5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Does any of you experience gas pedal vibration when accelerating?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2000, 02:28 PM

I've had since day one a vibration in my gas pedal....feels like one of those joy buzzers you put in your hand and shock your buddies

Tim..I know you said you had something like this but either it went away or you don't notice it anymore after you passed 3K...well I'm just about to turn 4K and the "buzz" is alive and well

I think someone attributed it to exhaust but is that right?

I'm asking this as I'm putting together a "laundry list" for my dealer when I bring the car in for the engine mount replacements.

So...does your gas pedal buzz or vibrate when you accelerate or is it silky smooth? I don't want to complain to the dealer about it if it seems to happen to all 2K Max's...I know my folks 95 GXE doesnt buzz like mine does..

Old 10-20-2000, 02:31 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

yeah.. didnt go away really

i just got used to it... I really dont think it was doing it over the summer. Maybe in the colder weather, the exhaust mounts stiffen or something. Generally tho, its only on cool evenings and mornings that I feel it.

[Edited by TimW on 10-20-2000 at 04:33 PM]
Old 10-20-2000, 02:43 PM

I noticed the vibration.

It's a very, very slight one on mine car, feels like a tiny engine vibration is passed on thru the gas pedal. But once i got on the road i'll just forget about it.
Old 12-17-2000, 12:40 PM

Pedal Vibs..

Is the vibration your talking about when your on the gas and between 1,800-2,000rpms and you feel Pedal Vibs? I feel the same thing. But only when the engine is cold and hasn't warmed up to normal operating Temps.

Old 12-17-2000, 06:01 PM
Got Bent?

I feel a slight vibration in the gas pedal. I think it is more noticeable whent the car is cold. It seems to lessen as the engine warms up.
Old 12-17-2000, 10:41 PM

i thought it was just me, but i too feel the vibration in the gas pedal when i'm cruising at a constant speed. I feel it at all temps, but will double check tomorrow.

Sure wish we knew what the problem was, or is this a Nissan feature?
Old 01-12-2001, 08:22 PM

Does anyone

else have any other input into this? Like MaxMus I also feel it at cruising speeds also but sometimes depending on the road surface(Ie fresh pavement) I dont feel it at all....is this really exhaust related or could it be more in the SE's suspension? Perhaps the GXE and GLE don't notice it or amplify it enough?

Any tips or hints would be appreciated...seems like I have a bees hive on my foot sometimes

Weird how different everyones cars are....at least if we owned Chevys we would all feel the same things ast the engine falls out of the car
Old 01-12-2001, 08:30 PM

Re: Does anyone

Originally posted by jnm2kse
else have any other input into this? Like MaxMus I also feel it at cruising speeds also but sometimes depending on the road surface(Ie fresh pavement) I dont feel it at all....is this really exhaust related or could it be more in the SE's suspension? Perhaps the GXE and GLE don't notice it or amplify it enough?

Any tips or hints would be appreciated...seems like I have a bees hive on my foot sometimes

Weird how different everyones cars are....at least if we owned Chevys we would all feel the same things ast the engine falls out of the car
I really think its exhaust related in my car. Between 1,800-2,000 the exhaust sounds the loudest and the buzziest in stock cars. During this RPM, I feel the vibrations only when I accelerate when the engine is cold. I guess the exhaust mounts don't warm up fast enough.
Old 01-13-2001, 01:58 AM
dkla

Why engine mount replacements?

If you don't mind me asking - why are you changing your engine mount? Is this a common problem I am not aware of? Is anyone aware of any other problems, recalls, etc.?

Old 01-13-2001, 02:05 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Does anyone

Originally posted by jnm2kse

trust me...after you put in a Y-pipe, you'll FEEL the vibration! what you're feeling right now is just....hmmm....just a tickle!!!

but it still doesn't annoy me...i just know that my engine is working hard!!!
Old 01-13-2001, 08:03 AM

dkla

do a search under engine mounts and it will provide you the WHOLE story

Too be concise, my engine mounts make a screech noise when you give the engine gas and again when the rpms come down. My original post above was made right before I brought the car in for the 3rd set of mounts. Trust me do the search

irv...no chance on the y pipe here in Massachusetts

I guess my mine question is since my car had so many other probs here and there, was this vibe just unique to my (insert expletive here) Instead of the vibes you get in the steering wheel when you tires are out of balance, it feels like my gas pedal is out of balance.

I read a Motor Trend article about the new Celicas and one of their beefs was that there was excessive "pedal vibration" I assume thats what we are talking about here?

Old 07-22-2002, 09:40 AM

Re: Re: Does anyone

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

I really think its exhaust related in my car. Between 1,800-2,000 the exhaust sounds the loudest and the buzziest in stock cars. During this RPM, I feel the vibrations only when I accelerate when the engine is cold. I guess the exhaust mounts don't warm up fast enough.
I have a 2002 SE and I have the same exact vibration happening on my car. At about 1800 RPM's I get a vibration in the gas pedal and also a little in the steering wheel and it continues until about 2000 RPM's. I was wondering if you ever found out what caused the vibration, and is fo, how did you fix it? Thanks!
Old 07-22-2002, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by MaxMus
i thought it was just me, but i too feel the vibration in the gas pedal when i'm cruising at a constant speed. I feel it at all temps, but will double check tomorrow.

Sure wish we knew what the problem was, or is this a Nissan feature?
I have the same problem with my 2002 SE. Have you found out what is causing this vibration? If you found out what's causing it, how did you fix it? Thanks