5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Wazzup w/www.nissanpaint.com ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 04:58 PM

Wazzup w/www.nissanpaint.com ???

Whatever happened to that guy? Is he on this .org? The complaint form on his site doesn't work. Lets stop that lengthy paint-related thread.
Old 11-14-2001, 06:58 PM

I have no idea. I started the thread and authored the documentation he put on the site. I have no access to the data and repeated attempts to contact him have gone unanswered. I think it is dead. Very unfortunate. I think we had a lot of interest early on. Kind of pointless now to go to Nissan with a year old car and convince them that there is a problem with their paint after I've already gone 17,000 miles. Would have been more impactful when I had 1700!!

srm
Old 11-14-2001, 08:32 PM

It's my personal opinion that he got the info he wanted got what he wanted and ran away. But then again it's just a feeling. By the way every atempt i did failed in trying to get the form to work. So maybe it never worked and he just ran away period. O well not like nissan would do anything anyway.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:59 PM

Right, a year later, you have less chances. Someone in the paint quality thread had this guy's address. He's in WA(?) if anyone knows him locally...
Old 11-15-2001, 06:57 AM

Something needs to be done, here is his info:

***removed by Help****

After driving my Max to work for 11 days and my 10 year old Explorer for 16 days...my Max has more chips and scratches than my Explorer (and I am counting all the scratches and chips from 10 years).

If he is not willing to carry in the info to Nissan. Have him release the www and info to someone else's site to host.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:39 AM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
Right, a year later, you have less chances. Someone in the paint quality thread had this guy's address. He's in WA(?) if anyone knows him locally...
It's michael98033 (I think that's the number) I don't have his addy but you can PM or create a thread to grab his attention.
Old 11-15-2001, 09:33 AM
You're Faster, I'm Better

here is what really happened

nissan paid him off, they fixed his car to drop this idea of his because it woiuld cost them too much money. they figured that one fresh paint job would be worth it... JMHO
Old 11-15-2001, 09:46 AM

Re: here is what really happened

Originally posted by Rob'sAE
nissan paid him off, they fixed his car to drop this idea of his because it woiuld cost them too much money. they figured that one fresh paint job would be worth it... JMHO
DO you have proof of this??? If so we can get a action together.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:30 AM

I posted a link to this thread in another thread that michael98033 was in, asking for him to update the status in this thread.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sheesh...this is what I get for helping out...

Few things...

1. I just haven't had time to follow-up with all the emails that are coming into the @nissanpaint address. Sorry 'bout that. I apologize profusely for Scott, your email not getting a copy of all those emails. I had originally set up questions@nissanpaint.com to go to both you and I. I have reset it to work that way, I don't remember why I changed that back. I saw your email back in August, Scott...my bad.

2. For about 3 weeks straight I had many, many, many attempts of morons trying to hack into my site. Its just a whole bunch of text files, but somebody from this board, I assume, decided to hit it over and over with "script kiddie" style attacks. So I had it locked down completely (no write permissions)...which is why form submission didn't work.

3. When I finally re-did permissions to allow form submission, I had upgraded to a new set of web extensions which had a different security architecture and, to by quite honest, didn't know form submission was broken. Sorry.

4. It works now.

5. In answer to your question, we still have less than 100 people registered, so we're still way under what Scott and I had originally hoped to have in order to go to Nissan with this.

6. Could whoever posted all my personal information from internic please delete that post. While I appreciate the fact that it is, technically, publicly available it is not necessary for you to post all that on multiple threads on a message board about Nissans. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:57 PM

Re: here is what really happened

Originally posted by Rob'sAE
I WISH!!!

I am afraid not, however.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:58 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Re: Sheesh...this is what I get for helping out...

Originally posted by Michael98033

4. It works now.
...nissanpaint.com here i come....
Old 11-15-2001, 02:02 PM

Mike,

Thanks for replying to the thread. I sent you an email about your form. It will not allow submission for 2002 models (1980 - 2001 only). Has this been fixed?

