5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxima production is comming to US!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 07:50 AM

Maxima production is comming to US!

Yep, you can stop rubbing your eyes b/c it's true. Nissan closed the plant in Japan where our beloved Maximas have always been built and are moving production of the full sized Maxima to the Smyrna plant in Tennessee. The reason they are probably doing this is because the larger Maximas probably won't sell in Japan b/c they're going to be too big for what the average Japanese dude drives. The Smyrna plant here in TN is the most productive plant in the world with only 5.5 million sq/ft. Ford's Kentucky Truck Plant is 6 million sq/ft and change and they only make 2 models of trucks there, Super Duties and Excursions. In addition to this, Nissan is building that new plant in Canton, Miss that's going to open in 2003. At that plant they're going to build an all new minivan that won't be based off of the crappy Mercury van and they're also going to build an all new full-sized pickup truck with a big ol' DOHC V8. Now, I know that Nissan doesn't have any other V8's around (unless you go to Infinity) and this one is rumored to produce close to 400 bhp, gee...where do you think they're going to get the Maxima's V8 from?

All of this is part of the Nissan's North America Revival plan and I think that it's going to take off here before long. So, if you have some extra $$$ laying around, don't waste it on new mods for you max (God knows I'd like to), buy Nissan stock b/c it's going places in the near future.

Also, thanks to people with common sense, the blue collar works at the Smyrna plant voted down the UAW! Lets all rejoyce now b/c we can rest assured that Nissan will continue to make quality vehicles that we can love for many many many years. Take it easy guys!
Old 10-04-2001, 07:53 AM

Re: Maxima production is comming to US!

Old 10-04-2001, 08:04 AM

Re: Maxima production is comming to US!

Originally posted by KCMax
Yep, you can stop rubbing your eyes b/c it's true. Nissan closed the plant in Japan where our beloved Maximas have always been built and are moving production of the full sized Maxima to the Smyrna plant in Tennessee. The reason they are probably doing this is because the larger Maximas probably won't sell in Japan b/c they're going to be too big for what the average Japanese dude drives. The Smyrna plant here in TN is the most productive plant in the world with only 5.5 million sq/ft. Ford's Kentucky Truck Plant is 6 million sq/ft and change and they only make 2 models of trucks there, Super Duties and Excursions. In addition to this, Nissan is building that new plant in Canton, Miss that's going to open in 2003. At that plant they're going to build an all new minivan that won't be based off of the crappy Mercury van and they're also going to build an all new full-sized pickup truck with a big ol' DOHC V8. Now, I know that Nissan doesn't have any other V8's around (unless you go to Infinity) and this one is rumored to produce close to 400 bhp, gee...where do you think they're going to get the Maxima's V8 from?

All of this is part of the Nissan's North America Revival plan and I think that it's going to take off here before long. So, if you have some extra $$$ laying around, don't waste it on new mods for you max (God knows I'd like to), buy Nissan stock b/c it's going places in the near future.

Also, thanks to people with common sense, the blue collar works at the Smyrna plant voted down the UAW! Lets all rejoyce now b/c we can rest assured that Nissan will continue to make quality vehicles that we can love for many many many years. Take it easy guys!
IS THIS RIGHT....is there someone else from Kansas City on this board!? WooHOO More maxima buddies!
Old 10-04-2001, 09:52 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

With all due respect to the hard working Americans in this country. I'm kind of disappointed they are moving production to TN :-/

Hopefully QA will not suffer. At the very least it's going to create a lot of jobs for people which is good.
Old 10-04-2001, 10:44 AM

Aren't they working on one in Jackson, Mississippi also?
Old 10-04-2001, 02:20 PM

that's the same one

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mattattax
[B]Aren't they working on one in Jackson, Mississippi also?

The plant in Canton, Miss is right outside Jackson. My sister-n-law went to a private school there and she's says that it's a definite Nowhere, USA, but hey, that's how you get cheap land/labor.

ALSO, FYI, I AM NOT A NEWBIE!! I've been comming to this board for 2 and a half years before it had a format even close to this! The reason I don't come on here all-to-often now is the fact that there's always some dip $hit with an attitude who thinks he has all the answers and no one else does. I get tired of their rude coments and pi$$y attitudes, so I simply don't come here that often. I figured that this would be some usefull info and I'm sure that some people appreciated it, but there's alway that one guy.....ain't that right YONGJUNYONGJUN
Old 10-04-2001, 02:59 PM

Re: that's the same one

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KCMax
[B]
Originally posted by mattattax

The plant in Canton, Miss is right outside Jackson. My sister-n-law went to a private school there and she's says that it's a definite Nowhere, USA, but hey, that's how you get cheap land/labor.

