5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

YES! I got rid of my Maxima! Goodbyes, and a few other things...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 10:28 PM

Welp, made a deal with my pops... and the Maxima is off my back. Went to go check out a 99 Civic Si... loved the gearbox and the throw (makes the Maxima's stock shifter seem truck like)...handling was much crisper but, the lack of torque in the Si is so hideous, it's laughable.
I didn't get it... after thinking about it...

So, I went to see my pops. He has a 94 Civic DX, 2dr, 46K, automatic. Prestine. He was looking at trading his civic for a new car within the next 6-8 months. So, I made him a deal...

We trade cars, I get his Civic DX-tra power, he gets my Maxima. He also pays me $250/mo for a few years to cover the difference.

My car payments for my Max was $450/mo. $150/mo for insurance, $100/mo for gas. Total cost to run the Max: $650

Civic will cost me $200/mo. $70/mo insurance, $40/mo for gas. Total Cost: $310. I'm saving myself $340 a month. I'm gonna love the extra money.

I still don't know why i ever got the Maxima in the first place. I have no family... I'm not a big guy. The car is more fitting for a middle-aged man with family, I'm 21 and single. I need a two door, sportier car. I'll miss the Maxima's power, but alas...I need to rid myself of some debts and save on a future new car (perhaps 350z? or whatever might pop up in the future). I also need some new parts for my CRX, new street tires, a rollcage, new paintjob, etc. and driving the Maxima isn't gonna help me get those.

I won't miss the extra space... i don't use it. But, I do have several parts to lob off on folks... If you interested, email me privately. I MUCH rather sell it to someone in Vegas or sell it to someone who's visiting vegas who can take it back with them (i HATE shipping crap). Buyer pays shipping. Everything is negotiable.

- Stillen Y-Pipe ... $150. Used for 10months. No curb damage. Still have the Stillen stickers!!

- Rear clear markers ... $10. Used for 6months. Perfect. Will ship bulbs with them.

- Eibach Springs ... $150. Used for a year. Still have the eibach box!

- AE Shift **** ... $40. (i may keep it and use it on another vehicle in the future, that's why it's priced that high)

- AE Door Sills ... $40. set. Dark interior

- Stillen Rear Sway Bar ... $150. Stillen sticker on bar, otherwise, perfect.

It was a great year. Best wishes to all of you. If any of you are in Vegas, be sure to drop me an email... I'm a fanatical racer out in these parts.
Old 08-17-2001, 10:33 PM

Originally posted by SCCA Solo2
Welp, made a deal with my pops... and the Maxima is off my back. Went to go check out a 99 Civic Si... loved the gearbox and the throw (makes the Maxima's stock shifter seem truck like)...handling was much crisper but, the lack of torque in the Si is so hideous, it's laughable.

So, I went to see my pops. He has a 94 Civic DX, 2dr, 46K, automatic. Prestine. He was looking at trading his civic for a new car within the next 6-8 months. So, I made him a deal...

We trade cars, I get his Civic DX-tra power, he gets my Maxima. He also pays me $250/mo for a few years to cover the difference.

My car payments for my Max was $450/mo. $150/mo for insurance, $100/mo for gas. Total cost to run the Max: $650

Civic will cost me $200/mo. $70/mo insurance, $40/mo for gas. Total Cost: $310. I'm saving myself $340 a month. I'm gonna love the extra money.

I still don't know why i ever got the Maxima in the first place. I have no family... I'm not a big guy. The car is more fitting for a middle-aged man with family, I'm 21 and single. I need a two door, sportier car. I'll miss the Maxima's power, but alas...I need to rid myself of some debts and save on a future new car (perhaps 350z? or whatever might pop up in the future). I also need some new parts for my CRX, new street tires, a rollcage, new paintjob, etc. and driving the Maxima isn't gonna help me get those.

I won't miss the extra space... i don't use it. But, I do have several parts to lob off on folks... If you interested, email me privately. I MUCH rather sell it to someone in Vegas or sell it to someone who's visiting vegas who can take it back with them (i HATE shipping crap). Buyer pays shipping. Everything is negotiable.

- Stillen Y-Pipe ... $150. Used for 10months. No curb damage. Still have the Stillen stickers!!

- Rear clear markers ... $10. Used for 6months. Perfect. Will ship bulbs with them.

