5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Front Windshield TINTED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 05:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Front Windshield TINTED!!!

I never did it before, and the dude I know at the tint shop told me to get 41% Polarized Tint. So it wont look TOO noticible but it will knock out ALOT of sun and from the front it will look Polarized like a Rainbow, sort of like the OLD lincolns back in the day.

Here are some Pics, Just had it done today. During the day it looks hot, made my side windows EVEN darker since not too much lights gets inside anymore.

Looks hot to me, so far for all you people who think TINT HAS to cost more, I have paid only $150 for all the windows on the side and the back window, 3% Limo Tint on the sunroof, and the 41% polarized tint on my windshield. And if you doubt the quality, why not hold your FLAMES for when you come and see it in Person.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:00 PM

yeah...I've seen that kind of tint before...and always thought that it was some kind of special glass of some sort.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:05 PM
Administrator

the tint i like... the rims gotta go
Old 10-03-2001, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
the rims gotta go

Maybe, if I can get some nice ones for $1000. I only got these for $550. Promotional on the new Enkei company ETX.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:13 PM
Administrator

i like the headlights too
Old 10-03-2001, 06:27 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Front Windshield TINTED!!!

Man sorry to say but you are going to get your butt pulled over in a heartbeat. I can tell just by seeing the picture of your car that is really dark.

Old 10-03-2001, 06:33 PM

Re: Re: Front Windshield TINTED!!!

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Man sorry to say but you are going to get your butt pulled over in a heartbeat. I can tell just by seeing the picture of your car that is really dark.
See funny thing about that. I NEVER WILL. I live in DC Metro area. I actually like in Maryland, but my plates next week are going to be ALABAMA plates since my parents just moved there. I told them to transfer my car there so I could be "IMMUNE" to all that crap up here.

Old 10-03-2001, 06:42 PM

Doesn't mean you won't get pulled over for it. They just can't give you a ticket
Old 10-03-2001, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by Green_2
Doesn't mean you won't get pulled over for it. They just can't give you a ticket
Why would they pull me over if they cant give me a ticket? They aint gonna be able to harass me over it.......... Not here in DC. If they pull me over they might nail me for the damn windshield washer leds. But I dont see how that is in ANY WAY illegal or cause a distraction for anyone.
Old 10-03-2001, 07:09 PM

Looks hot to me, so far for all you people who think TINT HAS to cost more, I have paid only $150 for all the windows

damn thats a hell of a deal.I know you're in Laurel, MD. What shop did you go to?
Old 10-03-2001, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
Looks hot to me, so far for all you people who think TINT HAS to cost more, I have paid only $150 for all the windows

damn thats a hell of a deal.I know you're in Laurel, MD. What shop did you go to?
I went to a shop in Capitol Heights. Called Atlantic Window Tint. 301-333-0146. I know the owner, but it dont matter, he does ANY CAR with ANY TINT for $99 FLAT. SUVs $129. He uses the highest quality MADICO tint. And he also does the BACK WINDOW in ONE PIECE.
Old 10-03-2001, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
I never did it before, and the dude I know at the tint shop told me to get 41% Polarized Tint. So it wont look TOO noticible but it will knock out ALOT of sun and from the front it will look Polarized like a Rainbow, sort of like the OLD lincolns back in the day.
Looks GREAT!!! but I had a pair of polarized sunglasses a while ago, (great glasses too, I miss em! ) Does it alter your perception of the road at all? I know my glasses made patches of replacement tar and pot holes look weird, depth perception of smaller objects was diminished...
Old 10-03-2001, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by Spudskier

Looks GREAT!!! but I had a pair of polarized sunglasses a while ago, (great glasses too, I miss em! ) Does it alter your perception of the road at all? I know my glasses made patches of replacement tar and pot holes look weird, depth perception of smaller objects was diminished...
would such a tint, affect a radar detectors sensor? Also will u still be able to mount a radar detector on ur windshield using the suction cups?>
Old 10-03-2001, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by Spudskier

I have polarized sunglasses, and I love 'em for the glare reduction. They can reduce the reflections off of other cars' windows. Rather than just making everything darker, polarized lenses can improve your vision. Polarized lenses give you trouble when reading LCD displays at certain angles, but just rotate your view to clear it up.
Old 10-03-2001, 08:31 PM

..., 3% Limo Tint on the sunroof, ...
A lot of people warned me not to tint my sunroof. Even the tint dude said it was not a good idea.
Might cause it to crack or something?
R U sure that is safe? I still want to do it.
Old 10-03-2001, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by Extremax

A lot of people warned me not to tint my sunroof. Even the tint dude said it was not a good idea.
Might cause it to crack or something?
R U sure that is safe? I still want to do it.
That is complete BS on a sunroof. Maybe he just aint want to do it cause it is sort of difficult to cut on put up there.

NO WAY in HELL a Tint can make a window crack. Not Flamming, but that is the most amazing BS I have heard.
Old 10-03-2001, 09:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: Front Windshield TINTED!!!

Dixit,

How is visibilty at night?

GC

That is complete BS on a sunroof. Maybe he just aint want to do it cause it is sort of difficult to cut on put up there.

NO WAY in HELL a Tint can make a window crack. Not Flamming, but that is the most amazing BS I have heard.
Old 10-03-2001, 09:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Windshield TINTED!!!

Originally posted by Cisco
Dixit,

How is visibilty at night?

GC

Actually have not drove the car at night, hopefully it aint bad. See like I said, I know the owner of the tint shop real well and he is honest with me. He told me you wont notice much difference at night, it anything glare will be less and maybe about a 5% lower visibility.

