5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HID's installed! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 11:39 AM

wow~~

how do u break the seals?? how much did u cost to break the seal??? u sure the water won't go in or won't be foggy after car wash??? cuz i am thinking to do it too~~ so need some advises, thanks~
Old 11-19-2001, 10:06 PM

no daytime pics yet, i'm gonna go tomorrow to take pics. . ..

breaking the seal means getting an exacto and cutting the seal. . .once u cut the seal, just slowly and carefully take it apart. . .and your good to go put the orange cover off and put it back together and seal it. . .

i haven't had any probs yet. . it's rained in houston a few times already and no condensation or anything like that.....
Old 11-19-2001, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by myktek
no daytime pics yet, i'm gonna go tomorrow to take pics. . ..

breaking the seal means getting an exacto and cutting the seal. . .once u cut the seal, just slowly and carefully take it apart. . .and your good to go put the orange cover off and put it back together and seal it. . .

i haven't had any probs yet. . it's rained in houston a few times already and no condensation or anything like that.....
and how do u cut the seal??? any pics???and how do u seal it back???
Old 11-20-2001, 10:31 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: about the HID bulbs...

Originally posted by Deac

I do need to match the color up because I'm gonn transfer my h4's into the fogs now!!! Somebody has a write-up on how to do that! So... does anyone know where to get the Xenon bulbs with the bluish tint?
Go here: http://www.autolamps-online.com/

click on "Order" and look for the single HID capsule that fits yo application...should be 9006. They offer free shipping world-wide and tax-free. There's a way to get yo HID's blue-tinted...but trust me, you don't want that. There's a company in Japan that makes those blue-tinted tubes called "Aqua Blue" which you can insert yo HID capsules into those and make the light output very bluish, and that's gonna compromise the brightness of the HID's, it will be dimmer and end up like regular halogens but only look brighter. And, those cost $89.00 USD per pair......
Old 11-20-2001, 11:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: about the HID bulbs...

Originally posted by Kraze D

Go here: http://www.autolamps-online.com/

click on "Order" and look for the single HID capsule that fits yo application...should be 9006. They offer free shipping world-wide and tax-free. There's a way to get yo HID's blue-tinted...but trust me, you don't want that. There's a company in Japan that makes those blue-tinted tubes called "Aqua Blue" which you can insert yo HID capsules into those and make the light output very bluish, and that's gonna compromise the brightness of the HID's, it will be dimmer and end up like regular halogens but only look brighter. And, those cost $89.00 USD per pair......
Finally...

Someone that answered my question from 20 posts ago!! I do want to get the HID's w/the blue tint and I visited the site you posted up! Great info by the way...I have the 2002 headlights so I dont need the whole kit...I just want to buy the HID bulbs w/the blue tint! What should I be looking for on the site? I tried but I couldnt tell which one was which...thanx!!

Deac
Old 11-21-2001, 11:56 PM

here are the daytime HID pics that i promised. . .

http://myktek.topcities.com/Maxima/HID2/
Old 11-23-2001, 09:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: about the HID bulbs...

Originally posted by Deac

Finally...

Someone that answered my question from 20 posts ago!! I do want to get the HID's w/the blue tint and I visited the site you posted up! Great info by the way...I have the 2002 headlights so I dont need the whole kit...I just want to buy the HID bulbs w/the blue tint! What should I be looking for on the site? I tried but I couldnt tell which one was which...thanx!!

Deac
Once you're on the main page, click on "Order Form", scroll all the way down to the bottom and look for "6000K Xenon Discharge with stripe 12 volt 35 watt", $175.00 each, the reason for the higher price is cuz that's the new HID capsules with 6000k intensity, the higher the intensity, the bluer the light. And as a result, it produces more heat at the same time which "may" shorten the life of those capsules. When you order, make sure you order the D2R capsules, cuz D2R is designed for reflector-type headlamps only, with D2S you're gonna have a messed-up beam pattern and excessive glare.

Have Fun!

-K.D.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by myktek
here are the daytime HID pics that i promised. . .

http://myktek.topcities.com/Maxima/HID2/
Very nice , so you and Tanman the only ones with out the amber? What kinda springs do you have?
Old 11-24-2001, 01:37 AM

actually, just only me has cleared out the amber part in the 2k2 hid's. . .kewl, i'm special....i have some eibach prokit and tokico blues. . .just to let u know, the back is quite bouncy, so i would go with adjustable shocks to correct/help that prob.. . .