5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: Which way to go for brakes...?
00/01 Brembo Blanks (Cheapest)
59.09%
04/05 Rotors/Pads/Calipers (More Expensive to Much More Expensive)
40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Opinion for Brake Job

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm watching you, boy...

Opinion for Brake Job

Alright, just trying to get some opinions. Once again, my front rotors have glazed over. Due to a lack of opinions from my original thread, I'm starting another one with a poll.

Basically, I autocross my Maxima and have been using Napa blanks with Hawk HPS in the front. I've been having a vibration when slowing down (oh, such a familiar feeling!) and took my car to Firestone when they had a free brake inspection. They told me my front rotors are glazed from overheating and recommended new pads/rotors or turn the existing ones. As if I'm going to pay them for it... Anyway, I've decided on going in one of two directions: Either upgrade to 04/05 Maxima brake hardware, or go with Brembo blanks in the front. Blanks from the group deal would be about $120, while acquiring 04/05 hardware will be just under $300 with pads. Unfortunately, since my autocross wheels/tires are 16s (specifically 225/50/16 Z1 Star Specs on the 00/01 5-spokes), I'll need new front AX wheels. I believe the 300Z 16" x 7.5" will clear the brakes. If so, this adds about $200-$250 for new wheels, and maybe more if 16s are entirely too small.

So, what do you think I should do? My biggest fear is the Brembos going bad like the Napas, but I've been told by a Camaro Z28 owner this shouldn't be a problem with the blanks. Maybe someone with AX experience can chime in (hint, hint). Blanks are the cheapest and easiest solution, while the 04/05 hardware will nearly guarantee the issue won't repeat itself, but is more expensive for a variety of reasons (and kicks me out of ST into STX).
Old 01-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Toolie

not in your poll, but I am running EBC redstuff with the EBC slotted drilled rotors and they stop better than the hawks. And I autocross too
Old 01-28-2009, 10:31 PM

I was planning to start the exact same thread.

I have a 00 and when I bought the car, I replaced all the stock Nissan brakes with Brembo blanks and Hawk HPS pads as recommended here.

Not too long after however, I noticed small amounts of vibration when braking, and it has steadily increased. I don't drive especially hard but live in an area with lots of mountains.

I do not want to buy the same setup again as I feel it will just fail on me as it has already.

I want to upgrade my brakes as well to something larger but I have the stock 16" wheels that I use for winter weather which can last as long as 6 months here.

I am not trying to threadjack, only to provide insight regarding the brembo blanks not standing up as well as I hoped, and to ask if I get something larger, such as the OP with 04/05 setup, will I be able to fit it under the stock 16" rims.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Toolie

I don't think your 16's will fit, I think it's the reason the 6th gens came with 18's
Old 01-29-2009, 05:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have been stressing about this same deal with rotors. Is there a difinitive rotor thread around somewhere?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:54 AM

IMO the 5.5 brakes suck. i bought new 6th gen rotors/calipers and Hawk HPS pads the difference was night and day..you can piece together used parts from a junkyard fairly cheap if you wanted to
Old 01-29-2009, 06:19 AM
大陆弟弟

+1 for 6th gen brakes, they can be had for very cheap, I bought my calipers with used pads and brake lines for IIRC $120 from a member here. Or your next best thing since you auto-x is to run 6th gen rotors only and keep your 5th gen caliper, Blehmco sells the caliper relocation bracket.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm watching you, boy...

Originally Posted by knight_yyz
not in your poll, but I am running EBC redstuff with the EBC slotted drilled rotors and they stop better than the hawks. And I autocross too
I'm staying away from anything drilled and/or slotted; I've read too many negatives to justify the positives unless they came stock.

Originally Posted by d3van
I was planning to start the exact same thread.

I have a 00 and when I bought the car, I replaced all the stock Nissan brakes with Brembo blanks and Hawk HPS pads as recommended here.

Not too long after however, I noticed small amounts of vibration when braking, and it has steadily increased. I don't drive especially hard but live in an area with lots of mountains.

I do not want to buy the same setup again as I feel it will just fail on me as it has already.

