5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What could it be?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:51 AM

What could it be?

Car: Canadian 2002 Max SE Automatic Trans.

Warning Light: A/T CHECK light flashing at every start up.

Symtoms: Every time i start the car, put it in D, it doesnt feel like it's in 1st gear. You know it's in 1st gear when it rolls out by itself with the foot off the brake and gas padle, like you're in line of traffic, moving up a little bit by a little bit, you understand, yes?

But the car is not doing that, instead it's stuck in one gear, no clue at all what geat it's in and it doesnt move as if it was in 1st gear, it would just stay there.

Now when i give some gas, RPM goes up close to 2000 and i can tell that the engine is working so hard just to get going and the car SLOWWLY starts to move, I HAVE TO keep restarting the car until i know it's in 1st gear before i drive and it's soooo annoying.

I've read around about this, some say clean or replace the MAF sensor, some say replace the TCM, some say clean the sensors that's hooked to the tranny, some say use SEAFOAM.

I called stealership and they want 99.99+taxes for just scanning the TCM .

Tring to get the code by following A/T 51 doesnt work for me.

So im gonna clean the MAF sensor and the ones that's hooked to the tranny and see what happens.

Gotta get back to work now, be back later

Last edited by maxximaa; 06-13-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:20 PM

cleaned the 2 Rev sensors and their connectors and other two connectors.

Results: Light still flashing, I have to wait over night to see if the tranny would still stuck.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sounds to me like you've got a bad MAF. And possibly a bad coil pack or two. flashing usually means misfire if u don't hear any other anoying ticking sounds. check the codes and see what cylinder has low compression, then take the wires off that cylinder and se if it changes....also look at the plug on the cylinder and see if it's wet after you've ran it for a min. with any luck a 100 MAF and an 80 coil pack and you'll be in buisness