5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Reminder to everyone please visit 5thgenmaximas.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 09:17 PM

Well said Jamie. Maybe it's time to lock this thread?
Old 08-09-2001, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by Jambo
I'm just going to jump in here for a second and clear some things up from the "Maxima.org" standpoint. This won't make everyone happy, but I'll give you my honest-to-gosh standpoint here about this *particular* thread:

1. Russ' post about his site in this particular situation was perfectly fine. Just as with clubmaxima.com, maximadriver.com and others, I have no problem with people publicizing sites that support and further the Maxima's recognition. If Russ wants to start a site that gives 5th geners a place to go that makes them feel more comfortable than here, that's perfectly fine -- it's just another alternative to Maxima.org's 5th Generation Forum.

2. Yes, I'd say that Bill's post here was harsh. Bill's a good friend of mine that I trust, however, that's not to say that our personalities match 100%. Russ didn't deserve what Bill dished out in this particular case; this was a case of frustration built up over time.

3. Mustang1999's comment about moderators being able to point out stupidity isn't something that I want us to get in the habit of doing expressly. Yes, they may point out the obvious sometimes, but the job of a moderator is to help maintain focus and direction in a forum, not to control it. Think of the job as a dog that herds sheep (yes, I'm calling all of you sheep -- deal with it. ); the idea is to keep the sheep together and moving in the same direction, not to kill them all off so that the only thing left in the pasture is the sheepdog. Its a gentle nudge one way or the other, not to opress people from talking.

I think we all (and yes, me included) need to do a better job of restraint in the face of difference of opinion and the tolerance of depth and breadth of knowledge of others. Remember, the same thing drew us all here and it's the same thing that should continue to bring us back here -- the appreciation and love for Maximas.
*applause* Well said.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:21 PM

Why does Bill follow Russ around? Especially into the 5th gen forum.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by Mustang1999

Hey YJ!! Did you not see my post in the Texas Forum, I was saying that if you need to get in touch with Shing on the weekends, you can call my cell phone if you can't get his cuz we are usually together.

I'm just getting ready for school.. How's things up in Plano?? You still in Plano or are you back at school?

Everything is cool.
I didn't see that post.
I called shing to tell him about a muffler shop in Plano that does awsome work.

Plano is fine. New g/f and my life is so much better ever since I've gotten back from Yucatan. Plenty of new mods are on the way.
Hope to see you and Shing soon
take care
Old 08-09-2001, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by Paul2kGXE
I wanna know why, too!
Old 08-09-2001, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

I wanna know why, too!
me too.
Maybe Bill hates Russ too much.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:43 PM

3. Mustang1999's comment about moderators being able to point out stupidity isn't something that I want us to get in the habit of doing expressly. Yes, they may point out the obvious sometimes, but the job of a moderator is to help maintain focus and direction in a forum, not to control it. Think of the job as a dog that herds sheep (yes, I'm calling all of you sheep -- deal with it. ); the idea is to keep the sheep together and moving in the same direction, not to kill them all off so that the only thing left in the pasture is the sheepdog. Its a gentle nudge one way or the other, not to opress people from talking.
Sorry Jamie, I didn't mean that they need to do it all the time, just some times when necessary..
Old 08-09-2001, 10:58 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

... 2 more days.....
Old 08-10-2001, 04:37 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by littledog
I don't think there's anything stupid by telling others that there is a site that's dedicated to the 5th generation maxima.

1) Find where I stated it was stupid.
2) To clarify, my opinion of it is that it is spamming.
3) I DO NOT MODERATE THIS FORUM. I wonder if people will ever understand that. I'm seriously doubting it at this point.

There is a history here that you are not aware of nor is it easy to understand. Heck, I don't fully comprehend it.

In general, Russ does not like me (or anyone else) criticizing his actions. I only state opinions, not necessarily facts, and I'm apparently an awful person to do so. Meanwhile, Russ can state facts and his attitude seems to be that everyone should bend over and accept it. I think that's a double standard, and one he has already employed in the OT section of one of my first posts in 5thgenmaximas.com.
Old 08-10-2001, 05:08 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by Paul2kGXE

I don't follow Russ around. If I did, I would respond to every single post he makes around here, including the General forum. A simple forum search would either prove/disprove your assertion, but that requires effort.

After the following posts regarding:

1) 235 and up width tires fit on 17" x 7" rims no problem. Wheel manufacturers are stupid, etc.

and

2) Bill is an idiot regarding breaking in brakes; Axxis Deluxe Plus (organic) pads are wonderful; Bill thinks Don and Loren are stupid, etc.

These are only 2 recent examples. The rest of them slip the brain at the moment.

It is difficult to not rip Russ a new one with every post he makes. He has either lied about my assertions in various posts or has told me I'm wrong only to recant a few days later. And it hasn't been a couple of isolated incidents.

Basically, he has seriously eroded my trust and respect for what he HAS done for Maximas, which is substantial in its own right. He seems to need to constantly prove himself to me and others. There's no need for him to do this. What he has accomplished should stand on its own merit. It's not something I or anyone else can take away.

