5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HID's installed! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 11:52 PM

HID's installed! ! !

hey guys, i've got my 2k2 HID's installed on my 00' Max. . .hehehe. . .thanks alot to tanmann9 for the help to get them install and sorry for the problems we created on your car. . .glad to hear that u figured it out. . .just to let everyone know, my pair of HID's are different. . .hehehe. . .yes, i broke the seal and took those ugly orange plates out. . .and left as is. . .i put in some hyper white bulbs and it looks awesome!. . .I know everyone's gonna ask for pics, i'll take some tomorrow, the ones i took tonite didn't turn out very well. . .but here's a sample.

Michael
Old 11-11-2001, 12:02 AM

here's another pic. . .
Old 11-11-2001, 12:05 AM

here's another pic. . .#4
Old 11-11-2001, 12:06 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

tthats cool Mytek....good job w/ the hids.Ive been thinkin bout gettin the hids for my 2000..if you dont mind me askin how much did you pay for em and where did ya get em from???? Ive been noticing alot of people gettin the 2002 hids lately..did the price come down or somethin? hey btw did tannman get all his light to work? thanks for the info...
Old 11-11-2001, 12:07 AM

here's another pic. . .#5
Old 11-11-2001, 12:08 AM

here's another pic. . .#2
Old 11-11-2001, 12:08 AM

Re: HID's installed! ! !

Originally posted by myktek
hey guys, i've got my 2k2 HID's installed on my 00' Max. . .hehehe. . .thanks alot to tanmann9 for the help to get them install and sorry for the problems we created on your car. . .glad to hear that u figured it out. . .just to let everyone know, my pair of HID's are different. . .hehehe. . .yes, i broke the seal and took those ugly orange plates out. . .and left as is. . .i put in some hyper white bulbs and it looks awesome!. . .I know everyone's gonna ask for pics, i'll take some tomorrow, the ones i took tonite didn't turn out very well. . .but here's a sample.

Michael
dang, taken out them ugle orange plate looks great!! It's very tempting to do conversion after seeing your lights light up..
Old 11-11-2001, 12:09 AM

here's another pic. . .last one for now
Old 11-11-2001, 12:15 AM

yeah, tanmann9 figured out what the prob was, a blown fuse, don't know how. . .we disconnected the battery everytime we did anything. . .ya'll should see the lights when they aren't on. . .since the orange plate is gone, the hyper white bulb is kinda blueish, and it reflects inside that circle, making it look really kewl, like i said, more pics tomorrow....
Old 11-11-2001, 12:22 AM

oh yeah, one more thing, thanks to HYPER Racing in HOuston, Tx for helping me clear out the headlamp. . .much props to my fiends there.
Old 11-11-2001, 12:30 AM

kewl! ! !
Old 11-11-2001, 07:15 AM
Got Bent?

I get mine sometime this coming week
Old 11-11-2001, 10:23 AM

Looks good man!! How did you make the orange turn signal white?
Old 11-11-2001, 10:59 AM

i took it to Hyper Racing, and he help me break the seal and take the lens out.. .and he then resealed it for me. . .warning, i don't recommend to break the seal by yourself, took my friend a couple of hours to do it....
Old 11-11-2001, 01:37 PM

rubber strips

Something to all the people who have done the conversion, those little black rubber strips that go between the hood and the headlights, you might want to put them back on. I know the gap seems pretty small, but I just washed my car and some water was able to seep in to the engine bay and it got the headlight area wet . This is especially hazardous if you have the headlamps wired with butt caps (like me) instead of soldered and tubed. I'm going to glue the rubber strips on with some super glue very soon.

