5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxima got tagged by a motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
Apparently you guys that ride bikes make it a science to become invisible; and see nothing wrong with excessive speeds and extreme acceleration that put you in places quicker, which doesn't give other drivers the chance to evaluate the road accurately enough to watch out for you. My favorite one is when a bike puts his head over into oncoming lanes during sharp left turns. Take the f-n turn wide so I don't end up with your head in my lap! And why so close to my rear bumper...and why hug the line so you're in everyone's blind spots? Point being, make yourselves more visible in your driving habbit and you'd be surprised how much better "other drivers" become.

I speak generally about all bikers. I know that some out there are genuinely safe and defensive...or maybe it's only one, I'm not sure.
bikers are invisible pretty much to all car drivers. because cagers have metal shells around them doesnt mean they can drive without seeing other people on the road. sometimes bikers dont choose to be in your blind spots, there are always cars on the road. but as speeding, a little fast is considered safe maybe that's why bikers **** you off most.
I'm a cager and a biker, and I've been down by an old lady not seeing me. five weeks with a broken collarbone. but nothing beats getting back on bikes afterwards. cages are just boring.

Last edited by jasonmax; 06-26-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by nzelinsky
Listen SPORT, I dont wanna argue Im just being honest. Motorcycles **** me off on the road. Thats just MY OPINION.

Sorry if it offends any motorcycle lovers or decent human beings out there, that was not my intention.
why motorcycles **** you off on the road? becasue they are faster and they can get into small gaps?
not saying cagers **** off we bikers all the time. lane changes without looking, tailgating.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:48 AM

Share the road children.

You don't OWN the moral majority simply because WE as motorcyclists CHOOSE to take the risk of riding -- and you're right WE do CHOOSE to take that risk.
You DO have the obligation to give us EVERY opportunity AND more to share the roads with you...because well, uh that's the LAW.
You wanna be an ******* and use us as game-posts, well -- i guess that's how YOU roll. Your momma raised a REAL PEACH with you....I bet she's proud.
I don't deny there's ALOT of bikers out there who ride like douchebags, but I'm here to tell you -- statistically, 85% of ALL accidents involving car vs. motorcycle = car didn't SEE motorcycle.

I feel bad for this guy and his car, but he walked-away and will undoubtedly get comped from his insurance company.
It's a CAR -- it can be replaced.

The other TWO people Didn't walk-away....and that is sad.-- regardless of the circumstances.

gr
Old 06-26-2009, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by jasonmax
bikers are invisible pretty much to all car drivers. because cagers have metal shells around them doesnt mean they can drive without seeing other people on the road. sometimes bikers dont choose to be in your blind spots, there are always cars on the road. but as speeding, a little fast is considered safe maybe that's why bikers **** you off most.
I'm a cager and a biker, and I've been down by an old lady not seeing me. five weeks with a broken collarbone. but nothing beats getting back on bikes afterwards. cages are just boring.
Bikers need to remind themselves just how much harder it is to see them at a glance, NOT that drivers don't see them. Defense my friend...you're the little bug on the road. Most drivers are glancing in all directions as they should. So when you come up from behind 0 to 60 in 4 seconds, chances are in that time the driver may have checked that spot twice, and both times you weren't there--now all of a sudden you are. When I speak of speeding, I mean either this immense acceleration, or speeding 20-30 MPH faster then posted speeds. Of course that's going to make a bike near invisible to a driver that's not anticipating that kind of acceleration/speed. You say "sometime" bikers don't choose to be in the blind spots...but what about when they do choose to be there? That's careless, and they've made themselves virtually invisible, especially if they got to that spot very quickly.

You can rant and rave about car drivers all day long, but in the end it's the bikers responsibility to make himself visible if he wants other drivers to be able to avoid striking him. Isn't that why you have to get specially licensed to drive them? You have to learn to be EXTRA defensive since it's your a$$ out there exposed.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider17
Share the road children.

You don't OWN the moral majority simply because WE as motorcyclists CHOOSE to take the risk of riding -- and you're right WE do CHOOSE to take that risk.
You DO have the obligation to give us EVERY opportunity AND more to share the roads with you...because well, uh that's the LAW.
You wanna be an ******* and use us as game-posts, well -- i guess that's how YOU roll. Your momma raised a REAL PEACH with you....I bet she's proud.
I don't deny there's ALOT of bikers out there who ride like douchebags, but I'm here to tell you -- statistically, 85% of ALL accidents involving car vs. motorcycle = car didn't SEE motorcycle.

