5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Double-Din Dash Kit???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 06:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Double-Din Dash Kit???

I have a full size radio and a full size EQ and I've had trouble finding the dash-kit that accommodate my system. I have them installed now but mydash looks kinda sloppy! I'm told that Nissan does make a double-din dash-kit for the 5th Gen...only problem is, every Nissan parts dept I call...they treat me like I'm talking russioan or something! Like they dont even know what I'm talking about! I need a double-din dash-kit for my car so both my radio and my eq will sit flush in my dashboard. Does anyone know the Nissan part# that I need to ask for this? Or can some one tell me where I can get an aftermarket double-din dash-kit? Need help fellas...holla back!

Deac
Old 10-16-2001, 06:27 AM

Re: Double-Din Dash Kit???

Originally posted by Deac
I have a full size radio and a full size EQ and I've had trouble finding the dash-kit that accommodate my system. I have them installed now but mydash looks kinda sloppy! I'm told that Nissan does make a double-din dash-kit for the 5th Gen...only problem is, every Nissan parts dept I call...they treat me like I'm talking russioan or something! Like they dont even know what I'm talking about! I need a double-din dash-kit for my car so both my radio and my eq will sit flush in my dashboard. Does anyone know the Nissan part# that I need to ask for this? Or can some one tell me where I can get an aftermarket double-din dash-kit? Need help fellas...holla back!

Deac
call Dave B. Ask him for the GXE air vents and he will know what you are talking about. That's who I ordered mine from. Here's a pic of what it will look like (minus the dash kit)
Old 10-16-2001, 09:54 AM

Re: Re: Double-Din Dash Kit???

Originally posted by ispeed

call Dave B. Ask him for the GXE air vents and he will know what you are talking about. That's who I ordered mine from. Here's a pic of what it will look like (minus the dash kit)
I dont know if thats it!! Shouldn't it have the two full size DIN compartments built in so that the radio and eq can set right into each one independently? What kind of system do you have...did it work with yours? Let me know and I also need Dave B's tn# again!! Thanx...
Old 10-16-2001, 03:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: Double-Din Dash Kit???

I dont know if thats it!! Shouldn't it have the two full size DIN compartments built in so that the radio and eq can set right into each one independently? What kind of system do you have...did it work with yours? Let me know and I also need Dave B's tn# again!! Thanx...

uhm ... it does have a 2 din hole. if you look at it the hole under the vents is a 2 din hole. I personally have a single din unit installed in there. you can see it on my homepage. i like the look of the gxe kit better than any aftermarket kit. dave's number is in the stickies. i don't remember it right off, but you can find it there. From what you are describing on the install of your components, this is the piece you need.
Old 10-16-2001, 03:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Double-Din Dash Kit???

THERE is a company that makes a double din kit... Soon as bigdogjnx gets on he can tell you about it.. I found it first but forgot the website it is on..

Adam
Old 10-16-2001, 03:49 PM

Re: Double-Din Dash Kit???

Deac
next time tell him these magic words "pozhalysta" why would you need a dash kit aka "vent" if one came with the car already?
Old 10-16-2001, 05:13 PM

Scosche makes a kit for the 01 maxima. I just orderd mine through Sounddomain.com

You can go to Scosche.com to see pics. You can put 2 single din units in or 1 double din. I have the Double Din JVC. Scosche has it for like $20 shipped. SOunddomain is like $10 shipped. Mine is due to arive tomorow!
Old 10-16-2001, 11:44 PM

you could make one yourself out of the gxe a/c vents.. just go to a local plastic company, buy a peice of plastic that is black and is big enough to cover the big hole, and then trace it, then cut two rectangles out for where your deck/eq would go and there u go.. a pretty custom dash kit.. that's what i did.. it works fine..
Old 10-16-2001, 11:58 PM

Originally posted by ItalianMax2kSE
Scosche makes a kit for the 01 maxima. I just orderd mine through Sounddomain.com

You can go to Scosche.com to see pics. You can put 2 single din units in or 1 double din. I have the Double Din JVC. Scosche has it for like $20 shipped. SOunddomain is like $10 shipped. Mine is due to arive tomorow!
Thats the site......... I was going to post it, but Italian Stalion got it done first.
Old 10-17-2001, 11:38 AM

The GXE kit doesn't work with the GLE and SE's. Both punkdork and i had that problem, it's to short and dosesn't sit flush w/ the climate controls.

