5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

A civic whoooped my *** :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 04:59 PM

A civic whoooped my *** :(

I know I shouldn't be proud of this but I went to my shop about 30 min away from here and I was going onto the highway and it's like the upside down carrot thingy where two lanes go and then it merges togeather. Well didn't really see what he had, but it was pretty souped up, I know it was a newer SI possibly 99 or 00 with tinted altezza's, had rims, was lowered, tints, didn't see what he had inside and he f-----n beat me off the start! I was like WTF! Seriously did this guy have an SC or what! I'll take back all the nasty **** I said about civic's. By about 60 I was in 3rd and he had me by a good 1 - 2 car lengths, i was like WTF! I backed off when we got on the highway in shame...
Old 09-24-2001, 05:08 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: A civic whoooped my *** :(

Originally posted by AdamK
I know I shouldn't be proud of this but I went to my shop about 30 min away from here and I was going onto the highway and it's like the upside down carrot thingy where two lanes go and then it merges togeather. Well didn't really see what he had, but it was pretty souped up, I know it was a newer SI possibly 99 or 00 with tinted altezza's, had rims, was lowered, tints, didn't see what he had inside and he f-----n beat me off the start! I was like WTF! Seriously did this guy have an SC or what! I'll take back all the nasty **** I said about civic's. By about 60 I was in 3rd and he had me by a good 1 - 2 car lengths, i was like WTF! I backed off when we got on the highway in shame...
You name it he could have had it.

There are TONS of performance mods for Honduhs from Turbos/SCs/NOS to full engine swaps. It's just a matter of how much money they have to throw away.
Old 09-24-2001, 05:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

must have had alot of ****....
Old 09-24-2001, 05:25 PM

btw Ice your 02 lights look mighty nice just out of curiousity did you take your center caps off for a racing look or for another reason(in your pic)?

back to the civic story....it's just not FAIR I embaressed the maxima community, damn honduh's I shall never race again!!!
Old 09-24-2001, 05:31 PM

dont worry dude, i know quite a lot of poeple who own civics and do engine swaps, sum of these civics we stock max's esp auto have no chance against. u just happened to run into one of those civics. dont think u ashamed the max community... everyone has probably lost a race here and there . i know i have. dont worry its all good yo
Old 09-24-2001, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by speedracer
dont worry dude, i know quite a lot of poeple who own civics and do engine swaps, sum of these civics we stock max's esp auto have no chance against. u just happened to run into one of those civics. dont think u ashamed the max community... everyone has probably lost a race here and there . i know i have. dont worry its all good yo
i appreciate all your sympathies but this is race #2 for me and it was a civic!!!
Old 09-24-2001, 05:53 PM

i will race you in 2 months adam...im calling you out
Old 09-24-2001, 06:17 PM

Luv them Civics! Why do you think there are so many 9 10 11 second Civic's out there? There are tonnes of stuff 4 them ... our cars are so damn slow when you think about it ... we can supercharge ... we can do NOS .. but still we can only break into the 13's ...

still .. luv my car ... but when I think about putting $10K into a Maxima and $10K into a Civic or Golf ... i have 2nd thoughts ...
Old 09-24-2001, 07:00 PM
My 4DSC

hehe

you'd be surprised the cars i beat w/ my old civic...
you name it, i beat it...
it was UNTOUCHABLE on the highways...

2300 lb Honda + 23 psi boost =

you never know what the car next to you has under the hood.

c'mon now...
how many of you would have ran this car if you came upon it in traffic...

you'd have lost.....GUARANTEED. (yes ALL of you).

Old 09-24-2001, 07:05 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: hehe

Originally posted by My 4DSC

you'd have lost.....GUARANTEED. (yes ALL of you)

hehehe.
Old 09-24-2001, 07:44 PM

question ... did you shift early or something. I know I have an auto, so I don't really know about the shift points on the manual, but shouldn't you just be in second at 60?

I don't think that would have helped, but just for my own future knowledge.

And don't feel too bad ... I had my a$$ handed to me by a Ford Contour. We were sitting a stop light together and I never thought anything about running, when the light changed and he barked the tires on the takeoff. I was like hell no you don't beat my max and I floored it. He had a half car lenght length on me by the time I realized what was going on. I caught up to him by about 40 when he shifts (I could tell it was a manual from the cars actions ... I can't describe in words how the car jumped and lifted inbetween shifts but it was amazing!) He got back in front of me and at 90 I shut down. Now maybe just maybe if I had expected the race I could have been even with him, but that is only a guess. I was sooooo embarrassed I wanted to move to a different town. Then I pick on some ford trucks and everything was o.k. again.