I want to upgrade my brakes as well to something larger but I have the stock 16" wheels that I use for winter weather which can last as long as 6 months here.

I am not trying to threadjack, only to provide insight regarding the brembo blanks not standing up as well as I hoped, and to ask if I get something larger, such as the OP with 04/05 setup, will I be able to fit it under the stock 16" rims.
Amazing! Someone in the same boat as me! You are the perfect example of why I don't want to bother with Brembo blanks upfront: The fear of the problem returning within 6 months or so.

I don't think your 16's will fit, I think it's the reason the 6th gens came with 18's
Exactly one of my concerns. I wonder, though, if the 00/01 5-spoke 16 will clear 6th gen brakes with spacers. It'd be a cheaper option than 2 new wheels (and maybe 2 new tires) for AX. The 300Z wheels are another choice that will hopefully clear.

Originally Posted by HotshotVQ35
IMO the 5.5 brakes suck. i bought new 6th gen rotors/calipers and Hawk HPS pads the difference was night and day..you can piece together used parts from a junkyard fairly cheap if you wanted to
Originally Posted by n3985
+1 for 6th gen brakes, they can be had for very cheap, I bought my calipers with used pads and brake lines for IIRC $120 from a member here. Or your next best thing since you auto-x is to run 6th gen rotors only and keep your 5th gen caliper, Blehmco sells the caliper relocation bracket.
I would go with the relocation bracket, but if I spend $150 on the bracket, I can buy the calipers and caliper brackets off Rockauto for the same price (before shipping). Then, my only other expense would be 6th gen pads. Larger rotors still kicks me out of my class (but I'll learn to live with it).

Thanks for all the opinions! This really helps my decision. I'm leaning towards the 6th gen brakes again, and I think I'll start sourcing the parts this weekend. I only wish I had a junkyard near me with a 04+ Maxima on the lot. I can find the rotors used for about $40 and the calipers rebuilt from Rockauto for $150. Then, the pads for $95 or so from a group deal. If I get lucky, I'll be able to pick up some used calipers dirt cheap, as it'll be a month or two before I actually tackle the upgrade. And, I'll have improved stopping power on the street!

Last edited by SilverGLE; 01-29-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Toolie

Actually, mine are dimpled, not drilled, and it makes a difference because the dimples and the slots are not machined after casting, they are there when the mold is cast.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm watching you, boy...

Actually, mine are dimpled, not drilled, and it makes a difference because the dimples and the slots are not machined after casting, they are there when the mold is cast.
Sorry, I just went by your original post, which mentioned you had drilled rotors. I think Brembo makes slotted OR drilled for 00/01, but not slotted AND drilled, for some reason or another due to their manufacturing process.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Toolie

ya, my bad. I had drilled cheapies on there before the EBC's and they started hairline cracking after about 8 months. No problems with the EBC's.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm watching you, boy...

ya, my bad. I had drilled cheapies on there before the EBC's and they started hairline cracking after about 8 months. No problems with the EBC's.
Yeah, screw cheap rotors!

It seems 5/6 people voted for the blanks... But I'm leaning towards the 04+ setup.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
大陆弟弟

Brembo or not, any blank rotors will eventually glaze/go bad because the way you are pushing your car the already insufficient brakes simply can't handle it. I suggest either get slotted replacement rotors to help with the cooling or 6th gen upgrade once and for all.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:42 PM

OK, here's a different alternative for you. Since you have a Y2K Maxima (5.0 gen), it is actually an upgrade for you to go with 5.5 gen brakes. The only parts you need for the conversion are the 2002-2003 OEM caliper mounting brackets and the 2002-2003 OEM rotors. The calipers and pads are EXACTLY the same from 2000-2003.

