5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Help before applying Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 05:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Got my Zaino order last night. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to apply it.

I was washing the car last night and I got a better look at some marks that have been bothering me on the hood. They look like they are adhesive that's left over from the protective sheets that they put on the cars for transport.

Two questions:

1. Are these marks prime candidates for clay bar removal, or should I just use the 3m adhesive remover that I already have?

2. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Zaino, but I didn't get the clay bar. If I should use a clay bar to remove those marks, am I safe to assume that a clay bar is a clay bar? Can I get a Meguiars or Mothers clay bar kit and it will work just the same?

Ok, 3 questions:

3. Should I say "clay bar" one more time?
Old 08-21-2001, 05:37 AM

Originally posted by mikhu
Got my Zaino order last night. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to apply it.

I was washing the car last night and I got a better look at some marks that have been bothering me on the hood. They look like they are adhesive that's left over from the protective sheets that they put on the cars for transport.

Two questions:

1. Are these marks prime candidates for clay bar removal, or should I just use the 3m adhesive remover that I already have?

2. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Zaino, but I didn't get the clay bar. If I should use a clay bar to remove those marks, am I safe to assume that a clay bar is a clay bar? Can I get a Meguiars or Mothers clay bar kit and it will work just the same?

Ok, 3 questions:

3. Should I say "clay bar" one more time?
The adhesive is prime for the clay bar. The clay bar should take it right off. I am glad that you will be using a clay bar, it really adds to the full Zaino treatment. Any clay bar will do, it doesn't have to be a Zaino clay bar, or anything. A clay bar is a clay bar is a clay bar.

If you could say clay bar one more time, that would be great.

out.