5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Max in the Smokies!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 09:55 PM

Hey...anyone out there near the Smokey Mountain Nat'l Park...you gotta drive your Max on the twisty, curvy roads leading through the park. It is a blast.

We're vacationing in Gatlinburg and went into the park today. A Mustang was having trouble keeping up with me. If the car handles this well unmodded...can't wait to get my FSTB and RSB installed...will have to make a return trip just to check 'em out.

Anyway...on the way to Biltmore Estate via the Blue Ridge Parkway tomorrow. Should be even more fun.

Only bad thing about this trip...my Max has suffered a really nasty door ding from a rock, I belive. Lifted paint and left a dimple. Also, some idiots in an SUV parked beside me and when returned to the car, because their doors are so high, they left dings on the other side of my car. I am beginning to loathe SUV's!!! the rub-strips are of no use against an SUV door.

So, will have to turn my Max over to the dent doctor when I return home to get her fixed.

That's It.
Old 08-11-2001, 10:39 PM

I always enjoy the Blue Ridge Parkway if, for no other reason, the scenery. I hope those stock brake pads don't get too overworked on those decents....
Old 08-12-2001, 11:50 AM

I've tried that on my way to North Cakalaka! Are you from Tenny? i have to admit it was the bomb!

Originally posted by mdeal
I always enjoy the Blue Ridge Parkway if, for no other reason, the scenery. I hope those stock brake pads don't get too overworked on those decents....
Old 08-12-2001, 12:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I think I saw you out and around there. I went to the Biltmore last Sunday through Tuesday and then on to the Smokies. I a couple of other maxima's out there but they weren't anything special. It was a gorgeous area in the smokies but the rain was a bit excessive.

I had some fun with my gps though and had all my routes planned. From the Biltmore I took the Blue Ridge Parkway and had a lot of fun.

Enjoy the mountains.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:30 PM

Originally posted by Silvr2k1
I think I saw you out and around there. I went to the Biltmore last Sunday through Tuesday and then on to the Smokies. I a couple of other maxima's out there but they weren't anything special. It was a gorgeous area in the smokies but the rain was a bit excessive.

I had some fun with my gps though and had all my routes planned. From the Biltmore I took the Blue Ridge Parkway and had a lot of fun.

Enjoy the mountains.

Sorry for bringing up an old post(moved and won't have Internet for another month).

I was up in the smokies that weekend too.
My friend brought his prelude up, and we drove on the parkway to see how good our cars would handle.
He got so frustrated cause he couldn't out corner me.
He has front and rear sway bars and front and rear STB.

I love this car