5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My Decision on what to do with my Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 02:33 PM

As many of you know I previously stated interest in selling/parting out my car. I've made some decisions and am now going to see what the options for me are. Anyways, my main reason for doing this is actually the fact that I think I'm moving to a different step in my life. One focused more on business, and less on cars and stuff. I love my Maxima, but driving clients in it is sometimes embarrassing due to it's loudness, rough ride, and inability to access certain areas due to its height. I'm going to do one of the following soon:

-Part the Maxima out and keep it as a stock loaded 5spd
-Find someone to straight up trade my mod'd Maxima for a loaded SE or I30(t) of newer model year and less mileages
-Find someone to trade my mod'd maxima for a similarly equipped stock maxima or I30 and have them give me some cash for the mods.

Currently I really don't want another car other than the maxima/i30 line, but I am open to other offerings. However, at this point I'm focussing my financial energy on business and not on the car so I really don't want to spend more money being that my first option would warrant me money after the car has been part'd out. There are no cars for less money that come close to the maxima/i30.

If you are interested in trading, or know someone that is (it's not really trading due to used car tax, but basically I sell you mine, you sell me yours) please let me know.

Please do not post, "I got first dibs on the exhaust if you part out." or anything like that because they just flood the post. I will post at a later date what I'm offering if that's the choice I make.

-BrianV
Old 08-11-2001, 02:40 PM

Well, you've got some tough decisions and I wish you the best of luck. I think you might be wise to look into the 2k1 and 2k2 max and i30's for a new car however, they are perfect for a businessman. Stock they are silky smooth and utterly quiet with lots of room and good looks. You won't find anything on the market similar brand new for as cheap as they are too. Plus, everyone knows they're very nice cars and identify well as luxury sedans to most people. Trust me, i spend enough time telling people its a sports car, not an old fogey car...
Old 08-11-2001, 02:43 PM

Yeah IronLord great suggesstions, but honestly I cannot afford a new one at this point. Currently I'd just love to get myself into a 2000-2001 used I30t, but it's not going to happen because I'm not willing to spend any additional money at this point (except maybe to cover used car tax). However, realisitcally I may be able to find a 98-99 I30(t) for less than I could sell and part the maxima for. However, the 2000+ costs significantly more than the 98-99. Hopefully the I35 will bring the market value of the I30 down, but it's too early to tell.
Old 08-11-2001, 11:26 PM

Ahhh, that's a shame..your car's soooo sweet!
Old 08-11-2001, 11:38 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

The suggestion you made in the General Forum is probably the best choice.