5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

body kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 06:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

body kit

High, im interested in getting a body kit for my 2001 max. I saw on custommaxima they have sarona body kir for 01 maxs. I have a silver max. Does any1 have any pics of it on a silver maxima? Also when i take it to a shop to pain the kit. What are the chances that the paint will start chipping after a while, since it is not original paint. thanks in advance.

Rod.
Old 09-29-2001, 09:10 PM
RBa

Re: body kit

That's not the Sorona kit... It's the Ninja Kit....
The chances of paint chipping off are slim unless you have an idiot painting it with some cheapa$$ paint... The biggest problem is matching the colors... You said you have a silver Max. Did you repaint your car or do you mean grey luster?

By the way..Mrburner use to have that kit.. I wonder if he sold his car!!......
Old 09-29-2001, 10:05 PM

Re: Re: body kit

Originally posted by RBa
The chances of paint chipping off are slim unless you have an idiot painting it with some cheapa$$ paint... The biggest problem is matching the colors... You said you have a silver Max. Did you repaint your car or do you mean grey luster?

i mean i have the grey luster.

any1 have pics of their grey luster max with this kit?
Old 09-29-2001, 11:18 PM

yea like RBA said.. if u get a good body shop to paint it.. u'll b fine.. i'm sure u'll find a pic of the spoilers ect kit if u do a search.. but where r u from.. cuz that kit is really low.. and if u hit the wrong bump your gonna do this when u hit it, and then this when u c it.... then this cuz it looks f***ed up....
Old 09-29-2001, 11:57 PM

Originally posted by JKiMaxAC
yea like RBA said.. if u get a good body shop to paint it.. u'll b fine.. i'm sure u'll find a pic of the spoilers ect kit if u do a search.. but where r u from.. cuz that kit is really low.. and if u hit the wrong bump your gonna do this when u hit it, and then this when u c it.... then this cuz it looks f***ed up....
i live in new york and there are a lot of pot holes here. Thanks for the tip i didnt think of that. What kit is good for me then, what do u suggest?
Old 09-30-2001, 12:01 AM

the best kit for east coast peeps would b the AE kit or the stillen kit.. if it were my choice i would go for the stillen kit.. will run u like 890 i think for the kit, and... i dunno how much it is to get it painted.. but i think thats the best bet.. yea.. ny is a crazy place to drive.. its the same here in south jersey..
Old 09-30-2001, 03:33 AM

get the stillen kit over the ae if your planning on buying one
Old 09-30-2001, 08:23 AM

Originally posted by flipmode_cali
get the stillen kit over the ae if your planning on buying one
How much is your drop? It looks perfect. Is that 1.5 front and 1 rear? What lowering springs and shocks did you use? Thanks.
Old 09-30-2001, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by maxse01

How much is your drop? It looks perfect. Is that 1.5 front and 1 rear? What lowering springs and shocks did you use? Thanks.
yeah i guess ill go with the stillen when i do save up some $$$, because as i understand the ninja kit is too low. Does any1 have a pic of the stillen with grey luster maxima? How much should i expect to pay to pain it and install. Thanks for u help.
Old 09-30-2001, 07:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Looks like Eibach

I went to his website and he seems to be running Eibach springs
Old 09-30-2001, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by zgrm100

yeah i guess ill go with the stillen when i do save up some $$$, because as i understand the ninja kit is too low. Does any1 have a pic of the stillen with grey luster maxima? How much should i expect to pay to pain it and install. Thanks for u help.
After painting, the Stillen kit will be around the same price as the pre-painted AE kit.
Old 09-30-2001, 07:17 PM

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity

After painting, the Stillen kit will be around the same price as the pre-painted AE kit.
which is how much? And which kit looks better?
Old 09-30-2001, 07:20 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Click on my homepage for pics with Eibach springs and Stillen Body kit.

Maximadave
Old 09-30-2001, 10:42 PM

which is how much? And which kit looks better?
Probably a tad over a thousand..the AE kit is 1030 w/shipping I believe, and you can instally it yourself if you have extreme paitence. Depending on how much the Stillen kit costs you to paint is what the difference in price will amount to. As for looks it totally depends on personal taste. They look almost similar, but the Stillen kit definitely has a "broader" look. If you can see in my sig pic, I have the AE kit and user flipmode_cali (above) has the Stillen one. If you can't see my pic, then try www.nissannews.com, or go to your dealer and see if they have any Anniv Editions left.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:38 AM

Re: Re: body kit

Originally posted by RBa

nope car isn't sold yet...i only had a few weeks before i left for school to sell it and there is no way my parents were going to be able to sell it for me...so basically i've decided to part out the car when i get back home in december for winter break and then have my parents sell the car as stock...during school upto spring break, i will be in search of a supra tt 6spd and will hopefully find one to my liking by spring break so i can drive it upto lake havasu(sp?) which is kinda like marti gras for the west coast
Old 10-02-2001, 01:22 PM

good to see you back..good luck wid selling ur car
Old 10-02-2001, 06:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: body kit

Originally posted by MrBurner

nope car isn't sold yet...i only had a few weeks before i left for school to sell it and there is no way my parents were going to be able to sell it for me...so basically i've decided to part out the car when i get back home in december for winter break and then have my parents sell the car as stock...during school upto spring break, i will be in search of a supra tt 6spd and will hopefully find one to my liking by spring break so i can drive it upto lake havasu(sp?) which is kinda like marti gras for the west coast
Zach, I need to see pics of your car from the side with the side skirts, why does your site not work?
Old 10-02-2001, 07:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: body kit

Originally posted by ItalianMax2kSE

Zach, I need to see pics of your car from the side with the side skirts, why does your site not work?
i don't have a clue why my site hasn't been working lately...just try the root director

www.geocities.com/turboburnout/

if you click on the director bodykitfin you will find a bunch of pics of the kit w/ sides and back etc.
Old 10-02-2001, 08:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: body kit

Originally posted by MrBurner

i don't have a clue why my site hasn't been working lately...just try the root director

www.geocities.com/turboburnout/

if you click on the director bodykitfin you will find a bunch of pics of the kit w/ sides and back etc.
isnt the kit u have, too low to the ground, so if u get into pot holes ur screwed.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:12 PM
maximudragun

stillen & ninja

has anybody try mixing up the bodykits or can any body photoshop the two kits together. i would like to see. what i would like to see is stillen front and ninja side skirt and rear. please photo shop

Old 10-02-2001, 09:59 PM

umm...we really don't have potholes in arizona...actually the kit has been just fine and according to mine and kevs measurements (when he still had eibach springs) my kit w/ eibachs has the exact same amount of clearance as the stillen kit w/ eibachs

nope haven't really had any problems...fiberglass has held up much better than expected
Old 10-03-2001, 04:57 PM

Re: stillen & ninja

Originally posted by maximudragun
has anybody try mixing up the bodykits or can any body photoshop the two kits together. i would like to see. what i would like to see is stillen front and ninja side skirt and rear. please photo shop
I am having my STILLEN Rear and Front Touring Spoiler and NINJA Sides put on next week, I will post pics ASAP.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:41 PM

what kind of blue headlights are those?
Old 10-03-2001, 10:48 PM

what kind of blue headlights are those?
the ones at the time of that picture were these generic blue bulbs i bought at my local performance shop for like $15-20...i currently have phillips blue vision bulbs (thanks to adam) and i really don't like them too much...if i was keeping the car i'd defenitely get some real h.i.d.'s