5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Current Situation...what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 03:01 AM

Current Situation...what to do?

Well, many of you know my current situation...i want to sell the car...i am in need of a stick

i go to college in ohio and unfortunately my car stays here in arizona (where i am currently for thanksgiving break)...i was finally able to convince my parents (probably a good 12 hours + of convincing) to let me bring my car back to ohio after winter break...minus the body kit and exhaust and cai...keeping the stereo and suspension for now

now since i want to sell it...i'm thinking i'll part it out and sell it over the summer when i have it back in az and a bunch of new 2003 model cars come out then

here is the problem...my parents hate used cars...although it is my money, the car is currently in their name for lower insurance etc. it has been my dream for 2+ years to own a supra and i have been subscribing to supra mailing lists and have been hyped up on getting one for awhile now but they recently told me that there was no way i was getting any sort of used car (they seem to be under the impression that any used car will break down) and i live in a little hick town in ohio where there aren't any toyota dealerships for over an hour so a warranty wouldn't calm them at all

so they want me to get a new car...i want something smaller...2 door maybe or just a small 4 door...it has to be a manual...6spd would be nice...has to be quick (run at least low 14s out of the box) and have a decent aftermarket and has to cost under $30k

my dad talked to me a little about getting a 2k2 6spd since the dealership called him up about getting one but i don't see that being worth it to me (trading in my car plus parting out and selling everything on it and still having to put down $4k on a STOCK 6spd...don't get me wrong, i wouldn't mind one, but i don't need such a big car right now...i obviously don't have a family so i'm looking for something sporty

here is what i have come up with so far

2003 nissan z 6spd
2003 subaru impreza wrx sti 6spd
2003(?) lancer evo vii manual (5,6?)

and there is a rumored 2003 new supra

here are some pics that i found http://www.ozsupra.qld.org/web/pictu...ures_markv.htm

so what is everyones thoughts...i am defenitely trading in/selling the car so please don't respond with "why are you selling it" or anything like that...i would just like different peoples input on what type of car to get out of what i listed and what i haven't considered yet

at the moment i'm leaning towards the new z because of a rumored huge aftermarket and 290hp 6spd...but then again its a nissan and gets nissan service

the supra would be nice if they release it in 2003 but there is no telling if it will be as nice as the mkiv and have nearly as big of an aftermarket...hopefully it will be within my price range

the impreza would be nice and i really like the front end but the rear isn't that great...so far i have driven 2 imprezas but they have both been automatics...they seem to handle pretty well but with stock tires and suspension it doesn't seem to handle any better than my car with its current configuration...i was impressed with the power even though they were automatics (and i love the sound of a nice turbo)

haven't heard much of anything about the lancer evo vii so i can't really comment on it right now

i'll obviously have to test drive the cars first but as it is coming closer to release time, i may have to preorder a new z or the new supra if i decide on those (obviously will have to read things about them first) and preorder...test drive and decide whether or not to buy it after the test drive

so any input is appreciated...thanks
Old 11-23-2001, 11:36 AM

Subaru WRX sti or Z definitetly...
Old 11-23-2001, 12:16 PM

the subaru wrx has horrible stock rubbers on them. People have noticed a huge difference from changing the tires from the start. Also, I'm sure that the STi version of the wrx will handle significantly better than the standard wrx model. I would have to say wait a little more to see what your options can be since cars on paper may seem nice...but u wont know how they'll do once they're in production(talking about the Z). I would have to say take the Sti...but change the back somehow with a body kit fast...cause they are pretty ugly.
Old 11-23-2001, 12:42 PM

another problem with the supra or the z is that the car will be in ohio for much of the winter months and it will be parked outside

a body kit probably wouldn't be the greatest idea because of clearance issues
Old 11-23-2001, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by MrBurner
another problem with the supra or the z is that the car will be in ohio for much of the winter months and it will be parked outside

a body kit probably wouldn't be the greatest idea because of clearance issues

don't know for sure as I am not a Toyota Exec ... but I've heard that the 2003 supra release is B.S. I was a toyota dealarship looking at an MR2 a couple of weeks ago. The salesguy there (a complete moron on cars ... but that's another story) said that toyota would bring the supra back to the US in 03. I was in shock ... asked my buddy, and he said it was not true. He is a big supra fan (having a 94 supra himself) and he said he'd heard the same and started checking all of his sources. Everyone said NO to its reintroduction into the US market.
Old 11-23-2001, 02:52 PM

how do you have 30k to spend on a car while in college? i work 2 jobs and detail cars and can barely afford my 99 in high school...hehe..id jsut go for the nissan z
Old 11-23-2001, 03:06 PM

The WRX is sick but are you sure you want that for long trips? The 17" option has better rubber. I don't think there's a supra coming. Maybe check out the new mazda 6...it's hot looking and good room from what ive seen from the previews.
Old 11-23-2001, 04:51 PM

What about a Celica? Not quite as nice as a Supra, but the new ones make decent power, and it'll be alot better on gas.