My suggestion is to get the 5.5 gen (2002-2003) caliper brackets and then get new ATE slotted rotors to fit a 2002-2003 Maxima. You can use the Hawks that you already have, and you don't even have to break open the hydraulic system. This is exactly what I've done on my 2K SE (except I've gone with ceramic pads that aren't Hawks). Even after a HARD track day at Hallett and a year of use with many hard stops, I still don't have even a hint of vibration (I cooked my pads at Hallett and had to change them out, but I haven't touched the rotors!) This option gives you the (possible) added benefit of remaining in the same AX class as well, since it's all OEM parts.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by SilverGLE
Alright, just trying to get some opinions. Once again, my front rotors have glazed over. Due to a lack of opinions from my original thread, I'm starting another one with a poll.

Basically, I autocross my Maxima and have been using Napa blanks with Hawk HPS in the front. I've been having a vibration when slowing down (oh, such a familiar feeling!) and took my car to Firestone when they had a free brake inspection. They told me my front rotors are glazed from overheating and recommended new pads/rotors or turn the existing ones. As if I'm going to pay them for it... Anyway, I've decided on going in one of two directions: Either upgrade to 04/05 Maxima brake hardware, or go with Brembo blanks in the front. Blanks from the group deal would be about $120, while acquiring 04/05 hardware will be just under $300 with pads. Unfortunately, since my autocross wheels/tires are 16s (specifically 225/50/16 Z1 Star Specs on the 00/01 5-spokes), I'll need new front AX wheels. I believe the 300Z 16" x 7.5" will clear the brakes. If so, this adds about $200-$250 for new wheels, and maybe more if 16s are entirely too small.

So, what do you think I should do? My biggest fear is the Brembos going bad like the Napas, but I've been told by a Camaro Z28 owner this shouldn't be a problem with the blanks. Maybe someone with AX experience can chime in (hint, hint). Blanks are the cheapest and easiest solution, while the 04/05 hardware will nearly guarantee the issue won't repeat itself, but is more expensive for a variety of reasons (and kicks me out of ST into STX).
I don't know that any rotor is any more superior than any other. I have a sneaking suspicion (skeptic inside of me) that they all come out of the same factory in China.

While I think a lot the "warping" issues here have to do with brake pad selection, the fact that you've been running Hawks (pads most seem to like) and are still having issues leads me to believe it's something in the overall system design rather than component selection.

I warped generic rotors, OEM rotors, and $$$ Cryogenically frozen rotors. When I learned a couple years back that the 6th gen brakes bolted up, I went there and never looked back. I even installed OEM Nissan 6th gen pads. Years (and LOTS of miles) later, I'm still on the original hardware and haven't warped yet.

That said, I did a brake job on another I35 experiencing the same issues and used cheap rotors with some aftermarket ceramic pads and there haven't been any issues with that one either. So I don't know entirely. All I know is the 6th gen upgrade has served me well.

I felt like the front brakes on the 5.5 were undersized, and considering on the 5-gen they're even smaller, I'd say that could be your problem. But, as always, YMMV.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:18 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

1.) Brembo blanks
2.) Hawk HPS
3.) PROPER BRAKE BED IN

I have +50k on this combo.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm watching you, boy...

Originally Posted by n3985
Brembo or not, any blank rotors will eventually glaze/go bad because the way you are pushing your car the already insufficient brakes simply can't handle it. I suggest either get slotted replacement rotors to help with the cooling or 6th gen upgrade once and for all.
That's still what I'm thinking.

Originally Posted by vinco
OK, here's a different alternative for you. Since you have a Y2K Maxima (5.0 gen), it is actually an upgrade for you to go with 5.5 gen brakes. The only parts you need for the conversion are the 2002-2003 OEM caliper mounting brackets and the 2002-2003 OEM rotors. The calipers and pads are EXACTLY the same from 2000-2003.

My suggestion is to get the 5.5 gen (2002-2003) caliper brackets and then get new ATE slotted rotors to fit a 2002-2003 Maxima. You can use the Hawks that you already have, and you don't even have to break open the hydraulic system. This is exactly what I've done on my 2K SE (except I've gone with ceramic pads that aren't Hawks). Even after a HARD track day at Hallett and a year of use with many hard stops, I still don't have even a hint of vibration (I cooked my pads at Hallett and had to change them out, but I haven't touched the rotors!) This option gives you the (possible) added benefit of remaining in the same AX class as well, since it's all OEM parts.
My issue with that upgrade is that if I go that route, I would still have the possibility of it occurring, as this seems to be an issue with 5.0 and 5.5 gens alike. And, I'd still have to buy 5.5 rotors and the caliper brackets. If I end up buying any hardware, I may as well go all the way.