I really appreciate you opening this back up. Hopefully with the newer models having these problems the number of submissions will increase. What are the plans for the data? (when will it be submitted to nissan).
Old 11-15-2001, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by Help
Mike,

Thanks for replying to the thread. I sent you an email about your form. It will not allow submission for 2002 models (1980 - 2001 only). Has this been fixed?

I really appreciate you opening this back up. Hopefully with the newer models having these problems the number of submissions will increase. What are the plans for the data? (when will it be submitted to nissan).
Hey, that's a good point...try now!
Old 11-15-2001, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Help
Mike,

As far as when to submit, Scott and I had always discussed waiting on having, at least, 100 complaints on the 5th generation before going to Nissan with the letter Scott drafted. I think that's a good call. We'll have to see how fast the list grows now. I have all of the data in a nice Excel spreadsheet.
Old 11-15-2001, 02:12 PM

Nope, still won't allow 2002.
Old 11-15-2001, 02:17 PM

LOL...refresh.

/me slaps head.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:04 PM

I just washed my car and noticed a bunch of scratches on both sides of my car !!! What cheap paint Are people having problems with the paint easily scratching too ?
Old 11-15-2001, 03:16 PM

As far as when to submit, Scott and I had always discussed waiting on having, at least, 100 complaints on the 5th generation before going to Nissan with the letter Scott drafted. I think that's a good call. We'll have to see how fast the list grows now. I have all of the data in a nice Excel spreadsheet.
your site did not allow for any submissions for at least several months, thats why you dont have my data. How many pple do you need? Our cars are getting older, and this will make it harder to prove anything. What do you intend to do with this info? I wish there was an attorney among our members who'd be willing to file on everyone's behalf, w/o upfront fees. A few mos ago I called Nissan re: problem, they deny any problems, and they dont know about the existence of .org.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:25 PM

your site did not allow for any submissions for at least several months, thats why you dont have my data. How many pple do you need? Our cars are getting older, and this will make it harder to prove anything. What do you intend to do with this info? I wish there was an attorney among our members who'd be willing to file on everyone's behalf, w/o upfront fees. A few mos ago I called Nissan re: problem, they deny any problems, and they dont know about the existence of .org.
Maxmann put together a very nice letter which is outlined in a thread which I started when the site first went up. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?postid=282214. This explains our intentions to take the complaint data and send it directly to the President of Nissan North America with the cover letter attached.

The site was not accepting submissions since mid-June actually. I explained my reasons quite well, I thought.

When you mention an Attorney "filing" I assume you mean a class action law suit. In order to file a class action suit, you would need to find what part of Nissan's agreement with its customers they violated or find some right/law infringed upon by the poor paint quality. I would tend to say that this situation calls for more of a voluntary gesture of goodwill to loyal Nissan customers which is what our data and letter was/is intended to induce.

If you find an attorney who is willing to do the research needed for a class action suit at no charge...go for it. I think that by the time we managed to get anything like that together I will no longer own my Maxima.
Old 11-15-2001, 08:46 PM

When you mention an Attorney "filing" I assume you mean a class action law suit. In order to file a class action suit, you would need to find what part of Nissan's agreement with its customers they violated or find some right/law infringed upon by the poor paint quality. I would tend to say that this situation calls for more of a voluntary gesture of goodwill to loyal Nissan customers which is what our data and letter was/is intended to induce.

If you find an attorney who is willing to do the research needed for a class action suit at no charge...go for it. I think that by the time we managed to get anything like that together I will no longer own my Maxima.
yes, I meant a class action suit. You dont have to look for a cause of breach...simply put, they have a duty to make a quality product. We'd have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the damage on our cars is beyond reasonable wear and tear.
Old 11-16-2001, 08:25 AM

yes, I meant a class action suit. You dont have to look for a cause of breach...simply put, they have a duty to make a quality product. We'd have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the damage on our cars is beyond reasonable wear and tear.
Well, you can try to build a class action suit on that premise. I think you'll have better luck standing behind the consumer protection laws, but what do I know. Like I said, you find a lawyer who's willing to put this together...power to you. I'll join the class.