Are you anti-honda? If not, what about a Prelude or an S2000?

If none of those, then wait for the new Z.
I heard the new lancer is going to be real gutless, nothing like the old Evos.

Good luck.
Old 11-23-2001, 04:55 PM

in my opinion....personally the daewoo lanos appeals most to me...
Old 11-23-2001, 05:51 PM

I think the Celicas pretty cool, I may get one of those instead of a Maxima when I go to college.

I don't see why Toyota wouldn't bring the Supra back though, seems like a resurgence of Japanese sports cars. Mazda, Nissan, Honda, Acura all have em, Toyota has the Celica and MR2...I could see a Supra in the future..

I'd go with the Z though, good price, power, styling and aftermarket should be pretty good.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:03 PM

thought about the acura RSX-S? if you want a smaller sportier car with aftermarket that seems like another option. especially considering how much the new Z is going to command at the dealer. save a few grand and put it towards aftermarket. you can get the 6 speed plus acura service. i can't imagine a bigger market for custom parts.
you can take the savings and get a winter set of springs (lift the sucker 3")
Old 11-23-2001, 07:57 PM

Celica's are nice there is also a s/c kit and turbo kit for it... Good leg room but not much storage space so on a long trip ya gotta pack light. s2000 has no leg room at all.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:15 AM

well i've read over what everyone has said so far

i have worked 2 full time jobs throughout my junior and senior years of high school and the summers between them...i have virtually no expenses other than car stuff incl. gas insurance etc. and aftermarket...i'm not expecting to get a ton for my car...after i part it out i'm hoping to get about $24k (probably 20k for the car...hopefully more though since it is fully loaded and all)...and i have some money still saved up...my parents might be willing to help me out a little if i bring home some good grades but i'm not sure...that hasn't done anything to them in the past, but maybe because it's college they will change their ways

celica is too slow...even in gt-s form...best it can run is high 14s...there is a decent aftermarket but i've driven them and they have huge blind spots and feel cheap inside

rsx-s is also too slow...i have seen mags rate it below 15secs in the 1/4, but it is rare, all the times i have seen for them have been in the low-mid 15s...i have not driven one yet but i've heard they aren't even as fast as the old itr's...6spd is a plus but it is nowhere near as fast as i'd like

by the way, the next car i get will most likely be kept in sleeper form on the outside...no clear lenses or anything, i'm done with all of that...the only lights i would change would be headlights to hid's...no extremely loud exhausts (although i really really love my current exhaust so i might change my mind on this) but i'd like to keep it looking mostly stock

i'd like a rwd or awd since i am probably going to keep this car for at least 4 years which will give me plenty of time to make it a good 10 or 11 second car (depending on what i get and the aftermarket for it)...

the new z is said to be just below the $30k price range for the base model which means it will probably be in the mid 30s just for the average model of the car...the only way i could get this is if i could somehow convince my parents to give me a loan unti after college or get a loan from the bank (but i'd rather not do that)...a z would be sweet though

max'n out what do you mean am i sure that i would want the impreza for long trips? what would be wrong with it?

admax...i'm not opposed to any car (unless it is korean or american made...with the exception of an aston martin db7 vantage) but a prelude really seems like a step down to me...their out of the box performance isn't great and is probably about equal to what i have now...it is a smaller car which is what i want but its performance isn't what i want...and hondas tend to be overpriced since they have built up a great reputation over the years even their used cars are close to the prices of their new cars...i know the honda will last for a long time but a prelude seems like a step down to me...other than the s2k, most hondas seem like kids cars or at least thats the reputation they have here in arizona since tons of kids have them...i looked into an s2000 awhile back and even if i were to buy a used one, it seems hard to be able to find one under $30k

i also looked into an audi s4 awhile back but even used ones are over $30k

this car is going to have heavy milege put onto it...gas prices have been down lately and i'm not really too concerned with the difference between 22 and 25 miles per gallon

this car will go back and forth from arizona to ohio every single year, sometimes twice a year and in ohio it will get a decent amount of milege and in arizona it will get a good amount also

