5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Do not overfill

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2000, 09:21 AM

I know I posted this a while back...but I am going to warn all of the people that may have over looked the last post.

DO NOT try to fill this car up to the brim at the gaspump!

I made this mistake...and I am pissed! It stained the bumper and I have tried everything possible to fix it. I am considering having the dealer do something when I take the car in to get the bumper fixed for the trunk deal. Maybe I could have them do this little repair for me as well!

That extra half gallon is not worth it!!!!!! Be careful! If any gas does spill over make sure you clean thoroughly!
Old 11-06-2000, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by MOBOY
I when I take the car in to get the bumper fixed for the trunk deal.
Man what trunk deal? I posted the other day and no one put a answer up. whats the problem with the trunk? U got the pearl I think thats the problem with your color fading. I've spilled a bit B4 but I wash with a little water at the pump. the pearl fades fast if U don't take care of it.
Old 11-06-2000, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by PIONEER
I when I take the car in to get the bumper fixed for the trunk deal.
Man what trunk deal? I posted the other day and no one put a answer up. whats the problem with the trunk? U got the pearl I think thats the problem with your color fading. I've spilled a bit B4 but I wash with a little water at the pump. the pearl fades fast if U don't take care of it.
The trunk deal:

Look at the bottom of the trunk where it meets the bumper. For some reason the bumper rubs on the trunk lid....or vice versa...and is rubbing paint. It will be hard to detect on your color...but on the pearl it is making some light black makes where it is rubbing
Old 11-06-2000, 12:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I know I posted this a while back...but I am going to warn all of the people that may have over looked the last post.

DO NOT try to fill this car up to the brim at the gaspump!

I made this mistake...and I am pissed! It stained the bumper and I have tried everything possible to fix it. I am considering having the dealer do something when I take the car in to get the bumper fixed for the trunk deal. Maybe I could have them do this little repair for me as well!

That extra half gallon is not worth it!!!!!! Be careful! If any gas does spill over make sure you clean thoroughly!

I don't overfill anyway, it's bad for the environment.

/aac
Old 11-06-2000, 08:16 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

it never happened when i didnt have my spoiler. once i got the spoiler, i noticed it.
Old 11-06-2000, 08:26 PM

Sure...

I've never overfilled my tank until I read your post today! You put the whammy on me! It stoppped at 20.94 so i rounds up 6 flipping cents and...gurgle! All down the side of my car.....

So my neighbors think I'm a moron standing outside with a flashlight throwning cups of hot water on the side of my car
Old 11-06-2000, 08:29 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

dont the pumps usually auto stop when its full... ive never had an overflow...
Old 11-06-2000, 08:34 PM
jetdriver1975

Originally posted by MaximaZero
dont the pumps usually auto stop when its full... ive
never had an overflow...
The pump is supposed to stop when it is full. I had a Nissan Pulsar that used to stop at 3/4 of the way - I don't know anything about gas pumps, but it seems like sometimes, like on a hot day, more backpressure in your gas tank will cause the pump to stop filling early. Who knows... I'm no "pump" expert... so to speak.