I know myktek's old headlights didn't have the rubber strips, and his new ones don't either. Might need to talk to daveb or Nissan to get the rubber strips.
Old 11-11-2001, 03:01 PM

thanks tan, sorry about the problems with your lights...
Old 11-11-2001, 11:08 PM

more pics...

http://myktek.topcities.com/Maxima/HID/

day time pics tomorrow
Old 11-11-2001, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by ChillWill2000
tthats cool Mytek....good job w/ the hids.Ive been thinkin bout gettin the hids for my 2000..if you dont mind me askin how much did you pay for em and where did ya get em from???? Ive been noticing alot of people gettin the 2002 hids lately..did the price come down or somethin? thanks for the info...
I guess you paid full price for your hids due to your lack of response to my question...no biggy though..or maybe you just dont like me .......... o well I guess ill just do the search.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:30 AM

oh i'm sorry, i forgot about that part. . .i paid 800 from bob at stanford nissan....sorree. . .just over looked it...just so excited to have my HID's! ! !hehehhe...
Old 11-12-2001, 02:09 AM

oh i'm sorry, i forgot about that part. . .i paid 800 from bob at stanford nissan....sorree. . .just over looked it...just so excited to have my HID's! ! !hehehhe...
O goodie, you dont hate me after all!!! $800...thats the best price Ive seen so far....Im still not sure I have the $$$$..but 800 makes it more possible than before...Once again, they look great... congradulations on the hids
Old 11-12-2001, 03:55 AM

Originally posted by ChillWill2000

O goodie, you dont hate me after all!!! $800...thats the best price Ive seen so far....Im still not sure I have the $$$$..but 800 makes it more possible than before...Once again, they look great... congradulations on the hids
best get a set while he still has them... incase you're having doubt about doing a transaction with bob at stanford nissan, he's a really cool guy, definately will NOT scam.. does things in a very brisk manner...
Old 11-12-2001, 05:43 AM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by mingo

best get a set while he still has them... incase you're having doubt about doing a transaction with bob at stanford nissan, he's a really cool guy, definately will NOT scam.. does things in a very brisk manner...
I agree.... mine were shipped last week... should be here Wednesday or Thursday
Old 11-12-2001, 09:16 AM

mine took exactly a week, because he wrote my cc# down wrong...hehheeh, i doubt it made a differecne in shipping....but takes about a week and u get all 6 connectors and 2 clips that u need...very happy!
Old 11-12-2001, 09:38 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

those clips..

I never really looked, are they both the same? there's not a left/right is there? I didnt think there was (at least I hope not
Old 11-12-2001, 10:28 AM

there all the same. . .even the connectors...everything is the same, you can put on either side...
Old 11-12-2001, 11:27 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I only ask because I'm still

struggling to find the 'sweet spot' with highs and lows. I've decided to aim high (like Kev) and just let the highs be wherever they want to be. On my lights, and I'm being pretty **** rententive here, are slightly off, ie you align lows perfectly, then highs are slightly off (one higher than the other). we are talking less than a 12" difference in 50-60 feet, but still slightly off.
Old 11-13-2001, 07:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

about the HID bulbs...

Well....I paid $500 for mine off EBAY!!! brand new!! I got a question about the HID bulbs though...If you just change the bulb itself without buying the whole HID kit for $500-$600 would that be ok? I just need the bulbs because I want everything to match...I have everything else with H4's and that light bluish tint! Cant we save money and just buy bulbs?!?!?

Deac
Old 11-13-2001, 08:04 AM
Got Bent?

Re: about the HID bulbs...

Originally posted by Deac

Well....I paid $500 for mine off EBAY!!! brand new!! I got a question about the HID bulbs though...If you just change the bulb itself without buying the whole HID kit for $500-$600 would that be ok? I just need the bulbs because I want everything to match...I have everything else with H4's and that light bluish tint! Cant we save money and just buy bulbs?!?!?

Deac
which bulb? The Xenon bulb, or the high-beam bulb? The high beam is a 9005 I think.
Old 11-13-2001, 03:34 PM

Re: Re: about the HID bulbs...

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE

which bulb? The Xenon bulb, or the high-beam bulb? The high beam is a 9005 I think.

The Xenon one...the expensive one...I think Nissan charges $147 for one bulb! Can we replace this one with a Xenon bulb that has the bluish tint and not the purple tint?

Deac
Old 11-13-2001, 10:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: about the HID bulbs...

The Xenon one...the expensive one...I think Nissan charges $147 for one bulb! Can we replace this one with a Xenon bulb that has the bluish tint and not the purple tint?

Deac
You definetely dont want to change that bulb, cause there is no need unless you trying to get a hold of the new 6000k bulbs. But those bulbs are very RARE and I hear a pair of them are still around $150-250

Dixit
Old 11-14-2001, 05:06 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: about the HID bulbs...