any other suggestions?
Old 11-24-2001, 04:16 AM

You realize Aston Martins are British right? juss checkin

Why do you want to be a sleeper now? Too much attention from the Ninja kit?
Old 11-24-2001, 11:32 AM

sitll think the daewoo lanos is the car for you
Old 11-24-2001, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by maximaracer28
sitll think the daewoo lanos is the car for you
Old 11-24-2001, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by yo_its_ok
Z, I say keep your Maxima. No use to sell now, and pursue something that will put you into some financial burden. If you are truly un-happy with your experience of your car, then by all means sell it, but if its just a whim or some phase of "speed" slow your horses, and look at the long term picture.

-Peace
I agree with hogan and maxima racer.. having a financial burden at this age sucks...go get some nos if you feel the need for speed..

Adam
Old 11-24-2001, 12:40 PM

i agree...trust me... i am 16 paying off my 99 se-l...working 2 jobs and detailing cars on the side of that...its hard but in soem ways i guess its worth it...if i were you id just keep your max and continue to have fun with it...i saw it with the bodykit and it looked nice, and hey ifu feel the ned for speed...thats what nos and superchargers are for
Old 11-24-2001, 10:11 PM

the z will be bad....the sti will be bad....the evo will not be gutless, if mitsubishi has any hope of competing with subaru's sti...and they do, thats the point of bringing it to america, but the sti fighter is rumored to be in the 35k range....so id say go with the z or the impreza....both will have incredible cult followings, and i think both will fall in your price range.....no honda motors please, haha, they do good with what they have, but come on, 142 lb./ft. with 200 h.p.? nah, youll do better with the others
Old 11-25-2001, 01:05 AM

so long as i keep it under $30k i really won't have any financial burdens to worry about because i will be able to earn the 5k difference between my car and the new one within a summer of working...so financial burdens aside

i would not be cought dead in a daewoo (except the lanos...man that car is awesome )

yeah i saw the final pics of the new z in the new motor trend today...doesn't look like the pre-production pics at all..it looks a lot cheaper on the outside and is said to only do 0-60 in 6.0-6.2 secs...for that price and that hp i would have expected more

i'll obviously have to wait until the summer to make a decision though

a friend of mine told me today to look into a VW GTI...so i did...although they may be somewhat slow in stock form, with a few small mods you can have it running in the 13s...even with the cold weather package and sunroof and leather it is only $21k and then with a chip, exhaust, upgraded turbo, full suspension, rims it falls under the $30k category even with all the upgrades...since i'm leaving early tomorrow morning (later on today i guess) i'll test drive the vw when i get back here in december (3 weeks)...my friend made it sound very interesting and easy to work on...he also said with proper tuning, it can handle better than 95% of cars on the road and can be a great auto-x car...i'll obviously need to look into it more but this is the type of thing i'm looking for...its a 2 door and has a bunch of easy upgrades...maybe i'll even keep my stereo and transfer it into that car

any opinions on the gti?

and hogan, its not that i'm really unhappy with the car or anything, its a number of reasons...first off...it is a big car and although i am very happy with my current suspension, i'd still feel much more comftorble in a smaller sportier car...its not just the need for speed but there is also a need for a stick shift...i work at a ferrari/porsche/jag/aston martin/bently/rolls royce dealership and i drive mostly sticks all day long...i hate getting into my car and just driving it regularly...and with my car...even if i put a s/c or nos on it, the fastest it is going to be is in the 13s if i'm lucky (because of the auto)...hogan i know your max is faster than that but i don't have that much to spend and i don't have as much knowledge as you do as far as turbos etc...even if i could get a huge turbo for the car for $5k i'd still need to beef up the tranny and i wouldn't think it was worth all the money i'm putting in since the most i will get is a 12 sec car with all that work...i know that is extremely fast but if i am putting that much money into a car that already cost me $29k out of the dealership (i didn't pay that much don't worry) i just don't think its worth it

its mainly the auto tranny that kills me though...i hate it

and the brakes...even w/ my upgraded brakes they still aren't great and i didn't feel like spending 2k on a big brake kit

there are just a number of small things that i have beef with on my car...overall i do really enjoy it but i'd rather have something smaller, quicker, that handles better and for the same price...i realize the maxima yields the price it does because it is a large car but i am honestly not in need of such a big car...i rarely have more than 1 other person in the car with me and when i do they complain of the lack of space anyways (i'm 6'4'' so i like the seat all the way back)...i don't know, just tons of little things that add up

