5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Automatic links to pictures...BigDogJonx

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 07:10 AM
jjs

Can't we stop having people like BigDogJonx stop screwing around with the forum by rerouting to a picture of his car in every thread he has posted to? Bad enough the .org server is slow more often than not, but having to refresh or go back a frame and refresh is a pain in the ***. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing signature pics which is why I have not chaged my settings, but this is ridiculous.
Old 08-21-2001, 09:39 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by jjs
Can't we stop having people like BigDogJonx stop screwing around with the forum by rerouting to a picture of his car in every thread he has posted to? Bad enough the .org server is slow more often than not, but having to refresh or go back a frame and refresh is a pain in the ***. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing signature pics which is why I have not chaged my settings, but this is ridiculous.
I wonder how much faster the server would be without storing everyones signitures, especially on older posts. If it will make the server faster, everyone should have a text mod list with a link to any pictures. We need to do something to help speed up the server!! I don't even bother trying to join the .org during busy times and do most of my posting at work(T1 connection, but NOT a good idea) and late at night. Otherwise, we need to MOVE over to Russ' site at www.5thgenmaxima.com. Maybe he can handle the traffic better than the .org with ALL gens.

Kev, Do you know why the server is so overloaded? Is it bandwidth, traffic, or low resources????
Old 08-21-2001, 11:16 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Kev, Do you know why the server is so overloaded? Is it bandwidth, traffic, or low resources????
Check out the feedback forum. Jambo has discussed this in detail.
Old 08-21-2001, 03:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by jjs
Whoa Whoa Whoa now!

How the @#%$ you gonna sit there and blame me on this? Um sure aint like NO ONE ELSE is having their pictures in their Sig right? No like Y2KEVSE or anyone else right?

My sig picture is fast and dont believe it ever slows down the server, I mean the whole thread still comes up, just that the picture does not show up if the server/connection speed is slow.

Dixit
Old 08-21-2001, 06:10 PM
Got Bent?

I never got rerouted anywhere the sif gpic has always shown up as broken in BigDog's pic for me....
Old 08-21-2001, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
I never got rerouted anywhere the sif gpic has always shown up as broken in BigDog's pic for me....
BigDogs pic always shows up as an X...Never seen his sig pic before
Old 08-21-2001, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
SOB, the freagin link works when I put the URL in the browser but it only seems to come up "sometimes" in the threads. So I have fixed it now.

Sorry about flamming but still aint nothing wrong with Sig Pics, I think the server is slow because they are running it on a crappy web hosting service.

Dixit
Old 08-21-2001, 09:29 PM

All of the server performance issues are directly related to BigDogJonx. Yep, it's all his fault. Let's do a poll and find out the truth!
Old 08-21-2001, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by mdeal
All of the server performance issues are directly related to BigDogJonx. Yep, it's all his fault. Let's do a poll and find out the truth!
Yeap blame my punk A$$.

Dixit