5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Stillen RSB on sale...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 03:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Stillen RSB on sale...

I don't know how low the price gets at all the middle-man suppliers, but Avalon Racing has advertised $242 for some time off of $269 by Stillen and I think that's been the only consistant deal...so FYI...Stillen is running it on sale at $239 right now. So, those of you concerned about the six extra value meals you can buy with that $30 discount or the two apple pies and coke you can buy with the $3 discount off Avalon's price...it would seem now is the time to buy. Those of you ready to buy who don't care about the $30...still nice to get something on sale.

Maybe it gets cheaper some places, though. I didn't search too hard for the cheapest price...I think I just randomly hit the sale and wanted to inform because information is power and knowing is half the battle.

Cheers!
Old 10-31-2001, 03:20 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Yo Joe! Thanks for the info, I'm sure many people were looking for a good deal on the RSB's.
Old 10-31-2001, 03:37 PM
PhatGuy

I think ohboiya has one for sale too!

Old 10-31-2001, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Yo Joe! Thanks for the info, I'm sure many people were looking for a good deal on the RSB's.
The Catmann RSB is only $119 plus $18 in shipping. To me I think a RSB is a RSB. Aint much difference, it is a freagin piece of metal.
Old 10-31-2001, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
The Catmann RSB is only $119 plus $18 in shipping. To me I think a RSB is a RSB. Aint much difference, it is a freagin piece of metal.
Doesn't Catmann just sell the Addco? I must have missed something if not. I avoided the Addco due to negative posts on this board about those over the past several months.
Old 10-31-2001, 03:44 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Yup, he doesn't sell the Stillen RSB.
Old 10-31-2001, 03:45 PM
Got Bent?

hmmmm..... price has gone up a lot on the RSB

...at least since when I got mine
Old 10-31-2001, 03:46 PM

Originally posted by Michael98033

Doesn't Catmann just sell the Addco? I must have missed something if not. I avoided the Addco due to negative posts on this board about those over the past several months.
Yeah but clee showed how to fix that, it was just a bracket that was a tad too long, all you need to do is hack down.

Come on now, aint nothing wrong with ghetto rigging a whole rack of stuff on your car.

Dixit
Old 10-31-2001, 03:51 PM

Yeah but clee showed how to fix that, it was just a bracket that was a tad too long, all you need to do is hack down.

Come on now, aint nothing wrong with ghetto rigging a whole rack of stuff on your car.

Dixit
Hey, whatever your pleasure. I don't discriminate...to ghetto rig or not to ghetto rig...that is the question.
Old 10-31-2001, 03:57 PM

well any of you guys dealt with $tillen, they are , , I feel like I always talk to the meanest one there, anyhow you said to get them directly from stillen they are on sale now.... what about GR RAcing he usualy has stillen stuff at good prices???
Old 10-31-2001, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by hanskloss
well any of you guys dealt with $tillen, they are , , I feel like I always talk to the meanest one there, anyhow you said to get them directly from stillen they are on sale now.... what about GR RAcing he usualy has stillen stuff at good prices???
Call Adam... 800-576-2131 Ext.#138 ...at Stillen. He was a pretty nice guy.
Old 10-31-2001, 05:40 PM

i thought they discontinued / recalled all the addco rsb's? i thought I read a thread a couple weeks back ...
Old 10-31-2001, 06:07 PM

Originally posted by ohboiya
i thought they discontinued / recalled all the addco rsb's? i thought I read a thread a couple weeks back ...
The addco theyve been selling for all 4th and 5th gens were 4th gen sway bars!!! Thats why it never fit without a "ghetto hack job". they are supposedly making a 5th get sway but guess what the price is? $224$!! (or close too it!) at that price, clearly the o.g. stillen is the way to go. I like the 239 price and i think thats the way to go.

Peace.

Dr.Omed HID#4.
Old 10-31-2001, 06:46 PM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by hanskloss
what about GR RAcing he usualy has stillen stuff at good prices???
Phuong is a good guy to get stillen stuff from.... great to deal with and gives you good prices also...
Old 10-31-2001, 10:31 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

As Dixit said, a RSB is a RSB as long as it works. It's not as though you can see it like a FSTB to justify $tealins' nice looking bar.

I would just like to let you guys know, Cattman is currently working on a RSB. It's the Addco bar with poly bushings, but he's going to make his own mounting plates that eliminate ALL the problems people have been discussing with the current Addco RSB. The current 4th gen bars that were sold to 5th gens had junk u-bolts that need "persuading" to fit right.

If you know Cattmans' products, they are high quality and sometimes pricey, because he tends to overbuild things. A good example is his highly complex/expensive coilovers and sick overtower billet mounts. Very nice pieces from an Engineering standpoint, but out of reach for most of us. The only problem with Brian is that he is a small business and has limited resources, such as NOT having a 5th gen to develop products on. However, he and I have been discussing these ideas recently and he is interested in using my car for developing his RSB, FSTB, and 4th-to-5th gen KYBs. So, don't go out and jump on this so called "deal" for a $tealin RSB to save $3 or whatever over Avalons' normal pricing, because you might regret it when Cattmans' RSB comes out for around $120.