i'm defenitely getting a new car so don't try to convince me not to...even if it were possible, it would take hours of convincing
Old 11-25-2001, 01:18 AM

i'm defenitely getting a new car so don't try to convince me not to...even if it were possible, it would take hours of convincing
unless your parents say no to a cosign

ha ha ha
Old 11-25-2001, 09:13 PM

i am happy that i am able to afford such a nice car but i feel as though i am looking for much more from this car in a way and much less in other ways...i am looking for more power/cornering ability and am looking for less size...i feel that because i worked my *** off to pay for this car i should be able to get exactly what i want since i have the money...and exactly what i want includes a stick shift...don't get me wrong,i really enjoyed the max and will enjoy it until the summer but the time has come for me to finally get a stick shift...for some reason i settled when i bought this car and got an auto because i wanted all the other options and there were no sticks w/ side airbags anywhere to be found

so i realize that to you it may be nonsense but to me it makes all the difference in the world...i realize that i have made my car an extention of my personality...i just feel that for that much money i can get something that would be much more fun and thats what driving is all about to me...fun...don't get me wrong, i am an incredibly safe driver and have learned plenty of different driving techniques but fun is still had in any car i'm driving...some are just mroe fun that others and ever since i got my car i have been trying to trade it in for a stick...either of a max or of another car...now i am finally going to do it...

i know some of you think my reasons for doing this may be pointless but i feel that they are 100% meaningful and legit and when i spend this much money, i want the car to be everything i want it to be

so i posted this so all of you would try to give me pros and cons of different cars out there in my price range that fit into the categories i'm looking at

hogan, what did you end up doing exactly to land you in what you are dealing with right now? its ok if you don't want to talk about it or anything but if so, leave me a message at MrBurner@qwest.net

so whats the verdict on the vw gti? that is becoming one of my more serious considerations
Old 11-25-2001, 09:16 PM

i am happy that i am able to afford such a nice car but i feel as though i am looking for much more from this car in a way and much less in other ways...i am looking for more power/cornering ability and am looking for less size...i feel that because i worked my *** off to pay for this car i should be able to get exactly what i want since i have the money...and exactly what i want includes a stick shift...don't get me wrong,i really enjoyed the max and will enjoy it until the summer but the time has come for me to finally get a stick shift...for some reason i settled when i bought this car and got an auto because i wanted all the other options and there were no sticks w/ side airbags anywhere to be found

so i realize that to you it may be nonsense but to me it makes all the difference in the world...i realize that i have made my car an extention of my personality...i just feel that for that much money i can get something that would be much more fun and thats what driving is all about to me...fun...don't get me wrong, i am an incredibly safe driver and have learned plenty of different driving techniques but fun is still had in any car i'm driving...some are just mroe fun that others and ever since i got my car i have been trying to trade it in for a stick...either of a max or of another car...now i am finally going to do it...

i know some of you think my reasons for doing this may be pointless but i feel that they are 100% meaningful and legit and when i spend this much money, i want the car to be everything i want it to be

so i posted this so all of you would try to give me pros and cons of different cars out there in my price range that fit into the categories i'm looking at

hogan, what did you end up doing exactly to land you in what you are dealing with right now? its ok if you don't want to talk about it or anything but if so, leave me a message at MrBurner@qwest.net

so whats the verdict on the vw gti? that is becoming one of my more serious considerations

btw, this server is F*CKING REDICULOUS...no sig pics and they still have constant server overloads...i've been trying to post this message at least 5 times now
Old 11-26-2001, 08:09 AM

well..you got one sweet max bro and i got you to thank for givin me the info to get the kamikaze kit. im like 6 foot tall and the max is pretty comfortable for me. if youre not happy with it..i guess u just want to move on. whatevers the case..wish u the best in the future. time for me to get some basics..ypipe catback and the works.. if youre ever in the NY area..give us a holler or somethin..maybe hogan and a couple of us can show you some true maxima performance an get u to change your mind lol PeaCe
Old 11-26-2001, 09:04 AM

well i'm in ohio and i'm bringing my car down here in about a month...if any of you guys want to meet halfway or something we could do that sometime...like over a weekend or something...i dont' know if i want to drive all the way to NY though because i'm going to be putting 2k miles each way on the car and i plan to sell it over the summer..but we'll see when the time comes...whats midway? i have a friend in PA that i could stay with if you want to meet in PA or something...she lives down by philly
Old 11-26-2001, 09:20 AM

yeah she...i haven't seen her in 2 years and she was planning on coming here to visit sometime after january...she said she's had a boyfriend for 8 months but "needs to break up with him if she comes here"

so anyways...she lives right by philly...i'm going home in 3 weeks for winter break and then bringing the car up...school starts up on jan 14th so figure the following weekend would be good...around jan 21st or so but i'll defenitely email you when we get closer to that date...we can have a mini meet i guess
Old 11-26-2001, 11:00 AM

well i'm not driving it up w/ the body kit so...

