5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 03:47 PM
Custommaxima.com

5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

Just wanted to let me 5th gen peeps know that you can now get the grille that so many people are talking about. These are the newest item on CustomMaxima.com. They are inexpensive and look great. If you have any questions about email me at Greg@CustomMaxima.com

Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com

Old 10-11-2001, 03:52 PM

Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
Just wanted to let me 5th gen peeps know that you can now get the grille that so many people are talking about. These are the newest item on CustomMaxima.com. They are inexpensive and look great. If you have any questions about email me at Greg@CustomMaxima.com

Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com
What grille? I couldn't find it on the site
Old 10-11-2001, 03:53 PM
PhatGuy

Hey the new site looks great! Keep up the awesome work!

Old 10-11-2001, 04:12 PM

Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

DUH!!! Try the 'NEW ITEMS' link...

Be advised, you do have to cut your old grill with this mod. It was nice for Nissan to make everything ONE FRIGGIN’ PIECE!!! Errrr...

ADMAN
Old 10-11-2001, 04:14 PM

Re: Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

Originally posted by adman

Be advised, you do have to cut your old grill with this mod. It was nice for Nissan to make everything ONE FRIGGIN’ PIECE!!! Errrr...

ADMAN
calm down
Old 10-11-2001, 04:24 PM
JET Speed Lab

Re: Re: Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
calm down
hes an angry camper...
Old 10-11-2001, 04:54 PM

wow it looks sweet! looks more agressive
Old 10-11-2001, 05:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

New grille looks slighty rice. Might look better in person.

I find a lot of the images you guys post give a distorted view of the Maxima. Like in some guys' pictures, the Max looks like it's long and lean. In other pictures, it looks short and squat. Maybe add a reference object to your images.

I wish we could widen the front grille area and make it look more like the Skyline GT-R front.
Old 10-11-2001, 05:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This price is a rip-off

No offense to CustomMaxima.com, but come on now! $120 for the main grill and $100 for the lower one? That is $220 PLUS shipping for this grill. THAT IS $247 shipped.

Now if you want to do NOT want to buy from Custommaxima.com and go straight through a company, you can purchase the WHOLE FREAGIN' SET for guess how much?

Really GUESS!

$200 plus shipping at a total of probably $220 shipped!

I thought CustomMaxima.com was supposed to be a place where you can get low discount GROUP BUY deals. That aint no group deal to me.

Not FLAMMING at custommaxima, but just saying, most people on the board want to get the lowest price. REMEMBER, I did say NO OFFENSE to CustomMaxima.com. So save you flames for someone else.

By the way, the site to get the Street Scene grill is RIGHT HERE

Dixit
Old 10-11-2001, 05:48 PM

Re: Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

ADMAN
It wasn't there when I first checked..or maybe I'm blind..
Old 10-11-2001, 05:56 PM

Grille and Valence

I have to agree,that's way too damn much money.I'll give you $60.00 for both,including shipping,what do you say?
Old 10-11-2001, 05:59 PM

Re: Grille and Valence

Originally posted by maddmaxx
I have to agree,that's way too damn much money.I'll give you $60.00 for both,including shipping,what do you say?
Ok...how bout no, that price is crazy
Old 10-11-2001, 06:42 PM

has anyone found out if the 2000-2001 grill will fit the 2k2 grill?
Old 10-11-2001, 06:50 PM

Dude, custommaxima was just trying to make a living by making a few bucks. He put effort into everything. Who here can say they do not need to earn money for food???

Plus, other stuff like clear corners and FSTB are selling for an extremely low price over there.....
Old 10-11-2001, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by LoveSick
Dude, custommaxima was just trying to make a living by making a few bucks. He put effort into everything. Who here can say they do not need to earn money for food???

Plus, other stuff like clear corners and FSTB are selling for an extremely low price over there.....
bigdogjonx is tryin to save us a few bucks.
dont tell me you would pay the extra 27
again no offense to custommaxima.com
Old 10-11-2001, 06:56 PM

but custommaxima could save us more than a few bucks if we buy suspension stuff from them.......
Old 10-11-2001, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by LoveSick
but custommaxima could save us more than a few bucks if we buy suspension stuff from them.......
huh? what r u talking about?
Old 10-11-2001, 07:03 PM

Exactly, That is all I am trying to do. The board is all about INFORMATION, not flamming.......
Old 10-11-2001, 08:29 PM
Custommaxima.com

Hold on a second, i did some research for a while on the internet to find the lowest price. the lowest price i found was 119 at Street scenes. I pretty muched matched their price. I always make sure my price is the lowest and if i find it lower some place else I adjust my price to be lower. I understand that you were not trying to flame me but realize I talked to streetscene directly and they told me that the majority of their sellers of that grill sell them for $130 and up.