I feel bad for this guy and his car, but he walked-away and will undoubtedly get comped from his insurance company.
It's a CAR -- it can be replaced.

The other TWO people Didn't walk-away....and that is sad.-- regardless of the circumstances.

gr
Share the road you say? Does that mean sharing a lane as a biker passes between cars on a line at 50+ MPH? I know in CA they have lane sharing laws when freeway speeds are below 40 MPH, but in most every other state you can't traverse a line between cars at any speed, but I see douches on bikes doing it all the time.

85% you say is "car didn't see Motor cycle", how may of those were caused because the biker was aggressively positioning himself, and/or tucked into a blind spot before the contact? Sure the car driver may have been cited, but chances are the biker should have been cited for the inappropriate speeding/lane changing, blind spot positioning.

Listen, I'm not high and mighty, I'm just sick of hearing everyone spouting that it's the car drivers responsibility to see the biker...you see it on bumper stickers, on ambulance chaser TV commercials, and even here. Where's the campaign to enlighten bikers to stop driving like douchebags? When you see a responsible defensive biker on the road it's very rare, but I guarantee you, EVERY car driver sees him!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:21 AM

Most likely totalled, but I'm curious how insurance policies and laws in Germany work regarding this. That might make it slightly easier to lead you in the right direction...
Old 06-26-2009, 07:22 AM

Share the road you say? Does that mean sharing a lane as a biker passes between cars on a line at 50+ MPH? I know in CA they have lane sharing laws when freeway speeds are below 40 MPH, but in most every other state you can't traverse a line between cars at any speed, but I see douches on bikes doing it all the time.

85% you say is "car didn't see Motor cycle", how may of those were caused because the biker was aggressively positioning himself, and/or tucked into a blind spot before the contact? Sure the car driver may have been cited, but chances are the biker should have been cited for the inappropriate speeding/lane changing, blind spot positioning.

Listen, I'm not high and mighty, I'm just sick of hearing everyone spouting that it's the car drivers responsibility to see the biker...you see it on bumper stickers, on ambulance chaser TV commercials, and even here. Where's the campaign to enlighten bikers to stop driving like douchebags? When you see a responsible defensive biker on the road it's very rare, but I guarantee you, EVERY car driver sees him!
once again, dont put motorcyclists and car drivers at the same level, just becasue we share the same road doesnt mean we can handle same impact as cars.
do you slow down when people crossing the road? or just becasue they share the same road as you so you can run them over?
Old 06-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It seems youre oblivious to anything I and the others had to say so I wont even get into it anymore. You seem to be the typical cager that gets mocked on bike forums. Thanks for providing us the entertainment. Stop shifting all the responsibility on the road to bikers and start taking responsibility for your own actions as well.

Regardless of what you drive/ride you should always be defensive. Yes, there are biker's that ride carelessly showing zero level of responsibility (hell my friends are like that and that's the reason I dont ride with them anymore) but I bet you there are tons more car driver's who break the law even more....talking on the cell phone while driving (not sure if its legal/illegal on your state but its illegal in mine), lane switching w/o signals and not stopping at signs. Because of you guys local riding is full of hazards and I choose to hop on the highway asap b/c there I only need to worry about staying out of blind spots and keeping my distance. Oh yea I also have to worry about cars tailgating me....one snip of my rear tire and Im gone. But I guess that would be my fault too
Old 06-26-2009, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by pbn85
It seems youre oblivious to anything I and the others had to say so I wont even get into it anymore. You seem to be the typical cager that gets mocked on bike forums. Thanks for providing us the entertainment. Stop shifting all the responsibility on the road to bikers and start taking responsibility for your own actions as well.

I never took it that I'm not just as responsible to keep my distance from a bike, and be sure not to pull out in front of them or change lanes into them, even the douches changing lanes two inches behind me far exceeding the speed. I watch out for them all the time because I don't want to get hit, and then get the blame for his aggressive driving. I absolutely do my part.

And for the record, I've never tailgated a bike, but been tailgated hundreds of time by bikers. I feel your pain, but can't figure out for the life of me, if it's that important that bikers protect their tires, why do they tailgate???