you can always drive to arizona over my winter break...me and a few friends are going to cali for a couple days

tons of hotties

we are going to cali early january...i know its a long drive but you will be able to meet all the west coast people and won't have to worry about snow or anything
Old 11-26-2001, 12:22 PM

Here is my .02$. I think the Volkswagen 2 dr fastback 5speed is a modders dream or even a 5speed jetta. The supra is high maintenence. But if you get one, I have a set of 18x9 and 18x10 speedlines 3pc wheels w/ your name on it. They came off of a friends 95 supra!
Old 11-26-2001, 01:27 PM

well since the supra is out of the question...i want to get some 18s or so on whatever i get...how big can i fit on the gti? i'm looking into lightweight wheels but i'd like to go at least 17s or 18s

i really like the wheels that skylinegtr or maximagtr or whatever his name has (he has a black 4th gen w/ black powdercoated wheels...i think 17s or 18s...lightweight)
Old 11-26-2001, 01:32 PM

well since the supra is out of the question...i want to get some 18s or so on whatever i get...how big can i fit on the gti? i'm looking into lightweight wheels but i'd like to go at least 17s or 18s

i really like the wheels that skylinegtr or maximagtr or whatever his name has (he has a black 4th gen w/ black powdercoated wheels...i think 17s or 18s...lightweight)
Gti will hold 19x8 with a 235-35 tightly
Old 11-26-2001, 01:35 PM

are the EVO and STI even available in the USA?
Old 11-26-2001, 01:36 PM

yo, that 2003 Supra link is a doctored pic of a 90's model...so don't get all excited about that one...
Old 11-26-2001, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by bcannon
are the EVO and STI even available in the USA?
give it time..they will be.....well probably see two versions of the evo, a wrx fighter and an sti fighter
Old 12-19-2001, 12:33 AM

sorry to bring this thread back to life but i need some more advice

i'm home now...going to drive my car back to ohio in a few weeks

while being here, i test drove some cars...here is the story

went to vw...talked to a salesman about a gti 1.8t 5spd...he said they are really rare and he would have to check his computer...so i start looking at the gti info pamphlet and he goes and helps some other customer so i took off

then i went to acura to test drive the rsx-s...loved it...its a great size car for what i'm looking for...it was quick (6.1 0-60, 14.6 1/4)...and the best part is that it is 200hp stock for $23k which means i can afford a turbo whenever one comes out...rumors of a greddy turbo that has almost reached completion that brings hp upto 320...i haven't heard a ton about that though...anyways, back to the point...the rsx-s was great...wasn't cheap at all...seemed to be very well made...great clutch and shifter (throws could be a little shorter but a st shifter will fix that right up)...and the interior is great looking and feeling and its got side airbags...the 2 downsides to the car is that it does not have a middle armrest and it doesn't handle so well in stock form

next i went over to toyota to test out the celica gts...they had 1 in a stick and it had the action package...they wanted $28k for it...i figured that i would never pay that much for it but i'd give it a shot...the car was exactly what a few of my friends told me...nothing special...it had a number of poor features including enormous blind spots, kinda cramped front seats, and the material they use for the roofing interior is really cheap looking/feeling...so i really didn't like that so much...especially for the price

then i went over to lexus to test out an is300 stick...even though i new it was out of my price range, just to compare it to the others...i really like the car but the stick shift on the car sucks...the clutch bends inwards at the top and my size 14 feet kept getting stuck on the release of the clutch so my right foot would be ready and it would slowly rev up the engine because i kept assuming that my left foot would lift off but it kept getting stuck...so the interior is great but the stick on it isn't so amazing...out of my price range so anyways...