I hope to have more news in the next 2-weeks, so I'll keep ya posted.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:22 AM

Re: ...

Originally posted by IceY2K1
because you might regret it when Cattmans' RSB comes out for around $120.

I thought they are already selling the RSB for $120? or are they selling a ADDCO RSB?
Old 11-01-2001, 09:18 AM

Re: Re: ...

I thought they are already selling the RSB for $120? or are they selling a ADDCO RSB?
I believe I recently checked Cattmans' website and it said they were no longer available due to supplier issues.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I saw the same thing when I checked Cattman's site for the RSB.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:51 AM

Cattmans' RSB is an Addco RSB, but he has it painted "Cattman Black" and adds the optional polyurethane bushings.
Old 11-01-2001, 10:35 AM

The problem with the Addco Rsb was that the U-bolt that attaches to the trailer arm was too small. Some have suggested tapping/banging them on but I thought that wasn't such a good idea. I then called Addco and they did admit that they received several calls regarding this. They made new U-bolts that fit perfect. It took a little while to get the new parts because they sent it to the wrong address but when I called in to check for an eta they sent me another set, next day air.

What they did was send u-bolts that were slightly wider to clear the trailer arms. There are four flat brackets, the new u-bolt will only clear 2 of them so you have to make sure that you test fit them or you'll have to learn the hard way. Now the brackets that wrap around the bushings are a different story. The new u-bolt will not fit unless you spread the bracket out a little. I did this by putting the bracket on a curb and tapping it with a hammer. It goes back to it's original shape anyway when you tighten the bolts.

In the end I'm happy I went with Addco because it only cost me $118 shipped. I can't believe the difference it made in handling.
Old 11-01-2001, 10:42 AM

hey .. i noticed u have permanent brake judder .. do u know about the TSB? they'll fix it for free ...

Originally posted by NuJerseyDrive
The problem with the Addco Rsb was that the U-bolt that attaches to the trailer arm was too small. Some have suggested tapping/banging them on but I thought that wasn't such a good idea. I then called Addco and they did admit that they received several calls regarding this. They made new U-bolts that fit perfect. It took a little while to get the new parts because they sent it to the wrong address but when I called in to check for an eta they sent me another set, next day air.

What they did was send u-bolts that were slightly wider to clear the trailer arms. There are four flat brackets, the new u-bolt will only clear 2 of them so you have to make sure that you test fit them or you'll have to learn the hard way. Now the brackets that wrap around the bushings are a different story. The new u-bolt will not fit unless you spread the bracket out a little. I did this by putting the bracket on a curb and tapping it with a hammer. It goes back to it's original shape anyway when you tighten the bolts.

In the end I'm happy I went with Addco because it only cost me $118 shipped. I can't believe the difference it made in handling.
Old 11-01-2001, 10:54 AM

Re: ...

As Dixit said, a RSB is a RSB as long as it works. It's not as though you can see it like a FSTB to justify $tealins' nice looking bar.

I would just like to let you guys know, Cattman is currently working on a RSB. It's the Addco bar with poly bushings, but he's going to make his own mounting plates that eliminate ALL the problems people have been discussing with the current Addco RSB. The current 4th gen bars that were sold to 5th gens had junk u-bolts that need "persuading" to fit right.

If you know Cattmans' products, they are high quality and sometimes pricey, because he tends to overbuild things. A good example is his highly complex/expensive coilovers and sick overtower billet mounts. Very nice pieces from an Engineering standpoint, but out of reach for most of us. The only problem with Brian is that he is a small business and has limited resources, such as NOT having a 5th gen to develop products on. However, he and I have been discussing these ideas recently and he is interested in using my car for developing his RSB, FSTB, and 4th-to-5th gen KYBs. So, don't go out and jump on this so called "deal" for a $tealin RSB to save $3 or whatever over Avalons' normal pricing, because you might regret it when Cattmans' RSB comes out for around $120.

Hey Ice!
Whats so funny about a removable change holder (ha ha!!) Let us in on the joke.

Thanx.

Dr.Omed HID#4.
Old 11-01-2001, 10:58 AM

Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by DrOmed

Hey Ice!
Whats so funny about a removable change holder (ha ha!!) Let us in on the joke.

Thanx.

Dr.Omed HID#4.
I just thought it was funny that I listed it as a mod. That was back when I didn't really have any mods.
Old 11-01-2001, 11:09 AM

Re: Re: Re: ...

I just thought it was funny that I listed it as a mod. That was back when I didn't really have any mods.
OH!
I thought you used it to stash p.o.t. now that would have been funny.
Old 11-01-2001, 11:13 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by DrOmed

OH!
I thought you used it to stash p.o.t. now that would have been funny.
Ugh..

Someones mind is in the gutter.
Old 11-01-2001, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by ohboiya
hey .. i noticed u have permanent brake judder .. do u know about the TSB? they'll fix it for free ...

Thanks for the heads up but I've been there, done that.
Rotor nightmare

I hate Nissan Service.