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

You definetely dont want to change that bulb, cause there is no need unless you trying to get a hold of the new 6000k bulbs. But those bulbs are very RARE and I hear a pair of them are still around $150-250

Dixit

Maybe I'm just being picky but.... I most certainly do want to change the Xenon bullbs...I would swing $300 for em since I know I can get the same amount back for the brand new stock white ones. My issue is...all my lighting has the bluish tint! My fogs, strobes, reverse lights, headlights(2k1), and even my washer nozzle lights have the bluish tint! I just want everything to be the same. Didnt I see a pic of someone on here who has the bluish Zenon bulbs in their 2k2 headlights? Who was that? Which bulbs should I get to match all the colors? Oh and I'll sell my white, stock Xenon bulbs to anyone whos interested....Holla!

Deac
Old 11-14-2001, 05:22 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: about the HID bulbs...

Maybe I'm just being picky but.... I most certainly do want to change the Xenon bullbs...I would swing $300 for em since I know I can get the same amount back for the brand new stock white ones. My issue is...all my lighting has the bluish tint! My fogs, strobes, reverse lights, headlights(2k1), and even my washer nozzle lights have the bluish tint! I just want everything to be the same. Didnt I see a pic of someone on here who has the bluish Zenon bulbs in their 2k2 headlights? Who was that? Which bulbs should I get to match all the colors? Oh and I'll sell my white, stock Xenon bulbs to anyone whos interested....Holla!

Deac
if you're getting HID's you dont' really hafta worry about matching up your old h4's because those will no longer be used.. not to be the devils advocate, but selling those burners (bulbs) would be difficult, who ever has teh hid's already would most likely purchase something of a higher grade for the same price the next time around.. hid burners shoulnd't burn out, they dont' have filliments and are known to last longer.. so i say hang onto those.. the 2k2 are pretty blue if u ask me..
Old 11-14-2001, 07:20 AM
maxedout1

question on your headlights, that pic that is at night with all the lights off. Why are 3 of the 4 bulbs blue which ones did you change to make them blueish.

Old 11-14-2001, 09:03 AM

hehehe, i changed all of them except the actually hid bulb. . .the high beam is 9005, the running/parking light is a wedge bulb and the turn signal is a super wedge. . .hehehe, it looks tight huh? heheheh......
Old 11-14-2001, 09:35 AM

Nice pics >>

All those beautiful pictures...yet not one shows the beam pattern of light on the road. The last time I checked, the driver sat inside the car, not in front of it facing the bumper.

I can't begin to express how much I envy you 5th Gen guys...first, you get H4s...now HID.
Old 11-14-2001, 09:54 AM
maxedout1

hehehe, i changed all of them except the actually hid bulb. . .the high beam is 9005, the running/parking light is a wedge bulb and the turn signal is a super wedge. . .hehehe, it looks tight huh? heheheh......
yeah it is tight cant wait to do mine

Old 11-14-2001, 10:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: about the HID bulbs...

Originally posted by mingo
if you're getting HID's you dont' really hafta worry about matching up your old h4's because those will no longer be used.. not to be the devils advocate, but selling those burners (bulbs) would be difficult, who ever has teh hid's already would most likely purchase something of a higher grade for the same price the next time around.. hid burners shoulnd't burn out, they dont' have filliments and are known to last longer.. so i say hang onto those.. the 2k2 are pretty blue if u ask me..
I do need to match the color up because I'm gonn transfer my h4's into the fogs now!!! Somebody has a write-up on how to do that! So... does anyone know where to get the Xenon bulbs with the bluish tint?
Old 11-14-2001, 11:27 AM

hehehe, yes we sit inside the car, just haven't had a chance to take more pictures, plus i need to reaim them....there off...prob end of the week or next week to get more pics.
Old 11-14-2001, 02:27 PM

Re: Nice pics >>

Originally posted by Albertt
I can't begin to express how much I envy you 5th Gen guys...first, you get H4s...now HID.
I know what you mean. I would love some HID's.

SuDZ
Old 11-19-2001, 10:41 AM

Any day time pics yet?

Quick Reply: HID's installed! ! !