5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

PLEASE don't go out and buy gas by the gallons...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 09:17 AM

Who ever fueled this imbecilic rumour needs to be shot. The reason why prices are jumping is cause Idiot A tells Idiot's B-F to go out and buy gas cause the Middle East is gonna get bombed, causing a shortage in oil. Therefore causing gas prices to skyrocket.

So, Idiots A-F decide to buy HUNDREDS of gallons of gas!

The actual shortage of gas is being caused by those morons who convey such inaccuracies to others. The bumper sticker about fearing large groups of stupid people is pretty true in this instance.

There is no gas shortage if you buy gas normally (fill your car up, drive it around, fill it up when it gets empty). Yes, some parts of the country are seeing $4/gallon+ prices, but, be somewhat logical about the situation and the high gas prices will be sporatic...follow some of the other members's advice and it's a guarantee prices will skyrocket.

/rant about those who fuel drama and hysteria
Old 09-12-2001, 09:37 AM

Dude, I went to the gas station last night, because I just got back from my 1000 mile trip to 'Frisco... so I actually needed gas. My dad came along claiming he "just saw a gas station with $5 /gal"

I was like WHOA YOU REALLY SAW THAT?!
and he said "no, just heard it on the radio." .....

So he ends up getting 6 gallons for his porsche... and he calls all of his friends on his cell phone.... jesus christ!!!!! that gas station was so friggin crowded... well at least people won't need gas for the next week or so.

But seriously, I don't think bush will allow gas prices to go much above 2.50... He *does* have some level of control over this market.
Old 09-12-2001, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by melanthius
But seriously, I don't think bush will allow gas prices to go much above 2.50... He *does* have some level of control over this market.
No, he doesn't. He can condemn it but federal goverment cannot (and should not) interfere with free enterprise at the local level. Most of the major oil companies (except Conoco) have frozen wholesale gas prices in an effort to curb the price gouging. But since they don't own the gas stations, they have little influence over how much the consumer ultimately is charged.

Give it a few days. Prices will come back down.
Old 09-12-2001, 09:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i don't c a reason why gas prices r going up except people r getting greedy & taking advantage of the miserable situation ... those people r ruthless ...

pump prices @ linked 2 NYH (New York Harbour) rack prices which r determined by futures prices ... since the markets closed soon after the tragedy & no 1 in the fin'l markets expects an invasion on the arab oil countries ... should b no worries ...

then again .. i could b talking outta my as$ which has happened ... on more than a few occasions ...

n e ways ... gas prices here in Toronto went down yesterday .. but jumped about 5 cents a litre
Old 09-12-2001, 10:20 PM

damn yesterday

the gas station was so crowed... waited 15 min to get a spot... and then realized that their credit card thing doesn't work(on the pump) so had go inside and leave my credit card there(which takes another 10 min, cuz there is a huge line) then another 10 min after pumping the gas just to pay... : (
Old 09-13-2001, 06:13 AM
Zam

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SCCA Solo2
[B]Who ever fueled this imbecilic rumour

Are you British? I thought those theater classes taught you how to spell in Ahmerikhan.

So why'd you call me and tell me to immediately run to the gas station and fill her up?

Geez.

Oh yeah, how's dad's Max doing?

Zam
Old 09-13-2001, 02:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by melanthius

who??? oh...you mean the idiot?
Old 09-13-2001, 04:08 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Well, to help out, from now on, I'm buying my gas by the quart. I bought 36 quarts yesterday...because my tank was empty...
Old 09-13-2001, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by irvine78

who??? oh...you mean the idiot?
someone doesnt liek bush..
Old 09-13-2001, 08:09 PM
Zam

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

someone doesnt liek bush..
Hey whats wrong with Bush? Thanks to him, we (the USAF) will be getting an 8% pay raise in 2002. Now I'll be making $7 an hour. Whoo hoo.

Zam

**Yes I realize that it isn't really because of him, but the best that Clinton could do was 6.4% in 8 years. Maybe my younger troops can get off of food stamps.