5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Indiglo step plates

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 09:28 PM
PhatGuy

Indiglo step plates

Anyone have these installed? How do you like them? How was the install? Also how do I remove the existing AE steps?

Old 11-04-2001, 09:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Indiglo step plates

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Anyone have these installed? How do you like them? How was the install? Also how do I remove the existing AE steps?
Couple people on the board got them, I think Rocketshipon19" gots them
Old 11-04-2001, 09:51 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

AE sills... you just pop them off with a screwdriver.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

I'll remember that the next time I borrow my friend's car!

ADMAN
Old 11-05-2001, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by adman

I'll remember that the next time I borrow my friend's car!

ADMAN
...or rent a car...
Old 11-05-2001, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by HulaMAX

...or rent a car...

Hmmmm...never thought about doin' that.

ADMAN
Old 11-05-2001, 01:27 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Dont even need that. Just work your fingertips under and they pop right off! Screwdriver is just another reason for me to scratch my car due to my clumsiness!
Old 11-05-2001, 02:01 PM
PhatGuy

Cool! How bout dem indiglo side steps? Someone must have them installed?

Old 11-05-2001, 03:17 PM

Re: Indiglo step plates

I've had em for about a month and a half now and everyone that see em in my car loves em...I've gotten many compliments on them....The kit gives you the 2 front ones only w/Indiglo...the rears are like the AE rears...just plain chrome.

Deac
Old 11-05-2001, 03:28 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Indiglo step plates

Originally posted by Deac

I've had em for about a month and a half now and everyone that see em in my car loves em...I've gotten many compliments on them....The kit gives you the 2 front ones only w/Indiglo...the rears are like the AE rears...just plain chrome.

Deac
So the front ones don't just glow they are actually powered? What was the install like on the front ones that are powered?

Old 11-05-2001, 03:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Indiglo step plates

So the front ones don't just glow they are actually powered? What was the install like on the front ones that are powered?
I'd be interested in finding this out too. Where'd you get them?
Old 11-05-2001, 05:29 PM

Deac
How did you wire them?
Old 11-06-2001, 12:10 AM
PhatGuy

Someone must have them installed?? I'm sure there are a lot of people interested in them if we could only get a little more feedback? This might sound stupid but exactly is being powered in the front ones? I can't imagine bulbs being in these things??

Old 11-06-2001, 12:15 AM
PhatGuy

Deac
I just checked your homepage and you have a really nice ride! Have you had an races lately? Let us know a lil more about those indiglo steps too!

Old 11-06-2001, 05:20 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Indiglo step plates

Originally posted by punkdork

I'd be interested in finding this out too. Where'd you get them?
Punkdork,

Here is some more info about the indiglo sills. I am not sure that it goes indepth regarding the wiring, but you could email the seller. They also sell indiglo pedals for the 5th gen.
out.
Old 11-06-2001, 01:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: Indiglo step plates

I just checked your homepage and you have a really nice ride! Have you had an races lately? Let us know a lil more about those indiglo steps too!
Thanx man...I appreciate it! Hope you left me some feedback on there...I've done a bunch of stuff since I did the page and I have to update it...ANYWAYS about the indiglo step-sides... I did actually let somebody install them for me because the kit didnt come with instructions and I'm not that good with that kinda stuff w/out instructions... The front door sills are powered so when you open the front doors they lights up...the rears just look like AE sills chrome. I think the guy wired them to the bulb in the door that lights up when you open the doors. I got them off EBAY...Just do a search under Nissan Maxima and they'll be in there somewhere...only dont bid on them...some bastard will run the price up on you! Just e-mail the guy..I think he owns a shop and he'll send them to you directly without having to bid....they're about $100.

Deac
Old 11-06-2001, 02:14 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Indiglo step plates

Thanx man...I appreciate it! Hope you left me some feedback on there...I've done a bunch of stuff since I did the page and I have to update it...ANYWAYS about the indiglo step-sides... I did actually let somebody install them for me because the kit didnt come with instructions and I'm not that good with that kinda stuff w/out instructions... The front door sills are powered so when you open the front doors they lights up...the rears just look like AE sills chrome. I think the guy wired them to the bulb in the door that lights up when you open the doors. I got them off EBAY...Just do a search under Nissan Maxima and they'll be in there somewhere...only dont bid on them...some bastard will run the price up on you! Just e-mail the guy..I think he owns a shop and he'll send them to you directly without having to bid....they're about $100.

Deac
I'm heading back to your site in a few! How long did it take your buddy to install the front ones? Are the wires visable and how did he run them to the door lights? What powers them? A bulb?

Old 11-06-2001, 02:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Indiglo step plates

I'm heading back to your site in a few! How long did it take your buddy to install the front ones? Are the wires visable and how did he run them to the door lights? What powers them? A bulb?
When you pop off the stock sills there are holes in the frame that you can just tuck the excess wire into. The guy did it in about an hour. There are small bulbs on the underside of the front sills to light them up. Its a kind of weird setup because the 2 front sills are connected by one wire that has a little transformer spliced into it to power the lights. I told him just to wire it to those stock door lights since that seemed like it would be the easiest way but now that I think about it...He did mention something about having to go into the battery...sorry about that. Not sure about exactly how. I'll find out though and let you guys know.

Deac
Old 11-06-2001, 04:15 PM

anyone have a write up on how to install these things i have a set that say maxima and have no clue how to put them in. thanks for any help?
Old 11-07-2001, 02:21 PM
PhatGuy

Found them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...525597&r=0&t=0

I emailed the guy a day or two ago with no reply. Where else are these avaiable? Install details would make a world of difference for any of purchasing.

Old 11-07-2001, 04:24 PM

try emailing this guy Xenonxenon168@aol.com this is who i got mine from he said they would rather deal with you off ebay, 100 buck for the set he was very nice to me and very helpful

Dave
Old 11-07-2001, 04:51 PM

so expensive why cant the maxima lettering just bemade wid the glow in the dark stickers and u can keep replacing everyonce in a while...
Old 11-08-2001, 06:18 AM

Thats the guy

Originally posted by dm7297
try emailing this guy Xenonxenon168@aol.com this is who i got mine from he said they would rather deal with you off ebay, 100 buck for the set he was very nice to me and very helpful

Dave

Yeah this is the guy that I bought mine from!
Old 11-08-2001, 07:28 AM

anyone have the phone number?
thanks
Old 11-08-2001, 07:34 AM

Wow!!

very Creative!!
Old 11-08-2001, 08:58 AM

does anyone know how to install these cuz i have no clue, i was thinking of wiring it into the fuse box under the dash to the dome light, does that sound like it will work?
Old 11-11-2001, 12:02 PM

well i tryed wiring them into the fuse for the dome light that dont work for crap they just stay on all the time and never shutoff so back to the drawing board im gonna try and find away to wire them into the little lights on the doors maybe that will work.
Dave
Old 11-11-2001, 02:22 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

i want to get these, but will they fit my 2k2 and where can i get them.
Old 11-11-2001, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by dm7297
well i tryed wiring them into the fuse for the dome light that dont work for crap they just stay on all the time and never shutoff so back to the drawing board im gonna try and find away to wire them into the little lights on the doors maybe that will work.
Dave
yea the dome light has power until the car has been off for 10 minutes (so you can turn it on manually while in the car with the doors closed). I don't have these, but you probably need to get to tap into the door switch pin or the lights in the door...
Old 11-11-2001, 03:14 PM

btw, i emailed the guy and it's $90 + $12 for s&h. . .paypal only......