Later
Old 09-24-2001, 10:14 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: A civic whoooped my *** :(

maybe u can't drive
Old 09-24-2001, 11:29 PM

Re: Re: A civic whoooped my *** :(

Originally posted by ispeed
I had my a$$ handed to me by a Ford Contour.
it was probably an svt
Old 09-25-2001, 02:41 AM

There there.

I agree with everyone that Civics can be extremely fast so don't be too frustrated. Secondly, you were only going up to 60. Maybe if you kept on pushing the high-end of our Maxes would kick in and you would make up some of that 1-2 car length.
Old 09-25-2001, 03:45 AM

don't forget maximaracer I back off at 60!

I don't think I shifted to early I was right up near redline, and I was in 3rd by like 60sum.

Yah I would have caught up to him on the highway and hopefully kicked his *** but problem is that it was a pretty busy night to start off with and lots of po-po's on that road since its a main road from capitol city of conn. (hartford) to the rest of the state, interstate 94 to be exact. That and oh yah I don't exceed the limit lol, too afraid of cops and mom!!!
Old 09-25-2001, 03:50 AM

That and oh yah I don't exceed the limit lol, too afraid of cops and mom!!!
Better recognize!
Old 09-25-2001, 07:35 AM

What was your best ET in your Civic? 12s? 10s? So, are you saying even Don, Thomas, or Phil wouldn't stand a chance against your Civic?
Old 09-25-2001, 07:52 AM

you'd be surprised the cars i beat w/ my old civic. . .you'd have lost.....GUARANTEED. (yes ALL of you).
But, it's ugly!

I embaressed the maxima community, damn honduh's I shall never race again!!!
It's ok, you can't win them all. That's the thrill of racing. It's suppose to be fuuuuunnnnn.

Remember, a built 12sec civic/crx is still cheaper than 95% of the 14sec Maximas.

92-95 Civic Hatch (2200-2300lbs) - $4000 average
B18C5 - $3000
necessary hardware to make it work - $1500?
What you get - $8500 with roughly 12.5lbs to move per hp.
Yes, of course the Maxima is much much nicer, but, it's not the fastest thing on the planet.
Old 09-25-2001, 08:04 AM

Don't feel bad losing to a Civic. Like everyone else said, there are tons of stuff out there for Civics. If I wanted to, I could buy a cheap used Civic and use the left over money to build it up to a 12 sec or better car, it's not too hard. However, I'm sure you noticed the endless sea of Civics out there. I think most people who buy a Maxima, like me, want to be different. The problem is the aftermarket support for a Maxima, there is just so much you can do. Of course, the Maxima isn't the fastest or even close. If given a choice, I still wouldn't get a Civic. My plan: find a MKIV SupraTT and build that up! I would still keep the Maxima as my cruiser, the SupraTT as my racer.
Old 09-25-2001, 08:26 AM

when you think about it...if we got a lot of support for parts...then we would be just like the civics...i mean wed have altezzas available at every wal mart or gas station we go to, etc...so im kind of glad that we have mods available but not to the point of civics or acuras....and its all about having $......so adam is that a yes to me racing you? and i was thinking back off at abotu 130 or 140 not 60....or are you afraid of your mom?
Old 09-25-2001, 09:21 AM
is invisible

**** happens...

Just like when SC'd Maxes whoop on BMW 540i's.
Old 09-25-2001, 10:06 AM
My 4DSC

Re: Re: hehe

Originally posted by Cumalot

What was your best ET in your Civic? 12s? 10s? So, are you saying even Don, Thomas, or Phil wouldn't stand a chance against your Civic?
To the best of my knowledge there has not been a Max yet that could better an 11.42 @ 129.

Old 09-25-2001, 10:40 AM

By about 60 I was in 3rd and he had me by a good 1 - 2 car lengths, i was like WTF! I backed off when we got on the highway in shame...
Dont be ashamed. I got smoked by alot more than that against a Civic about a year ago. In 3rd gear alone he must have put 5 cars on me. I got seriously blown into the proverbial weeds.