- AE Shift **** ... $40. (i may keep it and use it on another vehicle in the future, that's why it's priced that high)

It was a great year. Best wishes to all of you. If any of you are in Vegas, be sure to drop me an email... I'm a fanatical racer out in these parts.
awww.. i always liked your max.
Old 08-17-2001, 10:39 PM

I have a '93 Civic DX 4-Door automatic, and it still runs good even as it approaches 250,000 miles. I hope yours will give you as much commuter-car pleasure as mine has.

I just recently moved to Vegas from San Francisco. I'd love to get that Stillen rear sway bar from you, but my money will be tight for a while since I just got a house in Vegas with my girlfriend and we are trying to budget ourselves for a while. Dang!
Old 08-17-2001, 11:32 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Have fun with the Civic and don't forget to stop by once in a while.
Old 08-18-2001, 01:31 AM

aw, no, no...

how can you betray the maxima?

well, i see your point. I got the maxima because I'm 6'1" 190lbs. So a civic is like a clown car on me. I also have lots of friends to drive around.

but good luck with your newfound cash...
Old 08-18-2001, 03:44 AM

Your y-pipe

Hi,

I messaged you about your y-pipe, hopefully you got it. The email function didn't seem to work. If you get the msg or read this, I'm interested in buying the y-pipe. Email me at jinnoh@yahoo.com .

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2001, 05:41 AM
Got Bent?

Well, it's sad to see a maxima guy go, but have a good time and stop by once in a while
Old 08-18-2001, 07:17 AM

Yea.... it IS sad to see a Maxima guy go. Best of luck though with your new car! Please do stop bye for a visit and dont forget us! Good Luck!
Old 08-18-2001, 07:21 AM

Interested in your rear clears just email me ur address and ill send u the moola at....Dario@satx.rr.com...and have fun with the honda hope u enjoyed the ride...
Old 08-18-2001, 09:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That Civic is a great foundation for performance, the aftermarket is outstanding! What you need to do now is rip out that motor and put in a B16 VTEC with a 5 speed.

www.honda-acura.net

www.purehonda.com

Have fun!

Mark
Old 08-18-2001, 09:29 AM

Good luck man. Have fun with your HUH HMMM Civic.
Old 08-18-2001, 09:54 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

I'll take the Sway bar...PM me. I give you address details.
Old 08-18-2001, 11:25 AM

Too bad... it's sad to see the one's who contribute a lot to the forum leave the fold. Good luck with the SI. Sounds like a fun car.
Old 08-18-2001, 03:38 PM

Thanks for all the kind words everyone...

just to reliterate....

I'm gonna hate the civic But, in the sake of saving me money and paying off debts... I've got to bite the bullet for some time. Thankfully, the Maxima will still be available for me to flog once and awhile.

I'm leaving the civic stock. I'm gonna add tint and maybe a set of rims with better tires, aside that... bone stock. People don't steal bone stock civic DXs (hopefully)...

If you want any parts, please email me. the RSB and Y-pipe have been called for. PLEASE, I HATE HATE HATE shipping stuff... i've had the worst luck with the mail service...if there's ANY possibility you can come to Vegas and pick the parts up... excellent! if there's not... i guess i'll ship everything.
Old 08-18-2001, 04:37 PM

Dude sorry to hear that your going I am very interested in your tail lights, and your ae shift ****. Of its automagic!! drop me an e-mail if you haven't sold them. DieselFX82@hotmail.com
Old 08-18-2001, 04:50 PM

aww too bad I'm 16 with a g.f. so I guess the car is totally right for me I emailed you about the side markers...
Old 08-18-2001, 06:48 PM
JET Speed Lab

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Have fun with the Civic and don't forget to stop by once in a while.
i like that smilie...
Old 08-18-2001, 09:41 PM

SCCA, I wish you would have replied to your post yesterday about the y pipe = poop because I called that y pipe first! I would actually buy both the springs and the pipe from you. Not to mention that I will be coming up to Vegas in about 2 weeks and I would just pick the stuff up!!

Let me know if something does not pan out.
Old 08-19-2001, 01:28 AM

Check your PM and e-mail
Old 08-19-2001, 12:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

are you selling your SE tail lights?
Old 08-19-2001, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by irvine78

are you selling your SE tail lights?
undecided. I tested the red paint on one of the stock GXE taillamps (to create a full red circle)...

The SE taillamps have the complete red circle. I'm not sure if I want to take the lamps out and reinstall the other lamps. If i do, i'll post them up for sale (probably $125-$150)