then i went over to this auto complex where i looked at a volvo s60 t5 (out of my price range), and i looked at a mitsubishi eclipse v6...i didn't even bother test driving one...the interior and exterior just seemed so crappy...even though they were only 20k fully loaded...i didn't even consider it

then i went over to subaru to test drive an impreza wrx 5spd (my friend at school has an auto but now he lets me take it out whenever ...so anyways...the impreza drove nicely...it is a very quick and strong feeling car and easy to mod...downsides include the cheap looking/feeling interior and exterior....just seems that they use cheap materials because my friends wrx rattles everywhere at the smallest bass note in any rap song (stock stereo)...and they really don't handle as well as everyone says...well they do and don't...they have a lot of bodyroll and the tires suck so a little suspension work would help a lot...they just seem to slide all over the place and it's got more bodyroll than my car so...

so anyways...i need to test drive the gti sometime...with a different salesman but right now the rsx-s is way way way up there and the wrx following in 2nd place...those are really the 2 cars i'm considering right now after test driving all the others...gotta test out the gti to see if that can be put into the competition...what does everyone think of the rsx type s? pros and cons? its the new integra so it should have a huge aftermarket and i'd get it during the summer so i'd be one of few people to have stuff done to the rsx at that point...anyone hear anything about the tranny strength or anything? i'm hoping if i get it over the summer to have it running 12s towards the end of the summer w/ a turbo/ic/bov/ecu/all bolt ons/afc...that sounds pretty doable in my opinion...another plus of the rsx is that its an acura so i get a rental car if i ever bring it in
Old 12-19-2001, 01:03 AM

I'd say the RSX is your best bet. The GTI only makes around 170hp and probably already has a smaller aftermarket than the RSX. Also, parts will probably be more expensive because its european. It looks too girly anyways.
What about the Sentra SE-R (is it not out yet?), Prelude, or Audi A4?

Good luck
Old 12-19-2001, 11:37 AM

I know I posted before to keep your car...but I guess an rsx wouldnt be too bad...personally the wrx is fast etc but it already has a turbo on it meaning other then a few mods thats almost or mostly all the power your going to get, and the subarus I dont think have a huge aftermarket......I am not too big of a fan for acuras and rsx's...but out of all the cars you chose Id go with that...did you consider the jetta 1.8t? I think they are really nice especially with the european support, the gti is just too small....as someone said the sentra se-r is nice and is around 18k new which leaves a lot of $ for mods....other then that I dont see much choice but the rsx...one last car I would recomend is trying the bmw 3 series, I know it is out of your price range but I have seen the e46 style going for about 21-25k used with the bit stronger v6....just something to look into....uhm jsut trying to think what else is out there...give those a try and hopefully you will come upon your decision...btw why are your parents making you take the body kit off etc when u take the car to college?
Old 12-19-2001, 01:06 PM

AdMax98, the gti makes 180hp i believe and apparently has a huge aftermarket...but yeah, parts will most likely be more expsnsive...about the sentra ser...i am not a big fan of the looks of the sentra...i mean i'll go to nissan one of these days to test drive the new 6spd max and the sentra ser, but i don't find it to be an appealing anyways...prelude is kinda expensive for what you get (in my opinion) and an audi a4 w/ the options i want totals 31k

maximaracer28...with turbo cars you can upgrade the turbos etc...the only problem w/ the wrx is that the stock tranny can only hold 300 or so hp (i'm not positive on that number)....subaru's in general don't have a big aftermarket but the wrx is getting huge aftermarket support

i did kind of consider the jetta 1.8t but its a bit big...i was hoping to go for a 2 door this time around...and i can't afford the bmw 3 series...the only e46 i'd consider is a 330 (others are too slow for my liking) and even used they fetch a low 30k price tag around here...also, i'm not sure if i put this in the original thread but i am not allowed to get a used car...something they have against used cars...if i could, i'd be driving around in a 6spd supra tt as we speak

my parents aren't making me take the body kit off, but i am kinda making myself take it off...i go to college in this little redneck hic town where there are very few nice cars...the last thing i want is to have some redneck kid look at my car and say "gee...i sure thing ma would be proud of me if i scratched that nice car up"

yes, that is what people do in that town for fun
Old 12-19-2001, 03:47 PM

Any idea's from history what a turbo on the new acura would go for? Just thinking that the 320HP sounds awfull nice.

SuDZ
Old 12-19-2001, 05:07 PM

i'd assume in the high 2-mid 3 thousand $ price range...acura parts tend to be a little cheaper since they can sell so many...but it is greddy...i'm guessing low to mid 3's
Old 12-19-2001, 07:52 PM

Go RSX-s

After all, it is an Acura. There will be TONS of aftermarket support for this car. 200hp and six speeds is a pretty good place to start too.
The RSX-s gets my vote.

Quick Reply: Current Situation...what to do?