I knew what this guy had though, it was hard to miss the 2 foot long polished intercooler in his front end.
Old 09-25-2001, 11:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: hehe

To the best of my knowledge there has not been a Max yet that could better an 11.42 @ 129.

So, are you saying that you ran a 11.42 or better? You didn't really answer my question. I know that there's much faster Civics out there than Maximas. A local tuner shop has a Civic that ran low 10s and hopes to get into the 9s very soon. I think a Maxima that can run low ETs is a much greater accomplishment than a Civic doing the same thing because it's much tougher for a Maxima to do that. Don't you think?
Old 09-25-2001, 01:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: hehe

So, are you saying that you ran a 11.42 or better? You didn't really answer my question. I know that there's much faster Civics out there than Maximas. A local tuner shop has a Civic that ran low 10s and hopes to get into the 9s very soon. I think a Maxima that can run low ETs is a much greater accomplishment than a Civic doing the same thing because it's much tougher for a Maxima to do that. Don't you think?
Saying that won't get your pink slips back though. I wouldn't sweat it. Somebody was mentioning how cheap it is to fix up a Civic.....

Reminds me of High school..... I almost bought a 1971 Dodge Challenger with a 383 for 3000. It ran fine.... for a musclecar. Three speed auto. shifted hard enough to knock the wind out of ya. The damn owner scared the crap out of me. It was a little rusty though... and needed paint. And I imagine a few other things but throw 2000 at the motor and it woulda been insane. (My dream car over ALL others is still a 1971 Hemi Cuda Convertible ) I think only fourteen were made like that...... I watch Nash Bridges just to drool about the car. Sorry I'm OT
Old 09-25-2001, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by mbcp_tdogg

Better recognize!
Mom's probably the one without the flashing lights and siren (we hope!)

Here's a comparison chart for your further edification:

Police =

Mom = (if you get caught speeding)

Any Questions?
Old 09-25-2001, 03:45 PM
My 4DSC

Re: Re: Re: Re: hehe

That is exactly what I am saying.
And NO it is not cheap to make a 96' civic coupe run 11's in street trim.
I could make a Maxima run just as fast...for the same amount.
I paid $15,500 for my civic brand new...
Another $15,000 (est) in mods...

With $15k in engine mods on a Maxima it would no doubt run 11's.

Old 09-25-2001, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by maximaracer28
when you think about it...if we got a lot of support for parts...then we would be just like the civics...i mean wed have altezzas available at every wal mart or gas station we go to, etc...so im kind of glad that we have mods available but not to the point of civics or acuras....and its all about having $......so adam is that a yes to me racing you? and i was thinking back off at abotu 130 or 140 not 60....or are you afraid of your mom?
130?140! I'm not John lol! jk well nah that too fast for my Polish ***, hell yah I'm afriad of my mom man shes polish like that, she'll whip out her jimmy stick and start whoppin my *** Anyway thanks for the advice guys I think I'll be going slow for a while. I guess it is cool that our Maxima mods are expensive or else TL guys would really be on our case calling us rice rockets!
Old 09-25-2001, 04:58 PM

maybe its a ferrari engine civic?
Old 09-25-2001, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by LucentAUTO
i knew it
Old 09-25-2001, 08:48 PM

Originally posted by LucentAUTO
Old 09-26-2001, 01:48 PM

Yeah Hondas can be sneaky. My friend had a CRX which when I first saw it was like "Yeah no big deal" Then he sent it away for about a three week period and did not tell me what it was having done. Basicly by the time it came back it had an Acura engine in it done up with some mods (intake etc) with a nice turbo on there. Also he had the exhaust done and a better tranny. Possibly also Acura. Lets just say that since a CRX weighs about 2000 pounds it was blowing away anything else in our town. So watch out for Civics because anything you can think of aftermarket they make. Plus if he were to throw NOS in this thing - watch out.

SuDZ
Old 09-26-2001, 03:19 PM

See I never pick on those "rice" cars. And you all know what I mean by "rice". I end up racing firebirds, cameros, and mustangs. I live in detroit so I don't get a lot of foreign cars round here. Anybody with a 5'th gen can keep up with an automatic or stick Z28 93-97 from a roll. Try not to get suckered into a stoplight. They pull a car or two from the start. The best part is when you race a car full of punks in a convertible Z28 and they start calling you a soccer mom, cause of the car. Then they all watch in disbelief as the soccer mom car pulls a car or two and then see my middle finger as i dissappear.