Jamie and I do not see eye to eye on several matters as our approaches to things are different. I am much more openly aggressive, while he is silently and indirectly aggressive. But when the boss speaks, I listen and I don't complain about being repressed, etc. However, I stand behind my opinions and freely admit they were harsh. When I am nice to Russ, it seems to be taken as a put down rather than a compliment for some reason I can't fathom.

Russ seems obsessed with getting credit for every single thing he does, when he ought to devote that energy to more productive things. He seems to think I don't recognize his accomplishments, which is not true. I am fully aware of them, I just don't go around yelling "Hip-hip-hooray" whenever Russ does something. I don't ask to be recognized for any contributions I make, which are few in the grand scheme of things. All I ask is for people to take the time and read what's on a forum so that their questions/topics won't be boring.

I'm extending an olive branch by advertising for his site. What he chooses to do or say in response is up to him.
Old 08-10-2001, 05:33 AM
RussMaxManiac

Very excellent post Jamie. Thank you again for doing it, as well as running .org!

I'm just going to jump in here for a second and clear some things up from the "Maxima.org" standpoint. This won't make everyone happy, but I'll give you my honest-to-gosh standpoint here about this *particular* thread:

1. Russ' post about his site in this particular situation was perfectly fine. Just as with clubmaxima.com, maximadriver.com and others, I have no problem with people publicizing sites that support and further the Maxima's recognition. If Russ wants to start a site that gives 5th geners a place to go that makes them feel more comfortable than here, that's perfectly fine -- it's just another alternative to Maxima.org's 5th Generation Forum.

2. Yes, I'd say that Bill's post here was harsh. Bill's a good friend of mine that I trust, however, that's not to say that our personalities match 100%. Russ didn't deserve what Bill dished out in this particular case; this was a case of frustration built up over time.

I think we all (and yes, me included) need to do a better job of restraint in the face of difference of opinion and the tolerance of depth and breadth of knowledge of others. Remember, the same thing drew us all here and it's the same thing that should continue to bring us back here -- the appreciation and love for Maximas.

Old 08-10-2001, 06:04 AM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Very excellent post Jamie. Thank you again for doing it, as well as running .org!

Hey Russ did you ever get the name of the Sunshade from your car?
Old 08-10-2001, 06:25 AM

Originally posted by Ludacris

I believe it was Russ who said somewhere on an earlier thread that he got his sunshade from his 4th generation maxima and it works fine on this one...
Old 08-10-2001, 06:29 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Hi guys!
Old 08-10-2001, 06:34 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Hi guys!
Hi Kevin!
Old 08-10-2001, 06:34 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Sunshade.

Originally posted by Ludacris

I got a great one someone told me at this site. Its by heatshield (can't remember the URL) but the phone is

1-800-777-6405 and they are WELL worth it. I have one for the front and back and it stays in the window like is supposed to w/o any hassle. It takes about 30 sec to put in and out of both. Since thats how long the manual says to allow the car to "warm" up, it a perfect situation!
Old 08-10-2001, 06:35 AM

Re: Sunshade.

Originally posted by Colonel

I got a great one someone told me at this site. Its by heatshield (can't remember the URL) but the phone is

1-800-777-6405 and they are WELL worth it. I have one for the front and back and it stays in the window like is supposed to w/o any hassle. It takes about 30 sec to put in and out of both. Since thats how long the manual says to allow the car to "warm" up, it a perfect situation!
Just to save me the hassle of calling do u have a rough estimate of the price?
Old 08-10-2001, 06:52 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Re: Re: Sunshade.

Originally posted by AdamK

Just to save me the hassle of calling do u have a rough estimate of the price?
If you get more than 1, its $25 a piece. If you get just 1 its $30. Shipping was like $6 from the west coast to Cincy.

This thing FITS the window. No accordian crap. Its made to fit the window curves and everything. I look at the local stuff and it was running 15-20 bucks just for the "fits all" types. Well worth the money IMHO.

Old 08-10-2001, 05:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Sunshade.

If you get more than 1, its $25 a piece. If you get just 1 its $30. Shipping was like $6 from the west coast to Cincy.

This thing FITS the window. No accordian crap. Its made to fit the window curves and everything. I look at the local stuff and it was running 15-20 bucks just for the "fits all" types. Well worth the money IMHO.

Thanks dude looks like I'm getting another "performance" mod
Old 08-10-2001, 09:20 PM

Originally posted by bill99gxe
Originally posted by littledog

1) Find where I stated it was stupid.
[/B]
Find where I stated that it was YOU that said it's stupid. As a matter of fact, you did not state it was stupid. Mustang1999 implied that you think that the original post by Russ was stupid so you responded. I think there's a misunderstanding between you and Mustang1999.
Old 08-10-2001, 10:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Sunshade.

Hey do you have any pix of it? It's not made out of that tinfoil right? cause ours falls apart every year and I'm sorta sick of the material flaking off.