5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Something I noticed at the dealer (Fuel Cut)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 12:26 PM

I went today to the service dpt. to see if I could get the Fuel Cut TSB done. Of course they have never heard of it so I had to spill the beans on how I heard of it. I told him about the TSB so I wouldn't have to sit there all day while they tried to figure out what is wrong. He then told me after looking at the TSB that they were going to have to order a part for it. Is this right? I thought they could just reprogram the ECM with one of the machines they had there. Well anyways......he told me that they have never done it....so I gave up trying to get it done today. From what I heard from others that have had this done that it is a pretty quick proceedure. I think I am going to try to find a dealer that has done this proceedure before.

While I waiting for the manager to find the TSB I was looking over the new Maxima and the Altima. I do not like the altima at all after going and seeing it for myself. It looks like a Ford Focus from the front...and a ugly Monte from the back!!! It also looks like there is no way to put a aftermarket head unit into that Altima without doing a redneck install.

They had a black, and a majestic blue 02 Maxima there that was making me drool. Looking inside I noticed they have changed the leather....it looks a little loose now ...but it looks like the area under the thighs is adjustable. Then on the sticker I saw "Heated Steering Wheel" I wonder how they did that? The wiper and the turn signal levers are now little stubby levers....and the cup holder has a cool button on it that works pretty trick.....until the first time you spill some cola on it. The inside door openers look sweet!! I need to get me some! My dealer told me that they should have some six speeds by the end of the month....we will see about that!!!

Sorry about the long post....
Old 09-05-2001, 01:37 PM

That's crap

...There is no part to fix. They just have to reprogram the ECU to fix the problem.