ALSO, FYI, I AM NOT A NEWBIE!! I've been comming to this board for 2 and a half years before it had a format even close to this! The reason I don't come on here all-to-often now is the fact that there's always some dip $hit with an attitude who thinks he has all the answers and no one else does. I get tired of their rude coments and pi$$y attitudes, so I simply don't come here that often. I figured that this would be some usefull info and I'm sure that some people appreciated it, but there's alway that one guy.....ain't that right YONGJUNYONGJUN
yongjung said that because this stuff has already been posted 2-3 times or more.
Old 10-04-2001, 03:06 PM

Re: that's the same one

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KCMax
[B]
Originally posted by mattattax

Well ok then. If you don't like it, you don't have to come to the boards. He wasn't being rude nor did he have an attitude. Next time use the SEARCH function before you post something that all of us have already heard. And by the way, what do we care anyway? The Nissan plant did not close as you had mentioned and yes the Maxima is STILL made in Japan but only under a different name. I should know since I used to live in Japan for quite some time and the Nissan factory was right down the road from where I used to live. It is alive and well. Have a nice day, newbie!!

Shadou
Old 10-11-2001, 08:16 PM

YONGJUN

Alrighty buddy. You don't believe me that the Japan plant closed? Check out this article I JUST READ IN THE PAPER! Here, I'll type the whole thing for you and list the editor and paper that it was posted in. Just goes to show that you're another one of "those people" on here that doesn't know jack yet insists that you do. Enjoy the ride!
Louisville Metro (paper)
Nissan to make Maxima in U.S.
By AMY GREEN
Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nissan Motor Co. will move its Maxima production line from Japan to Tennessee, part of an expansion that will create 2i,000 jobs in the state.
A redesigned model of the Maxima, Nissan's top-of-the-line car, is set to roll off the assembly line in January 2003, the company announced yesterday.
The move is part of the company's strategy to produce cars close to the markets where they are sold, said Emil Hassan, Nissan's senior vice president of North American manufacturing.
Gov. Don Sundquist joined Hassan in making the announcement at the Capitol. He commended Japanese-owned Nissan for its investment in Tennessee over the last 20 years, creating thousands of jobs and hundreds of spin-off businesses, mostly parts suppliers.
Last year, Nissan announced a $1 billion expansion of its parts plant in Decherd and its Smyrna manufacturing plant, the company's only vehicle assembly factory in the United States.
Hassan said the Maxima move is part of that expansion, which will add 1,000 workers each to the Decherd and Smyrna plants over the next four years.
Nissan recently closed its 40-year-old Murayama plant outside Tokyo in preparation for moving more of its manufacturing to North America.

So.....HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES? BEOTCH!
Old 10-11-2001, 08:23 PM

Re: YONGJUN

Alrighty buddy. You don't believe me that the Japan plant closed? Check out this article I JUST READ IN THE PAPER! Here, I'll type the whole thing for you and list the editor and paper that it was posted in. Just goes to show that you're another one of "those people" on here that doesn't know jack yet insists that you do. Enjoy the ride!
Louisville Metro (paper)
Nissan to make Maxima in U.S.
By AMY GREEN
Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nissan Motor Co. will move its Maxima production line from Japan to Tennessee, part of an expansion that will create 2i,000 jobs in the state.
A redesigned model of the Maxima, Nissan's top-of-the-line car, is set to roll off the assembly line in January 2003, the company announced yesterday.
The move is part of the company's strategy to produce cars close to the markets where they are sold, said Emil Hassan, Nissan's senior vice president of North American manufacturing.
Gov. Don Sundquist joined Hassan in making the announcement at the Capitol. He commended Japanese-owned Nissan for its investment in Tennessee over the last 20 years, creating thousands of jobs and hundreds of spin-off businesses, mostly parts suppliers.
Last year, Nissan announced a $1 billion expansion of its parts plant in Decherd and its Smyrna manufacturing plant, the company's only vehicle assembly factory in the United States.
Hassan said the Maxima move is part of that expansion, which will add 1,000 workers each to the Decherd and Smyrna plants over the next four years.
Nissan recently closed its 40-year-old Murayama plant outside Tokyo in preparation for moving more of its manufacturing to North America.