I will keep you posted when I do drive it at night.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:15 PM

I saw something on the news a few months back about a special kind of glass or tint, can't remember but it was suppose to reduce UV rays and reduce teh temperature inside of the car quiet a bit. Is this what you got on your car Big Dog? I like the way it looks.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by Menacer
I saw something on the news a few months back about a special kind of glass or tint, can't remember but it was suppose to reduce UV rays and reduce teh temperature inside of the car quiet a bit. Is this what you got on your car Big Dog? I like the way it looks.
All the dude told me it is 41% Polarized Tint. Ruduces UV rays and Sunlight by about 50%. He said you will notice alot cooler car, i already noticed that when I got the car tinted 2months back. I guess I will notice an even cooler car.

I am tinting like a freak cause I am about to install some TV monitors and the TV headunit soon, maybe in the month. I dont want ANYONE to see in the car to see what is in there.

DC area aint the hottest area to have cars like that.
Old 10-04-2001, 01:50 AM

Re: Re: Re: Front Windshield TINTED!!!

See funny thing about that. I NEVER WILL. I live in DC Metro area. I actually like in Maryland, but my plates next week are going to be ALABAMA plates since my parents just moved there. I told them to transfer my car there so I could be "IMMUNE" to all that crap up here.

That doesn't matter what state you live in or what plates you have on your car. Tint on your front windshield is illegal no matter where you live. They can still pull you over and ticket you even with out of state plates. Just be careful. I was thinking of doing the same thing but don't want to take the chance. To risky. Any yes, most cops will pull you over in a heartbeat.

Shadou
Old 10-04-2001, 05:11 AM

what's the point of getting your sunroof tinted? isn't it a SUNroof???
Old 10-04-2001, 06:46 AM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
I have that done on my wife's explorer (15% all around, 5% on the back window, but I put a 35% on the entire front shield). It is sooo nice, because you don't have to drive with you sunglasses on. As far as getting pulled over, I don't think the police know or even have an idea that this goes on. I have had a cop next to me with my windows down and he didn't notice while looking in my explorer.

Nice touch. I am going back to vegas in a couple of weeks and I am going to have my friend do the same to my max. I have 5% all around but because the front shield is so big you can see right in.
Old 10-04-2001, 02:48 PM

All the dude told me it is 41% Polarized Tint. Ruduces UV rays and Sunlight by about 50%. He said you will notice alot cooler car, i already noticed that when I got the car tinted 2months back. I guess I will notice an even cooler car.

I am tinting like a freak cause I am about to install some TV monitors and the TV headunit soon, maybe in the month. I dont want ANYONE to see in the car to see what is in there.

DC area aint the hottest area to have cars like that.
Polarized...drool...
Old 10-04-2001, 04:28 PM

Looks tight dude. I would do the same if not for the strict laws around here. I had 20% dark tint before and got problems with it, so now it's 50% Platinum tint in the front, and 35% Platinum tint in the rear and back windows. Oh well...
Old 10-04-2001, 05:22 PM

Looks hot man! I like it.
Old 10-04-2001, 05:25 PM

Cool Big.

Looks hot.. now that we on the topic on windshields.

Whats the deal with the 2002 MB S500+ models... their windshields have a purplish tint from a distance. Think its a special glass????.Can i get that tint put on.
Anyway if anyone got info i want to know. I love purple.

Roger
Old 10-04-2001, 06:49 PM

Originally posted by craaaazzy
what's the point of getting your sunroof tinted? isn't it a SUNroof???
SUNroof it is, but i aint tried to get Sunburn by the damn light. So I tinted it so that I dont get that BLINDING and HOT Sunrays in my car while i am driving.
Old 10-06-2001, 11:41 AM

I just noticed them! I had those in 18" in 96 on my 93 MAX. I think they were called X-Roads. Did enkei bring them back out? BigDog, I do have a set of Lexani Krystals that were on my wifey's I30 for 6mos that I can let you have for 1400.00 plus shipping!

Old 10-06-2001, 12:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Why would they pull me over if they cant give me a ticket? They aint gonna be able to harass me over it.......... Not here in DC. If they pull me over they might nail me for the damn windshield washer leds. But I dont see how that is in ANY WAY illegal or cause a distraction for anyone.
i predict no one will fock with you
Old 10-06-2001, 12:21 PM

EZ Pass

Any idea whether the polarized tint will be no good for EZ-Pass?
Old 10-06-2001, 12:25 PM

SprintMax, Your sig is the best and most imaginative I've seen so far!
Old 10-06-2001, 12:51 PM

Here are some Pics, Just had it done today. During the day it looks hot, made my side windows EVEN darker since not too much lights gets inside anymore.

Looks hot to me, so far for all you people who think TINT HAS to cost more, I have paid only $150 for all the windows on the side and the back window, 3% Limo Tint on the sunroof, and the 41% polarized tint on my windshield. And if you doubt the quality, why not hold your FLAMES for when you come and see it in Person.

Hey BigDogJonx,

LUV your tint! I remebmer seeing it on Ford/Lincoln products in the 90's but that was factory glass, not tint but that makes no difference because your is sweet .
Old 10-06-2001, 02:07 PM

Re: EZ Pass

Originally posted by NJ_MAX2000
Any idea whether the polarized tint will be no good for EZ-Pass?
I have an EZ-Pass, and it is not affected.
Old 10-06-2001, 02:09 PM

Good stuff man, gonna go see if a local shop has some good tint/price.
Old 10-06-2001, 03:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by annimax

SprintMax, Your sig is the best and most imaginative I've seen so far!

i dont get it tho