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
I don't know that any rotor is any more superior than any other. I have a sneaking suspicion (skeptic inside of me) that they all come out of the same factory in China.

While I think a lot the "warping" issues here have to do with brake pad selection, the fact that you've been running Hawks (pads most seem to like) and are still having issues leads me to believe it's something in the overall system design rather than component selection.

I warped generic rotors, OEM rotors, and $$$ Cryogenically frozen rotors. When I learned a couple years back that the 6th gen brakes bolted up, I went there and never looked back. I even installed OEM Nissan 6th gen pads. Years (and LOTS of miles) later, I'm still on the original hardware and haven't warped yet.

That said, I did a brake job on another I35 experiencing the same issues and used cheap rotors with some aftermarket ceramic pads and there haven't been any issues with that one either. So I don't know entirely. All I know is the 6th gen upgrade has served me well.

I felt like the front brakes on the 5.5 were undersized, and considering on the 5-gen they're even smaller, I'd say that could be your problem. But, as always, YMMV.
You prove my point again. Hawk HPS and any blank rotor, it seems, are still prone to the warping/glazing issue, almost regardless of how the vehicle is driven. While it may be less likely to occur, the chance is still much larger than I'd like.

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
1.) Brembo blanks
2.) Hawk HPS
3.) PROPER BRAKE BED IN

I have +50k on this combo.
I've tried this combination already, scratch the Brembo for Napa blanks. I did follow the proper bed in procedure, wait time and all. And yet, the issue has reappeared when most before said it shouldn't.

Arg. I've had the Maxima for 3 years and honestly feel like it's time to upgrade. I'm just not in a good financial position to get what I'd really like (unless one "fell off the truck" or something similar... ).
Old 01-29-2009, 05:26 PM

Powerslot rotors + Hawk HPS

Still fairly new (7k) but have been impressed.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:49 PM
wat

Do the 6th gen setup

You would upgrade wheel size, tire, and braking. Which would overall be better for the money in my opinion. I think the 16's you currrently have now would fit with a spacer.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:20 PM

That's still what I'm thinking.

My issue with that upgrade is that if I go that route, I would still have the possibility of it occurring, as this seems to be an issue with 5.0 and 5.5 gens alike. And, I'd still have to buy 5.5 rotors and the caliper brackets. If I end up buying any hardware, I may as well go all the way.
Since you're talking about buying new Brembo blanks anyway, just pony up a few extra bux and step up to the 5.5 gen ATE rotors. Then all you have to get is the 5.5 gen caliper brackets from a junkyard. I have literally put over 25K miles on this exact setup in the past year, including the Hallett track day. No vibration at all.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:22 PM

Is there a DIY thread dedicated to upgrading 5.5 gen brakes to 6th gen? This has me very interested and don't want to run into the wrong thread, is there a Holy Grail (of threads)?
Old 02-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm watching you, boy...

Originally Posted by AceofSpds
Do the 6th gen setup

You would upgrade wheel size, tire, and braking. Which would overall be better for the money in my opinion. I think the 16's you currrently have now would fit with a spacer.
Everyone, thanks for the advice! I've decided to go with the 6th gen setup and am currently researching prices from www.car-parts.com. I could risk 00 Brembo blanks, but I'm afraid the issue will reappear again. And while I could upgrade to 02/03 rotors/calipers/pads, if I buy these parts, they may as well be from an 04+. I'll likely update once I've gotten everything installed.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:31 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

I wouldn't trust anything they tell you at Firestone. I got a friend who owns a repair shop and some lady came in with a Taurus and an estimate from Firestone saying her rear brakes were completely shot and needed $500 in repairs. He pulls the rear tires and finds the pads have 80% life left and couldn't find anything else wrong either.