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

Thats the site......... I was going to post it, but Italian Stalion got it done first.
Old 10-17-2001, 03:07 PM

Just ordered one from Schosche...

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

I just ordered one from Scosche...Thanx for the advice guys! We'll see if everything fits ok now! I'll keep everyone posted!
Old 10-17-2001, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by rocketshipon19"
The GXE kit doesn't work with the GLE and SE's. Both punkdork and i had that problem, it's to short and dosesn't sit flush w/ the climate controls.
NOt sure what you are talking about. I have a SE and I got the GXE VENT kit from nissan.. Fits Perfect.

GXE Vent Kit ON SE.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:54 PM

i got my Scoshe kit today from Sounddomain.com and it fits perfect and looks great. Almost stock. The color is the grey color of the vents. Hope to have pics up by the weekend. Looks very nice. Head unit fits better in my 2K1 then it did in my 98.
Old 10-17-2001, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by rocketshipon19"

Think I might know why ...

There is a clip on the bottom portion of the vent. Right in the center is a clip that fits onto the climate controls that hold this down. Reason I know ... it had it on there before and when I took it off the last time I heard it snap off. It apparantly went flying into the nether regions of the dash since I can't find it, and now the kit is doing what you are describing. I will go the Nissan Dealership in the next couple of weeks and pick up a new clip to fix the problem.
Old 10-27-2001, 07:19 AM

Originally posted by ispeed

Think I might know why ...

There is a clip on the bottom portion of the vent. Right in the center is a clip that fits onto the climate controls that hold this down. Reason I know ... it had it on there before and when I took it off the last time I heard it snap off. It apparantly went flying into the nether regions of the dash since I can't find it, and now the kit is doing what you are describing. I will go the Nissan Dealership in the next couple of weeks and pick up a new clip to fix the problem.

hey ispeed, i was wondering if you got another clip and if it fit in your SE? i'm interested in picking one of the GXE dashes up from dave b. also, do you remember how much you paid?? thanks
Old 10-27-2001, 07:28 AM

Originally posted by Jeff2k1GLE

hey ispeed, i was wondering if you got another clip and if it fit in your SE? i'm interested in picking one of the GXE dashes up from dave b. also, do you remember how much you paid?? thanks
After all you guys helpful info, i went with the Scosche-Kit. There are two main differences with the Nissan kit and the Scosche...#1 is the price...Nissan's is about $100 and the only difference between it and the Scosche kit is that Nissan's comes with the vents! The Scosche kit is only $15 and its just the dash kit...I had it installed and it looks really clean and professional! Looks just the same as the stock kit would....so save yourself the money and get the Scosche one...I'll post some pics of the install on my web-site probably next week!

Deac
Old 10-27-2001, 07:36 AM

After all you guys helpful info, i went with the Scosche-Kit. There are two main differences with the Nissan kit and the Scosche...#1 is the price...Nissan's is about $100 and the only difference between it and the Scosche kit is that Nissan's comes with the vents! The Scosche kit is only $15 and its just the dash kit...I had it installed and it looks really clean and professional! Looks just the same as the stock kit would....so save yourself the money and get the Scosche one...I'll post some pics of the install on my web-site probably next week!

Deac
thanks for the input.. the color matches up too??
Old 10-28-2001, 06:16 AM

Originally posted by Jeff2k1GLE

thanks for the input.. the color matches up too??

The color is the same color as the vents are. It matches nice and my double din sits in their very nice.

I got mine from sounddomain.com

I think for $8-$10

Cheaper then Scosche.com