You are right about the price of the valance being lower and I am not sure how they sell if so cheap. That is below my price. By the way that is not the manufacturers website they are just a company that sells their products.

The website for the manufacturer of the grills for 2000+ maximas is http://www.streetsceneeq.com/

I will look into getting a better price for all you on the valance.
Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com

Old 10-11-2001, 10:32 PM

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
Hold on a second, i did some research for a while on the internet to find the lowest price. the lowest price i found was 119 at Street scenes. I pretty muched matched their price. I always make sure my price is the lowest and if i find it lower some place else I adjust my price to be lower. I understand that you were not trying to flame me but realize I talked to streetscene directly and they told me that the majority of their sellers of that grill sell them for $130 and up.

You are right about the price of the valance being lower and I am not sure how they sell if so cheap. That is below my price. By the way that is not the manufacturers website they are just a company that sells their products.

The website for the manufacturer of the grills for 2000+ maximas is http://www.streetsceneeq.com/

I will look into getting a better price for all you on the valance.
Thanks,

We need a 5th gen FSTB from custommaxima.com besides STILLENs
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com
Old 10-11-2001, 11:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

Originally posted by Ludacris

It wasn't there when I first checked..or maybe I'm blind..
REMIND ME TO STAY OFF THE ROAD THEN!!!

ADMAN
Old 10-12-2001, 03:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

REMIND ME TO STAY OFF THE ROAD THEN!!!

ADMAN
Old 10-12-2001, 04:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

I paid 240.00 for both pieces! I am not complaining though!

Old 10-12-2001, 05:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

Originally posted by rocketshipon19"
I paid 240.00 for both pieces! I am not complaining though!

Do you really have a 2002 Escalade?
Old 10-12-2001, 06:45 PM

Does anyone know how the valance attaches to the car?? Also has anyone painted one or does it come in black ?? Thanks for help....
Old 10-12-2001, 07:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

no hes just lieing
Old 10-12-2001, 10:11 PM

Dude I can't believe you guys are not supporting your fellow Maxima driver and provider of phat mods! Come on man, sure you could buy your stuff from somewhere else, but who knows WTF they'll do with your stuff?!? I bought some GTS headlight covers like 2 weeks ago from some site and I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN THEM! You've all heard of or have experienced online shopping horror stories (I've had my share with all the computer components I buy)...so even if you do pay $20 more, it's worth it if you don't have to put up with bull$hit down the line!

On top of that, I'm sure all you guys wish us Max drivers had as many options as those loser Civic/Accord/Integra drivers when it comes to modding...the fact is, that the market is just not as big for the Maxima...in that sense, CustomMaxima is helping us to expand our options and maybe let other shops/manufacturers know that there IS a market for Max mods.

I wouldn't hesitate one second to buy from CustomMax...I can't believe you guys are whining about $20! Sure it's your money, but think about it, you KNOW who you're buying from...is the security worth it? I think so. Yeah, yeah BigDog trying to save us a few $$, but you don't expect CustomMax to sell his parts making any profit do you!?!?
Old 10-12-2001, 11:03 PM

Originally posted by NJ_MAX2000
I wouldn't hesitate one second to buy from CustomMax...
have u bought from him b4? i had a far from smooth purchase ...
Old 10-12-2001, 11:18 PM

Well I got a faulty product too, but a few emails later I figured out how to fix it
Old 10-13-2001, 10:29 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by NJ_MAX2000
Dude I can't believe you guys are not supporting your fellow Maxima driver and provider of phat mods! Come on man, sure you could buy your stuff from somewhere else, but who knows WTF they'll do with your stuff?!? I bought some GTS headlight covers like 2 weeks ago from some site and I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN THEM! You've all heard of or have experienced online shopping horror stories (I've had my share with all the computer components I buy)...so even if you do pay $20 more, it's worth it if you don't have to put up with bull$hit down the line!

On top of that, I'm sure all you guys wish us Max drivers had as many options as those loser Civic/Accord/Integra drivers when it comes to modding...the fact is, that the market is just not as big for the Maxima...in that sense, CustomMaxima is helping us to expand our options and maybe let other shops/manufacturers know that there IS a market for Max mods.