Sorry got a little carried away there.
Old 09-26-2001, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by Foglght
See I never pick on those "rice" cars. And you all know what I mean by "rice". I end up racing firebirds, cameros, and mustangs. I live in detroit so I don't get a lot of foreign cars round here. Anybody with a 5'th gen can keep up with an automatic or stick Z28 93-97 from a roll. Try not to get suckered into a stoplight. They pull a car or two from the start. The best part is when you race a car full of punks in a convertible Z28 and they start calling you a soccer mom, cause of the car. Then they all watch in disbelief as the soccer mom car pulls a car or two and then see my middle finger as i dissappear.

soccer mom car!!!!
Old 09-26-2001, 04:58 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ
. . . Basicly by the time it came back it had an Acura engine in it done up with some mods (intake etc) with a nice turbo on there. Also he had the exhaust done and a better tranny. Possibly also Acura. Lets just say that since a CRX weighs about 2000 pounds it was blowing away anything else in our town.
Just a few Edit Marks. Honda engine, not Acura.

Also, a B16A with I/H/E in almost any CRX will put a smack down on a stock Maxima (4g/5g). Average driver should get 14.80-15.10s out a B16A CRX. A compentent/good driver should get 14.40s-14.70s.
On a roll, from 30mph, it's tough to beat a B16A CRX...but at 80mph, a Maxima should walk from it.
Old 09-26-2001, 05:03 PM
My 4DSC

Originally posted by SCCA Solo2

Just a few Edit Marks. Honda engine, not Acura.

Also, a B16A with I/H/E in almost any CRX will put a smack down on a stock Maxima (4g/5g). Average driver should get 14.80-15.10s out a B16A CRX. A compentent/good driver should get 14.40s-14.70s.
On a roll, from 30mph, it's tough to beat a B16A CRX...but at 80mph, a Maxima should walk from it.
I had a stock 89' CRX Si 5-spd that ran 15.1 with just I/H/E.
I've seen B16 CRX's run 13's w/ just I/H/E

Old 09-26-2001, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by Foglght

Hey I noticed that you have a Flowmaster Muffler on your Max. I was curious as to how it sounded. I've heard it mainly on trucks around this area but I liked the extremely deep muscle car sound it always put out..... It's mainly cause I hate greddy mufflers..... they sound like..... Well they're just too high pitched for me.
Old 09-26-2001, 07:51 PM
My 4DSC

Originally posted by Yoritomo

Hey I noticed that you have a Flowmaster Muffler on your Max. I was curious as to how it sounded. I've heard it mainly on trucks around this area but I liked the extremely deep muscle car sound it always put out..... It's mainly cause I hate greddy mufflers..... they sound like..... Well they're just too high pitched for me.
if you wanna sound like that just drop a small block chevy in your max.
its not the muffler that gives that aggressive sound...its the engine.
a flowmaster on a maxima will sound similar or quieter than a comparable straight thru muffler...

Old 09-26-2001, 07:57 PM

I had a stock 89' CRX Si 5-spd that ran 15.1 with just I/H/E.
I've seen B16 CRX's run 13's w/ just I/H/E
WHAT? You're saying you ran a 15.1 with ONLY i/h/e? No valve job, no head work?
I have a hard time believing that...sorry. I/H/E probably generates a whoping 10hp to the crank. 118hp in a 2000lb CRX is not pushing 15.1s. What mph was it at?

A B16A1 in a 88 CRX HF will do high 13s with I/H/E with a good driver. I'm expecting to see low 14s with my '90 HF in the near future.

You just can't argue the potential of a 170hp 1900lb car. I can't wait!
Old 09-26-2001, 08:10 PM

if you wanna sound like that just drop a small block chevy in your max.
its not the muffler that gives that aggressive sound...its the engine.
a flowmaster on a maxima will sound similar or quieter than a comparable straight thru muffler...
I figured..... I'll probably stick with the stock muffler. I don't wanna be loud.... only at WOT... looks like y-pipe only for me..... Thanks though. I really have to admit I love the way old american v-8s sound. What's funny is the whole rice thing...... You could apply the exact same thing to trucks around this area. Lowered with useless bodykits, useless mufflers..... They're fun to pick on. Sorry I'm OT........

Quick Reply: A civic whoooped my *** :(