5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

TSB (Brakes) concerns on Modded car and other questions...pls help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2000, 07:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima SE 5spd and it has the annoying brake grown when I stop every once and awhile (especially long hard stops). I know the TSB # is NTB00016, but my concern is that my car is modded: Stillen Hi-flow intake, Stillen y-pipe, custom 2.5" cat-back expanded to 3" Apexi RS muffler, and Eibach progressive springs for mods. Would the Nissan dealer give me a rough time on the TSB if I show up with all these mods on my car just to fix my brakes? If so, what could I do? Also, for those who got their rotors replaced, are these rotors redesigned or are they the same design as the ones that was pulled off? If they are the same, wouldn't the problem come back again? Sorry for the long post, and thx.
Old 10-28-2000, 07:44 PM

you shoulnd' thave a problem getting the rotors fixed. but if you do say "prove to me with evidence that lowering the car will effect the brakes. i know kev had some problems cuz he lowered his car. but i shouldn't effect nething other than suspension. but keep in mind the dealer is gonna see your mods, so the next time u go back with lets say an exhaust related mod, or motor, they'll say.. you messed with the back pressure blah blah blah.
Old 10-28-2000, 10:26 PM

Knowledge is power...

You need to have your guns loaded and ready when you go to the dealer.. because they will try to get away with murder if they think they can bull**** you with the "your car has been modified... so it's not warrantied"... Bull****... the only time that they should not warranty a repair is when the problem was directly caused by the modification... like if you lower you car and you shocks go out... then you are assed out... but if you have a genuine problem.. specially if there is a bulletin on it, they have to repair it... there is a # and an address in the back of your warranty section in your manual, call them and they will tell you the same... Those guy's jobs is to keep the dealers Honest... if you want help e-mail me. I'll be glad to help.