5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxima got tagged by a motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Maxima got tagged by a motorcycle

Well after 6 years I finally got into an accident. A motocycle taking a curve too wide hit me in my front quarterpanel. The roof buckled all around the sunroof and the airbags deployed. The trunk won't close all the way and the exhaust is misaligned. Haven't got an estemate yet, but anyone think it's even worth fixing? Mind you I live in Germany and getting US spec parts here is a pain...

Last edited by Onemax; 06-24-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:42 AM

She's totaled man. Thats a freaking shame because you had a very clean looking maxima. How injured is the cycle rider?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 AM

Cryin Shame! what a nice max too...
I hope the biker is dead! jk, but he better have totaled the motorcycle too.

I really like the color of that car, I havent seen blue before, is that factory?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by PulsarGTS
She's totaled man. Thats a freaking shame because you had a very clean looking maxima. How injured is the cycle rider?
yeah...if you got hit in the front quarter and you are having trouble closing the trunk, who knows what is bent/damaged in between. I would think the frame is bent in order for that to happen which would probably lead to it getting totalled.

I hope you and the motorcycle rider are both ok.....(even though he did that to your car )
Old 06-24-2009, 11:10 AM
nycnissans

DAMMM how hard does a bike have to hit you to twist the unibody like that.......is he dead?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:14 AM

It's totaled. The whole structure is tweaked. Between the suspension, airbags, frame, windshield and body/paint there's just too much cost involved. That doesn't even account for what they would find when they started pulling it apart.

Yeah, The majestic blue is a factory color.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 AM

totally totaled... how sad dude, diz car looks sexii.. good luck man
Old 06-24-2009, 11:48 AM

Riders had to be airlifted to the hospital. Last I heard he was alive but pretty messed up. After the collision he was hit again by the car right behind me.

On a lighter note, at least I got a decent rental. Brand new 320 diesel.

Last edited by Onemax; 06-24-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Did you run up over the motorcycle, thats the only way I can think of causing that much damage to a frame like that. Hope the guy comes out okay and I'm glad to see your okay after a hit like that.

Best of luck to getting it straightened out, not bad with the rental either
Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

A bike did that?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:13 PM

wow i would never imagine a bike to do that.. glad you're okay and the biker is doing alright.. whats gonna be your next car since it's most likely totaled?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:35 PM

That sucks....
Old 06-24-2009, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Onemax
Mind you I live in Germany and getting US spec parts here is a pain...
you bought the max over there or you exported it to Germany ?
Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 PM

how's the biker? being a biker, I'm more concered about the rider.
and you bought your maxima all the way to germany?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 PM

holy crap. I hope the bikers fine
Old 06-24-2009, 08:35 PM

daymn
Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by danger300z
you bought the max over there or you exported it to Germany ?
Yup
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Squirrel82
Yup
lol yup as in he bought it over there or yup he exported it to germany?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA
lol yup as in he bought it over there or yup he exported it to germany?
well german cars have wheels on the right side of the car, so he probably imported the car. i think? lol
Old 06-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by nzelinsky
Cryin Shame! what a nice max too...
I hope the biker is dead! jk, but he better have totaled the motorcycle too.

I really like the color of that car, I havent seen blue before, is that factory?
WOW, that's NOT funny at all regardless if you're kidding or not.

To the OP, sorry about the accident, but I think you're car is beyond repair at this point.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:01 AM

damn this totally sucks i remember when i crashed my max i was super sad... how did a bike do so much damage??
Old 06-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

sucks man, glad you are okay.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:58 AM

def beyond repair...i also cant believe a bike did that...i mean look at that rim holy ****. Hope everyone's ok.

this made my max sad..she says
Old 06-25-2009, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Col Ronson
well german cars have wheels on the right side of the car, so he probably imported the car. i think? lol
Um.....fail...

Old 06-25-2009, 06:37 AM

Ouch. Definitely totaled. Let us know if you find anything else out about the biker's condition. Sorry about your car.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:30 AM

Did he slide the bike into you? That guy has a really long recovery ahead of him, My wife is an OT (well not quite, still finishing school) but she has alot of hours at Kessler (rehab center for accident victims, stroke, heart attack and so on) and this guy will probably never be right again. At least you are OK...No wonder my wife pressed me so hard to get rid of my CBR 929.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 AM

To everyone that can't believe a bike did this, it's probably an 800 lb bike minimum if not more, not a BMX petal bike. I'm surprised he got away with so little damage considering the bike was coming directly at him, (speed x + speed y equals a hard hit) Definitely appears that the bike was already down when it hit this car, and just generated damage all the way under it. Yes it's going to be expensive to fix, but not necessarily totaled. That depends on the value of the car currently and if insurance is going by the book. But that said, would you want to drive a car that was fixed after this much damage?