If you autocross, then you should upgrade to larger rotors.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm watching you, boy...

Originally Posted by Scottwax
I wouldn't trust anything they tell you at Firestone. I got a friend who owns a repair shop and some lady came in with a Taurus and an estimate from Firestone saying her rear brakes were completely shot and needed $500 in repairs. He pulls the rear tires and finds the pads have 80% life left and couldn't find anything else wrong either.

If you autocross, then you should upgrade to larger rotors.
Trust me, I don't take their word as gold. I would believe what they told me is pretty much spot-on, though. Of course, I will/would also double-check their work just to be sure it's really what I needed. I have to say, though, my fiFrestone is generally trustworthy enough to do what you tell them and nothing more.

I was actually there last Friday to get my wheels balanced (lifetime balance and alignment, wheel weight flew off on the dyno...). They gave me a second printout of "recommended services" that included new plugs and some other stuff. Nevermind that my current platinums are < 55k old, anyway.

I don't think the larger rotors/pads are actually necessary for AX, but it'll definitely help by allowing me to brake later and less for the same result. And I'm freakin' sick and tired of the damn brake-related vibrations. As I said before, I'd go the 00/01 Brembo blanks route, but the problem will likely reappear, especially since I AX about twice a month (starting in March... )
Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 AM
That's Mr. Detail to you

I don't think the larger rotors/pads are actually necessary for AX, but it'll definitely help by allowing me to brake later and less for the same result. And I'm freakin' sick and tired of the damn brake-related vibrations. As I said before, I'd go the 00/01 Brembo blanks route, but the problem will likely reappear, especially since I AX about twice a month (starting in March... )
The big advantage of larger rotors is they dissapate heat better than smaller ones. Smaller rotors + hard driving means more heat build-up and warpage.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm watching you, boy...

Originally Posted by Scottwax
The big advantage of larger rotors is they dissapate heat better than smaller ones. Smaller rotors + hard driving means more heat build-up and warpage.
Yup, I completely agree!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 PM

6th gen's.

The upgrade in rotor size and subsequent bump to STX, allows you to use larger tires; perhaps a set of 255/40/17s on 17x9 wheels? (I think 2wd STX cars are now allowed more wheel/tire than the AWD options).

Last edited by 2slow; 02-11-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Quick rule check, the Maxima is allowed 9" wide wheels and 265 tires in STX.

Go for the big brakes, wheels & tires.

This will also give the chance to get into a set of RE11s. I am assuming they are superior to the Dunlops, as they should be since Bridgestone bench-marked against them (and the Yoks from what I recall).
Old 02-11-2009, 07:00 PM

in the same market for brakes due to vibrations and was totally for brembo + hawks

so do these 04/05 breaks really just bolt right up to our hub? Same size and all? Nothing else to it?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm watching you, boy...

Originally Posted by Prophecy99
so do these 04/05 breaks really just bolt right up to our hub? Same size and all? Nothing else to it?
That's what everyone says...!

Originally Posted by 2slow
Quick rule check, the Maxima is allowed 9" wide wheels and 265 tires in STX.

Go for the big brakes, wheels & tires.

This will also give the chance to get into a set of RE11s. I am assuming they are superior to the Dunlops, as they should be since Bridgestone bench-marked against them (and the Yoks from what I recall).
See, I'm trying to avoid buying new wheels and tires right now. Otherwise, it wouldn't bother me at all to upgrade. I'm going to have to check the rulebook again; I guess the SCCA decided to allow 265 width for non-AWD in STX now... Interesting. Bridgestone, while great tires, also require great $$$. My Z1 Star Specs are about $100 less in 225/50/16. I can only imagine how much more a bigger size would be. More than likely I'll be buying spacers for the front wheels for AX. And I'd better hurry... First event is March 1!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:14 PM

It has temporarily escaped my memory but a while back "Irish" or maybe "sooner" found a big brake upgrage with new calipers and rotors for $500-ish (fronts only).
I dont think you could beat that since i spent $400 off ebay for slotted and drilled(no name) rotors, hawk pads and stainless lines all 4 wheels.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm watching you, boy...

