5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Any Intelliglow needles fit on 5th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2001, 06:52 PM

Any Intelliglow needles fit on 5th gen?

I know they only make them for other nissan's and for the 4th gen max, but anyone know if any of them would fit on our cars? I'm going for the blue light theme and I think those would be a nice addition (esp. if they still dim with the dimmer switch).
Old 09-30-2001, 07:20 PM

Re: Any Intelliglow needles fit on 5th gen?

Originally posted by Keh mon
I know they only make them for other nissan's and for the 4th gen max, but anyone know if any of them would fit on our cars? I'm going for the blue light theme and I think those would be a nice addition (esp. if they still dim with the dimmer switch).

No they will not fit since it is too rice for our cars.
much more ricer then those damn christmas lights that someone had
Old 09-30-2001, 07:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Any Intelliglow needles fit on 5th gen?

a blue theme, eh? are you gonna change the bulbs? i've been trying to figure out how to go about it b/c i wanted to do the same thing... LEDs or bulbs w/caps?
Old 09-30-2001, 10:05 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

It will probably fit, but you might not be able to see the blue because our needs are orange. If you can get clear needles from 4th gens (or white needles, but sand down the white side), they might just work.
Old 09-30-2001, 10:07 PM

say they won't work
Old 09-30-2001, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by yongjun
say they won't work
haha whatever JERK

I don't think they'd be too bad as long as they aren't really bright (hense use the dimmer ****). I know our needles are orange in color, but I thought the Intelliglow needles were the actual needle and light, maybe I was wrong. After thinking, the outside of the actual dial lights up a light blue, I wonder if they would contrast each other.

AND don't even say anything YJ. Cause if they're the same color as the other bulbs, then it wouldn't be too bad.

Originally posted by areX
a blue theme, eh? are you gonna change the bulbs? i've been trying to figure out how to go about it b/c i wanted to do the same thing... LEDs or bulbs w/caps?
The only bulbs I was gonna change were the two in the door, the dome light, and maybe the light in the ashtray (I keep my cell there, so I actually do see the light). Anyone know what/where the LED bulbs can be found? It's way too late for me to do a search right now.
Old 09-30-2001, 11:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The only bulbs I was gonna change were the two in the door, the dome light, and maybe the light in the ashtray (I keep my cell there, so I actually do see the light). Anyone know what/where the LED bulbs can be found? It's way too late for me to do a search right now.

there's actually a lot more in the door switches than just two... look at my writeup. i wanted to do the Dash lights, that's why...
Old 09-30-2001, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by areX

there's actually a lot more in the door switches than just two... look at my writeup. i wanted to do the Dash lights, that's why...
Oh, I didn't mean change the door switches... at least not yet. I meant the wedge bulbs in the door. heh sorry 'bout the confusion.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:00 AM

Re: Re: Any Intelliglow needles fit on 5th gen?

Originally posted by yongjun

No they will not fit since it is too rice for our cars.
much more ricer then those damn christmas lights that someone had

I almost forgot about your Christmas lights YJ....
Old 10-01-2001, 11:25 AM

What christmas tree lights? I don't remember those