5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

One last thread for my suspension problem...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 01:01 PM

One last thread for my suspension problem...

Alright I still have not got the right size axle and now I have even found some people that have the same description of the problem but replaced the axles and it didn't fix it...heres my description...

The problem has gotten worse to where instead of only under load the car does it almost 100% of the time!!! Alright you know how some M/T cars jerk sort of when you let off well mine jerks like crazy!!! If I let off the gas it goes clunk, and it feels like I slam on the brakes or something, and then whenever I'm costing in a gear and then give the car any type of throttle (light/floored) the car slams back and makes a clunking noise...the vibration has gotten to be unbarable to the point where I don't even drive my Maxima any more, and the left axle now pops so I know it needs to be replaced but I originally thought it was the passenger side Also a while ago when I was driving down my road I noticed a sort of squeeling from my wheel but this is the first time this has done this and I have not heard it since...I'm so confused and once again if anyone thinks they have a solution please let me know....
Old 01-23-2008, 01:22 PM

The clunk could be a bad motor mount or the clutch slipping and catching the squeel could be a wheel bearing.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:29 PM

well it didn't start doing any of this stuff as bad until I lowered the car then it got bad...also I jacked up the car and I can move the axle slightly and when I rotate the rotor I can see some play inside the boot and it makes sort of a popping noise so I am going to replace that for sure, and if that doesn't fix it I will look into some motor mounts.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
--+--

Did you check your wheel bearings? Theres a poll out there about wheel bearings going bad after lowering. And +1 on changing the CV boot and joint as soon as possible. You don't want the boot to tear an sling that grease all around up in there. We had to change two of them on our 92 accord and its nice if you can catch them before they break.