So.....HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES? BEOTCH!
You asked for it now b!tch. First of all don't cuss anyone out on this board. Not me not your mom not your dad no one. Second of all where in the hell in my thread did I deny that the maxima was going to be built in the US? I already knew this, it was posted way before this and it was even on CNN. Next why in the hell would nissan stop making any cars in Japan. That's just stupid. They are based there and they will always be. Bringing production to the US will just lower costs of producing these cars.
If you had used the search feature you would know that this had already been posted.

Go back to your hole newbie.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:41 PM

Re: Re: YONGJUN

Originally posted by yongjun

You asked for it now b!tch. First of all don't cuss anyone out on this board. Not me not your mom not your dad no one. Second of all where in the hell in my thread did I deny that the maxima was going to be built in the US? I already knew this, it was posted way before this and it was even on CNN. Next why in the hell would nissan stop making any cars in Japan. That's just stupid. They are based there and they will always be. Bringing production to the US will just lower costs of producing these cars.
If you had used the search feature you would know that this had already been posted.

Go back to your hole newbie. [img]
http://www.dream2kr.com/smilies/squintfinger.gif[/img]
DAMN, someone just got told.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: YONGJUN

Originally posted by 00Semaxi

Don't mess with the newbie hater
Old 10-11-2001, 10:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: YONGJUN

Originally posted by 00Semaxi

hahahahahh
Old 10-11-2001, 11:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: YONGJUN

Don't mess with the newbie hater
you didnt mess with me when i was a newbie a year ago
Old 10-11-2001, 11:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: YONGJUN

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

you didnt mess with me when i was a newbie a year ago
Me and Kev both did.
Use the search feature
Old 10-11-2001, 11:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: YONGJUN

Me and Kev both did.
Use the search feature :kiss
YJ i feel smart now
Old 10-12-2001, 12:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: YONGJUN

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

YJ i feel smart now
I'm just kidding
Old 10-12-2001, 08:18 AM

AMOC

Old 10-12-2001, 08:53 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

man, you guys are rough.

who cares?

Duplicate posts are gonna happen no matter what. All you have to do is say kindly, "this has been posted already, but thanks for the info anyways :-)" Plus, maybe some of the other people here (like me) that aren't here as much didn't know this already and it was good to know and learn. If you've already read it or read a previous post about it then just don't reply...

Chill out and have a Bud or something...

(Just my $0.02)
Old 10-12-2001, 09:45 AM

True... we should take a chill pill. It does get a little annoying when someone, usually newbies, comes along one week later with a "scoop." And again. Did you hear that the Maxima is coming out with a 6 speed!!!!

Originally posted by SteVTEC
man, you guys are rough.
who cares?
Duplicate posts are gonna happen no matter what.

Old 10-13-2001, 07:39 PM

Look youngin

Suck it!
Old 10-13-2001, 08:37 PM

steVTEC is right. calm down.

why read the post if you dont care about the subject? does it really bug you that much to see a duplicate post? you should be glad that there are newbies here (which means that youre drawing new people into the forum), not ****ed at them (us) for having duplicate posts.
Old 10-15-2001, 10:08 AM

My thoughts exactly (Thanks guys!)

I don't know why it still says "newbie" beside my name because I come on here once week and I've had this account for longer than a year.
Anyway, being that I only come on here every blue moon, and I have better stuff to do with my time, I don't read back 10 days worth of posts. You guys are right, if you've already read something about a perticular subject, why read it again; furthermore, waste more of your time replying to the message? Makes no sense. I gues some guys on here have a lot of time on their hands (or something else ).
Old 10-15-2001, 12:44 PM

Re: My thoughts exactly (Thanks guys!)

I don't know why it still says "newbie" beside my name because I come on here once week and I've had this account for longer than a year.
Anyway, being that I only come on here every blue moon, and I have better stuff to do with my time, I don't read back 10 days worth of posts. You guys are right, if you've already read something about a perticular subject, why read it again; furthermore, waste more of your time replying to the message? Makes no sense. I gues some guys on here have a lot of time on their hands (or something else ).
That would be a smart thing to do....but not everyone on here is as intelligent as you would think! KCMax....don't worry about this type of ****! Most people here have good things to say and nicely contribute to the conversation. Yongjun is an exception! Think of him as a post *****...and he will reply with stupid little symbols, and carry on with 20 posts that have nothing to do with the subject. He will also bash someone on here without any care in the world...as if you pooped in his living room or something! See the wonderful thing is...if you ignore people like that...they go away!