To the biker: maybe next time you'll learn to drive a little safer. Thank goodness you didn't hurt anyone but yourself. I have no pity for someone willing to put that much flesh exposed to that much metal on the road. Chances are he did something stupid that put him in this mess. Yup, no sympathy except to his family.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 AM

I wonder how fast the guy on the bike was to cause that damage, thats pretty impressive
Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
WOW, that's NOT funny at all regardless if you're kidding or not.
In all truth I wasnt joking.
No mercy or sympathy to anybody who causes that kind of damage to such a beautiful car. Esspecially a motorcycle, those guys are always racing around and ripping between cars. Probably had it coming
Old 06-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

No mercy or sympathy to anybody who causes that kind of damage to such a beautiful car. Esspecially a motorcycle, those guys are always racing around and ripping between cars. Probably had it coming
You're pretty ignorant aren't you? So a run of the mill Maxima is worth more to you than a human life? Great philosophy there, Sport. You think that every person that rides a motorcycle is "asking for it"? How do you know that the guy that hit the OP's car didn't lose it on some gravel or swerve to miss a car that pulled out in front of him which might have caused him to take the curve too wide? Not too many bikers race around turns at intersections. Maybe you should just refrain from talking about things you don't quite understand.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM

You're pretty ignorant aren't you? So a run of the mill Maxima is worth more to you than a human life? Great philosophy there, Sport. You think that every person that rides a motorcycle is "asking for it"? How do you know that the guy that hit the OP's car didn't lose it on some gravel or swerve to miss a car that pulled out in front of him which might have caused him to take the curve too wide? Not too many bikers race around turns at intersections. Maybe you should just refrain from talking about things you don't quite understand.
Listen SPORT, I dont wanna argue Im just being honest. Motorcycles **** me off on the road. Thats just MY OPINION.

Sorry if it offends any motorcycle lovers or decent human beings out there, that was not my intention.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

So because they **** you off on the road, you hope this guy (whom you don't even know) dies?

Pretty messed up man.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:38 PM

I may be messed up, dont deny it.
At least im not a fan of the blue man group...

Im done, dont expect me to reply to any more of your comments
Old 06-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Turbo'd Saab

:metalmax:

Human life > a car.

Last edited by DrunkieTheBear; 06-25-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

I may be messed up, dont deny it.
At least im not a fan of the blue man group...

Im done, dont expect me to reply to any more of your comments
I don't know, maybe I'm a little sensitive to the topic because I ride and I lost a buddy who died when a car pulled out in front of him in March. Or maybe I just care about people in general vs automobiles.

Don't knock Tobias, he's the man...well kinda.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:53 PM

damn thats bad, i hope the rider is ok and i hope you get another max
Old 06-25-2009, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL

To the biker: maybe next time you'll learn to drive a little safer. Thank goodness you didn't hurt anyone but yourself. I have no pity for someone willing to put that much flesh exposed to that much metal on the road. Chances are he did something stupid that put him in this mess. Yup, no sympathy except to his family.
How do you know it was the rider's fault? Maybe he had to take the turn too wide to avoid something. As a rider I can tell you that we always try to avoid taking wide turns.

Apparently you people dont know how hard it is riding a motorcycle on the streets. Cars run stop signs, dont yield to bikers and really dont give a crap about bikers. We have so much to look out for. You hate bikers, well we kinda hate you too since you do all of the above. Dont like that generalization? Then dont generalize about bikers. Kthxbye

Sorry OP, I dont mean to derail your thread. You lost a great looking car...hurts to see that.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Bad *** Newb

You gotta pay to play. If I kill myself doing 130 on the interstate, big deal. I know the risk involved. The same goes for the biker. No sympathy needs to be granted if he was being reckless.

And a very clean max. Majestic blue looks better and better every time I see it.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by pbn85
How do you know it was the rider's fault? Maybe he had to take the turn too wide to avoid something. As a rider I can tell you that we always try to avoid taking wide turns.

Apparently you people dont know how hard it is riding a motorcycle on the streets. Cars run stop signs, dont yield to bikers and really dont give a crap about bikers. We have so much to look out for. You hate bikers, well we kinda hate you too since you do all of the above. Dont like that generalization? Then dont generalize about bikers. Kthxbye

Sorry OP, I dont mean to derail your thread. You lost a great looking car...hurts to see that.
Apparently you guys that ride bikes make it a science to become invisible; and see nothing wrong with excessive speeds and extreme acceleration that put you in places quicker, which doesn't give other drivers the chance to evaluate the road accurately enough to watch out for you. My favorite one is when a bike puts his head over into oncoming lanes during sharp left turns. Take the f-n turn wide so I don't end up with your head in my lap! And why so close to my rear bumper...and why hug the line so you're in everyone's blind spots? Point being, make yourselves more visible in your driving habbit and you'd be surprised how much better "other drivers" become.

I speak generally about all bikers. I know that some out there are genuinely safe and defensive...or maybe it's only one, I'm not sure.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:21 AM

You're pretty ignorant aren't you?
You think that every person that rides a motorcycle is "asking for it"?
Now look at who's naive...anyone willing to take risks by getting on a bike exposing their flesh to the misfortunes of the road gets what he gets because he's stupid enough to be out there without a metal shell around him. His choice, not mine, and yes, I think all bikers are "asking for it". It's part of the thrill of riding, isn't it?

And when you take that heightened risk and amplify it by driving recklessly, that equals 0 sympathy from me. Grant it, I don't know the circumstances the biker in this wreck experienced, but never the less, if he was more defensive chances are he wouldn't have put the bike down and hit this guys car.

Quick Reply: Maxima got tagged by a motorcycle