I wouldn't hesitate one second to buy from CustomMax...I can't believe you guys are whining about $20! Sure it's your money, but think about it, you KNOW who you're buying from...is the security worth it? I think so. Yeah, yeah BigDog trying to save us a few $$, but you don't expect CustomMax to sell his parts making any profit do you!?!?
agreed and i would.
Old 10-13-2001, 10:39 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

Yeah I have a 2002 Escalade. I'll take pics of all of my cars and use it in my sig! Why do you ask?

Old 10-13-2001, 11:53 AM

GUYS, that looks real bad. It looks a little weird with the hood, well at least to me. The hood looks out of place. Plus the pricing is ridiculous. I have 2 mesh pieces, diamond cut, I think 18 gauge, for 100, which looks way better than the grill in custom maxima. You need to do the same procedure, cutting out the old grill and putting this one in, but I think it would look much better. I customed it on my own car, and I'll put up pics ASAP, I have to find a camera first. Again, if your interested, email me at X012345@aol.com.

RPNY
Old 10-13-2001, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by ReprEsenTin NY
GUYS, that looks real bad. It looks a little weird with the hood, well at least to me. The hood looks out of place. Plus the pricing is ridiculous. I have 2 mesh pieces, diamond cut, I think 18 gauge, for 100, which looks way better than the grill in custom maxima. You need to do the same procedure, cutting out the old grill and putting this one in, but I think it would look much better. I customed it on my own car, and I'll put up pics ASAP, I have to find a camera first. Again, if your interested, email me at X012345@aol.com.

RPNY
You got any pics of what it looks like?
Old 10-13-2001, 03:45 PM
JET Speed Lab

i may get the bottom part.
Old 10-13-2001, 04:17 PM

Valance Grille

Guys,
I have the street scene grille on my 2001 Max and didn't pay that much money for it either. The grille was a pain in the *** to install but looks beautifull. I had ordered the valance as well, but didn't like the way it would look on my car so I left it off. If anyone is interested on purchasing a new valance, notify me via-email and I will sell for a good price. I don't want to make any profit out of the valance, but I do need the space in my garage.

Also, if you decide to buy the maine grille, leave the Nissan emblem off. I feel it looks sweeter.

Later

titot
Old 10-13-2001, 04:24 PM

Re: Valance Grille

am I missing s/t? or did u just post a pic of a pure stock car?

Originally posted by titot4u
Guys,
I have the street scene grille on my 2001 Max and didn't pay that much money for it either. The grille was a pain in the *** to install but looks beautifull. I had ordered the valance as well, but didn't like the way it would look on my car so I left it off. If anyone is interested on purchasing a new valance, notify me via-email and I will sell for a good price. I don't want to make any profit out of the valance, but I do need the space in my garage.

Also, if you decide to buy the maine grille, leave the Nissan emblem off. I feel it looks sweeter.

Later

titot
Old 10-13-2001, 04:52 PM

Re: Valance Grille

Originally posted by titot4u
Guys,

Later

titot

How does it attach, the valance?? What color and how $$$$??
Old 10-13-2001, 05:00 PM

Re: Re: Valance Grille

Originally posted by killrwheels

How does it attach, the valance?? What color and how $$$$??
With clips. Bare aluminum (gray). Approx. $100.00
Old 10-13-2001, 05:16 PM

Originally posted by ReprEsenTin NY
GUYS, that looks real bad. It looks a little weird with the hood, well at least to me. The hood looks out of place.
That's a pic of my car on CustomMaxima.com with the speed grilles. There is a Carflector (hood deflector) attached at the front of the hood to reduce stone chips. That's probably why it looks a bit out of place, I agree. I didn't want to continue to repair/paint the chips every month, because I put approx. 24-30K miles on the car a year. The large chips were down to the metal, beginning to rust, and approx. the size of a pencil eraser. I had about ten of em after only 6-9 months of driving on highways. I'd like to throw on a carbon fiber hood, once I find a good quality one, or get a quality paintjob, so that I can eliminate the carflector. It's kinda unsightly and ruins the smooth lines and clean look of the car. Thanx for the comments and criticisms.

Peace,
Rich
Old 10-13-2001, 05:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com

Damn! What do you do for a living? I need to work for private industry or something. My Federal salary allows me to get one lowly GXE. I guess you drive the Maxima when you need to park in a bad area? LOL.

2001 Acura CL Type S, 2000 Maxima, 2002 Cadillac Escalade.

Originally posted by rocketshipon19"
Yeah I have a 2002 Escalade. I'll take pics of all of my cars and use it in my sig! Why do you ask?

Quick Reply: 5th Gen Grille Now Available at CustomMaxima.com