5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Easy race. Why do they even bother?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 03:28 PM
Very sound, Mike

Easy race. Why do they even bother?

This one was pretty funny.

I was crusing at 40mph when i notice on my rear view mirror this black 2000 Civic w/ wheels/lowered and what sounded like some sort of exhaust.

I didn't think anything of it when he zoomed on my left side and just when he got right beside me slowed down drastically.

He then revved his engine (which hints is probably a 5 spd). I looked at him and he nodded. I didn't want to do anything at first but he kept revving and it was annoying the heck out of me. At this point i've already slowed down to 30mph to show him i wasn't interested.

Eventually however i grew tired of his annoyance. So i looked at him and nodded back. The moment i did that he seemed to have tried downshifting (open windows) and i looked back on the road in front of me.

I decided to let the Auto do it's magic. Put the pedal to the metal and had the tranny shift to what felt like 2nd gear. The max growled all the way up to 5000 rpm screeching the tires and next thing i knew i zoomed ahead faster than i've ever experienced in this car (Must have also been the cooler temperatures outside).

Well, in less than what seemed like a second or two i already had him beat by 3-4 Car lengths. It was over as soon as it started.

Found it funny that he even bothered.

On another note, it seems everyone wants to race with the 02 Max. This is not the first time i had someone harass me on the road wanting to race.

I just wished they'd give up.
Old 10-29-2001, 03:46 PM
Got Bent?

hehe... nice

the cold definitely makes a difference... It was around 40 degrees in the morning here.... it felt really quick today....
Old 10-29-2001, 03:49 PM

Re: Easy race. Why do they even bother?

Originally posted by soundmike
This one was pretty funny.

I was crusing at 40mph when i notice on my rear view mirror this black 2000 Civic w/ wheels/lowered and what sounded like some sort of exhaust.

I didn't think anything of it when he zoomed on my left side and just when he got right beside me slowed down drastically.

He then revved his engine (which hints is probably a 5 spd). I looked at him and he nodded. I didn't want to do anything at first but he kept revving and it was annoying the heck out of me. At this point i've already slowed down to 30mph to show him i wasn't interested.

Eventually however i grew tired of his annoyance. So i looked at him and nodded back. The moment i did that he seemed to have tried downshifting (open windows) and i looked back on the road in front of me.

I decided to let the Auto do it's magic. Put the pedal to the metal and had the tranny shift to what felt like 2nd gear. The max growled all the way up to 5000 rpm screeching the tires and next thing i knew i zoomed ahead faster than i've ever experienced in this car (Must have also been the cooler temperatures outside).

Well, in less than what seemed like a second or two i already had him beat by 3-4 Car lengths. It was over as soon as it started.

Found it funny that he even bothered.

On another note, it seems everyone wants to race with the 02 Max. This is not the first time i had someone harass me on the road wanting to race.

I just wished they'd give up.
Riceboys!
Old 10-29-2001, 03:59 PM

Re: Easy race. Why do they even bother?

Riceboys are smart enough to realize that the 02 Maxima is hella fast. Maybe he wanted to see how his car stacked up? Either way good (if easy) kill
Old 10-29-2001, 04:03 PM

Nice Kill!!

Nice Kill!!

Now that it is getting cooler here in Utah, my car does seem to be running with a lot more power...the car feels so much more torquey...now I can stomp on it and unlike in the middle of the summer, my car just takes off...I think I'm starting to like this fall weather
Old 10-29-2001, 05:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I race anyone who wants to race me...call me crazy but i dont avoid racing even if I know Ill problably lose, its always good to know exactly where you stand w/ all other vehicles..as for cars I know Ill stomp Ill still race them, because after all they probably think they stand a chance and when you kill em they now understand what the MAXIMA is all about!!! dont get me wrong I wont race the same goober over and over who Ive all ready slaughtered once.... but hey thers alot of ricers out there who need to be put in theie place!
and besides all that I LOVE TO RACE!!!!
Old 10-29-2001, 05:48 PM
nc00max

I can understand about taking what you can get. There's a lot of people around here who like to race, but usually it's S-10s, N/A Eclipses, Civiv HB's, and a lot of V6 F-bodies. It may not be as exciting, but it's still fun to play around. Especially when you happen upon 2 other cars about to race, like I did today. Integra GS vs. an Eclipse GS. Then along came the Maxima, waving as he flew by...