 05:24 AM

Changing engine/trans/diff fluid doesnt seem to make an impact on our cars. I dynoed with the stock engine oil and trans fluid, then changed nothing else but the engine oil to Mobil 1 5W-30 and the trans fluid to Redline.

I didnt see a single hp on the dyno.
Old 07-21-2001, 10:17 AM

Would ne one know the 0-60 for a stock 2001 I30T with sport package? (guessing it same as the SE) By turning the overdrive off, that increases ur 0-60 acceleration? Also, what if u put it in the 1 or 2 gear instead of D? Thanks.
Old 07-21-2001, 10:28 AM

you chirp gear going from first to second??? I know a guy that has automatic 2k1 max SE with auto and aftermarket 16 inch tires, I've been in his car, the 1 to 2 shift wasn't even close to chirping actually it feels slower then my 99.
Old 07-21-2001, 10:28 AM

you chirp gear going from first to second??? I know a guy that has automatic 2k1 max SE with auto and aftermarket 16 inch tires, I've been in his car, the 1 to 2 shift wasn't even close to chirping actually it feels slower then my 99.
Old 07-21-2001, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by Burton069
Would ne one know the 0-60 for a stock 2001 I30T with sport package? (guessing it same as the SE) By turning the overdrive off, that increases ur 0-60 acceleration? Also, what if u put it in the 1 or 2 gear instead of D? Thanks.
About .1 second behind the SE auto, because of increased weight, making it about 7.8-8.2 seconds. OD has NO effect from 0-60, the car is still in second gear at 60. As for 1 or 2? Don't know.
Old 07-21-2001, 10:35 AM
Got Bent?

I don't know about the I30T auto tranny.... but the auto tranny in the 5th gen maxima shifts way before redline. When you race, you should shift manually from 1 -> 2 -> D -> at around 6000 rpm so that the tranny shifts close to redline. But, the I30T tranny may be different in this respect.
Old 07-21-2001, 11:08 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

not to spoil your party or anything, but G-Techs are not the most acurate device to measure your 0-60....but having a LSD will help you get a better 0-60 time for sure..(can you say 'wholeshot'?..i thought so...)

good times tho...that means i'm even faster than 6.7 now? don't get offended, cuz it's very hard to believe that a stock Maxima with automatic tranny can do 0-60 in 6.7 ticks...it would take a good driver to pull the same time slip with a 5spd tranny..that's all....
Old 07-21-2001, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by irvine78
not to spoil your party or anything, but G-Techs are not the most acurate device to measure your 0-60....but having a LSD will help you get a better 0-60 time for sure..(can you say 'wholeshot'?..i thought so...)

good times tho...that means i'm even faster than 6.7 now? don't get offended, cuz it's very hard to believe that a stock Maxima with automatic tranny can do 0-60 in 6.7 ticks...it would take a good driver to pull the same time slip with a 5spd tranny..that's all....
Yes, I guess GTECh pro isn't that accurate after all! But it must be good for before/after modifaction testings.

6.7 seems too fast and even my friend who let me borrow his Gtech said that he got a really fast time from using Gtech.
Old 07-21-2001, 11:22 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yes, I guess GTECh pro isn't that accurate after all! But it must be good for before/after modifaction testings.

6.7 seems too fast and even my friend who let me borrow his Gtech said that he got a really fast time from using Gtech.

i wonder what kind of a time slip i'd get from G-tech...hehe
Old 07-21-2001, 11:49 AM

For UMD_MaxSE

WHen u shift from 1>2>D, is your overdrive on/off or does this not matter? Thanks. Also for for the guy with the 6.7 0-60 time; how did you do that with no wheel slippage? My tires always spin on hard accelerations. Thanks
Old 07-21-2001, 11:49 AM

Not to sound dumb, but what is LSD???
Old 07-21-2001, 11:51 AM

0-60, there is only one shift, from 1st to 2nd. And LSD=Limited Slip Differential, it limits the amount of side to side wheelspin, especially off the line.
Old 07-21-2001, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by irvine78

i wonder what kind of a time slip i'd get from G-tech...hehe
hey seriously, do you have a G-tech? Cna you test your 0-60?
btw, nice rims!
Old 07-21-2001, 12:11 PM

so you get better 0-60 times by shifting from 1>2 in the auto then just by nailing it in drive?
Old 07-21-2001, 12:18 PM

so you get better 0-60 times by shifting from 1>2 in the auto then just by nailing it in drive?
you can reach redline by doing this, but D always shifts at 6300rpm.
Old 07-21-2001, 12:23 PM
PhatGuy

Kids these days....oh well don't sweat it! 17 and own that Maxima...doubt it (maybe you said it was one of your parents but didn't take the time to read all the posts). Live in Canada and have your license already? hmmmmmm if you do have it you must have just got it. Do you have your license? 6.7 in a stock auto max??? Dat funny! I know 2001 models in Canada are stock with LSD but not sure about the 2000 models though.

Old 07-21-2001, 12:28 PM

stock time for 0-60 is 7.8 seconds, but if you add mobil 1 tranny fluid it's 6 seconds flat. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Everyone here spends so much money on mods to gain a few tenths in the 1/4 and all we need is Mobil 1. I might add a FSTB and RSB, but no HP mods. After learning about Mobil 1 I think that is one mod I'll make today.
Old 07-21-2001, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Kids these days....oh well don't sweat it! 17 and own that Maxima...doubt it (maybe you said it was one of your parents but didn't take the time to read all the posts). Live in Canada and have your license already? hmmmmmm if you do have it you must have just got it. Do you have your license? 6.7 in a stock auto max??? Dat funny! I know 2001 models in Canada are stock with LSD but not sure about the 2000 models though.
who said you can't drive without yr lisence below 16? not saying i did it but I know a lot of people who did, so maybe he already have 5 yrs of driving experience

Quick Reply: 0-60mph result! SHOCKING!