Originally Posted by HotMaxx02
It has temporarily escaped my memory but a while back "Irish" or maybe "sooner" found a big brake upgrage with new calipers and rotors for $500-ish (fronts only).
I dont think you could beat that since i spent $400 off ebay for slotted and drilled(no name) rotors, hawk pads and stainless lines all 4 wheels.
I'm not really looking for a "name-brand" BBK. I believe the kit you're thinking of is the Wilwood BBK, which irish44j ran for a while (and had some squealing issues, IIRC). I think I saw a post from soonerfan that he was going to pick it up.

See, I'm trying to do this on the cheap, and hopefully I'll source the parts from a junkyard for < $125 for the calipers, caliper brackets, and front rotors, and still stay under $200 with quality pads (likely Hawk HPS).
Old 02-13-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm watching you, boy...

Alright, so I called a place I found through http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...w.car-part.com in NC that has everything I need... 05 Rotors, calipers, and brackets, all for $95 shipped! Of course, I'll be ordering Hawk HPS soon enough. Now I've got to handle the issue of my AX wheels and tires.

From the reading I've done, 02/03 6-spoke Maxima 17x7s clear the 6th gen setup. They have an offset of 40mm. My 00/01 5-spokes 16x6.5 have an offset of 40mm. Based on this offset calculator, I'll have 6mm less clearance. I'm thinking 10mm spacers will fix this. Now, as for the G 18x8s I drive on daily, could this be too much to keep them from rubbing at full lock or on bad dips/imperfections?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on the Ichiba Version 1 versus Version 2 spacers? I'd say the V1 will be much more stable, especially for AX. But have V2 means I could slide the spacers on only when I AX.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:47 AM

Look here: http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...e-upgrade.html

I doubt your 16's will fit...
Old 02-13-2009, 09:47 AM

Thanks for the input and is that price all 4 corners or just front?
One more question..
The 6th gen rotors wont change any offsets by themselves correct?
I have 20mm rear spacers and I just want to make sure they are the same offset as 5th gen rotors?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:56 AM

Thanks for the input and is that price all 4 corners or just front?
One more question..
The 6th gen rotors wont change any offsets by themselves correct?
I have 20mm rear spacers and I just want to make sure they are the same offset as 5th gen rotors?
you cannot use 6th gen rear brakes on our cars. They have IRS and a different e-brake design (Their e-brake has it's own drum). You can only use 6th gen front calipers/rotors/hardware.

And to answer your question: no, they will not change your offset. The hat thickness is the same.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
you cannot use 6th gen rear brakes on our cars. They have IRS and a different e-brake design (Their e-brake has it's own drum). You can only use 6th gen front calipers/rotors/hardware.

And to answer your question: no, they will not change your offset. The hat thickness is the same.
Thanks buddy. All I needed to know.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:08 AM

Thanks buddy. All I needed to know.
Glad to be of help. And the 6th gen brake upgrade is one of the best things I've done to my car. It's impossible to get them to fade if you use a good fluid (trust me, they've caught on fire before and they were still biting...)
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
Glad to be of help. And the 6th gen brake upgrade is one of the best things I've done to my car. It's impossible to get them to fade if you use a good fluid (trust me, they've caught on fire before and they were still biting...)
So 16's are pretty much out of the question for fitment over the 6th gen rotors, even with spacers? (I have 00 stock 16's for my winter tires)

Just looking for confirmation cause I dont have any 6th gen parts to measure.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm watching you, boy...

Originally Posted by d3van
So 16's are pretty much out of the question for fitment over the 6th gen rotors, even with spacers? (I have 00 stock 16's for my winter tires)

Just looking for confirmation cause I dont have any 6th gen parts to measure.
I'm wondering, as well. It seems to me that they'll possibly clear with spacers, but the jury's out on this one. I'd say the rotor will definitely clear, but it's the caliper that'll hit the rotor. I'll do a test-fit once I get them installed, probably with new brake fluid. 136k on the original fluid is probably look enough...

Quick Reply: Opinion for Brake Job