5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cattman G4 Coilovers Installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 05:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Cattman G4 Coilovers Installed!!!!

Sup Fellas,

I've had em sittin in the garage for a couple of weeks before I put them in while I was looking for a reputable place to install them...heres my preliminary synopsis!

They are very easily adjustable,...you do have to take the tires off to raise or lower the car but that should only take a little while and it can be done by hand. When the coilovers were installed initially, they left me with a bit of a "toe-out" because the cambers had to adjusted to accomodate the new parts. So I've had the coilovers on for a few days but I do need to get the camber adjusted and then I'll wait about another week or so for the car to "settle" before I get it aligned. The parts were machined beautifully the guys at the install shop could'nt stop talking about the craftsmanship and commented that they were some of the best coilovers they'd come across. The install was a bit tricky with the Stillen FSB we had to shave down the bolts but Brian Catts was very supportive and gave me his cell phone# so we had it when we needed advice/help with the install. The ride is great too! I have no rattles, squeaks, clicks or anything...so far after the first few days, I'm pretty happy! Holla..

Deac
Old 10-16-2001, 07:39 AM

Re: Cattman G4 Coilovers Installed!!!!

Thanks for the info Deac, how is the ride is it rough, or harsh, is it bearable, what setting do you have it at, how much was the drop? Thanks
Old 10-16-2001, 09:19 AM
PRINCE NISMO

CONGRATS !..........You lucky Dawg. And can you keep us informed if you have any problems? I want a set bad but I just want to make sure that Cattman final has the set-up correct, don't want any surprises in a week after installing them.

Old 10-16-2001, 09:45 AM

Re: Re: Cattman G4 Coilovers Installed!!!!

Originally posted by The New CLIMAX
Thanks for the info Deac, how is the ride is it rough, or harsh, is it bearable, what setting do you have it at, how much was the drop? Thanks
I have low profile tires so...the ride was a little bumpy from that already but I hvae'nt noticed much of a difference since I've had the coilovers on! As a matter of fact, the handling is a bit more stable with the drop (2.0 front, 1.2 back approx) and it feels like the ride is smoother! I like it so far!!!

Deac
Old 10-16-2001, 10:16 AM

Re: Re: Re: Cattman G4 Coilovers Installed!!!!

Originally posted by Deac

I have low profile tires so...the ride was a little bumpy from that already but I hvae'nt noticed much of a difference since I've had the coilovers on! As a matter of fact, the handling is a bit more stable with the drop (2.0 front, 1.2 back approx) and it feels like the ride is smoother! I like it so far!!!

Deac
Are you comparing the ride to eibach's? If so, what struts did you have with your old setup. I'm glad they're working great so far
Old 10-16-2001, 03:14 PM

Thats good to hear...I can't wait for my car to get back to me and get the new peices (where are they anyway?) and get them on.
Old 10-17-2001, 06:11 AM

I was stock before...

Originally posted by max'n out
Thats good to hear...I can't wait for my car to get back to me and get the new peices (where are they anyway?) and get them on.
I've had the stock setup on since I've had the car...and I've hated that front tire gap in the front wheel well the whole time!!! I went to the G4's nowand I like it alot...no complaints here...just a bit tricky on the install...but once they're on, they work great!