It's because I do my part so well that I can spot from a mile away where a biker is taking far more chances then he should be if he wants to remain visible and alive. It's because I do my part that I feel obligated to warn anyone that rides a bike to be aware that they are invisible in large part because they forget that drivers in cars can't see all the way around as easily or quickly as they can. Add to that the typical biker drives far differently then a car, in such a way that most car drivers can't fully grasp their potential for acceleration and easily misjudge the situation because the typical biker is driving OFFENSIVLY.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by jasonmax
once again, dont put motorcyclists and car drivers at the same level, just becasue we share the same road doesnt mean we can handle same impact as cars.
do you slow down when people crossing the road? or just becasue they share the same road as you so you can run them over?

Exactly the point I've been making all along. You're obviously not reading any of it. Point is, bikers are the ones with so much on the line, yet the typical biker is far more aggressive, and OFFENSIVE than the car drivers. If the bikers were more DEFENSIVE, and protected their A$$, they'd be less likely to be in close calls.

I'm not discounting that there are plenty of retarded car drivers out there. But me being one of the more observant drivers out there, I can tell you it's the bikers that call the attention to themselves with their recklessness.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:18 AM

dam dat was a clean maxima
Old 06-26-2009, 09:19 AM

In all truth I wasnt joking.
No mercy or sympathy to anybody who causes that kind of damage to such a beautiful car. Esspecially a motorcycle, those guys are always racing around and ripping between cars. Probably had it coming
What a fukcing scumbag you are. Please don't ever reproduce, and if you do, make sure it stays in Canada.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:20 AM

I totally agree 100%. Bikers are most commonly way too agressive. I NEVER tailgate a motorcycle cause I dont want to squish thos little guys. But everytime one gets behind me they ride so close to my bumper like 2ft at 60-80mph- are you stupid or just trying to kill yourself??! Then when they want to pass they ride in ur blind spot and then come flying around you and you cant see them coming at all...

All you bikers out there that are bashing drivers for not seeing you should really re-think your position on the road. I am always on the lookout and try to keep my distance from bikes because I dont want to kill anybody, but I swear some people are asking for it by the way they ride.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by mannetti21
What a fukcing scumbag you are. Please don't ever reproduce, and if you do, make sure it stays in Canada.
Sounds like a hit a chord there. I bet ur one of the A$$holes who likes to rip around between cars. I hope u get run down
Old 06-26-2009, 09:28 AM

Sounds like a hit a chord there. I bet ur one of the A$$holes who likes to rip around between cars. I hope u get run down
No I'm one of the a$$holes that have had 3 friends die on a bike, one of which who was hit by a drunk driver, another that was hit by an a$$hole who blew a red light, and another who was hit head-on by someone who didn't know how to stay on their side of the road.

So again, I will state that you are fukcing scumbag.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 AM

No I'm one of the a$$holes that have had 3 friends die on a bike, one of which who was hit by a drunk driver, another that was hit by an a$$hole who blew a red light, and another who was hit head-on by someone who didn't know how to stay on their side of the road.

So again, I will state that you are fukcing scumbag.
Well just remember I didnt hit any of your friends. I dont run red lights, dont drive drunk and I stay on my side of the road in my own lane. If your friends got hit by anybody like that then u can blame it on my otherwise u can eat ****
Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 AM

wow man.... what kind of bike was he driving?? was it the size of a truck?? sorry to see that.. hope the rider is ok and im sorry to say, that max is totalled... complete loss.. sorry man.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:37 AM

And for the record, I've never tailgated a bike, but been tailgated hundreds of time by bikers. I feel your pain, but can't figure out for the life of me, if it's that important that bikers protect their tires, why do they tailgate???
You probably dont tailgate but the reason I generalized and said you do is b/c everyone generalizes bikers to be badasses on the road when that's simply not the case. No one likes to be generalized, certainly not you or I.

but I swear some people are asking for it by the way they ride.
Agreed...some bikers dont comprehend the consequences of riding the way they do.

To wish that someone gets run down is a ****ed up thing to say. I would never wish that on anyone even you. I guess that's the difference between you and I. Dont be jealous b/c youll be stuck in a traffic jam while a biker will find his way out so much quicker . If you want a bike go get one man...theyre pretty cheap.

Last edited by pbn85; 06-26-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:47 AM

Well just remember I didnt hit any of your friends. I dont run red lights, dont drive drunk and I stay on my side of the road in my own lane. If your friends got hit by anybody like that then u can blame it on my otherwise u can eat ****
You know something, there's no point of arguing with someone who has such a lack of regard for human life. But don't worry boss, you'll get yours eventually.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 AM

Exactly the point I've been making all along. You're obviously not reading any of it. Point is, bikers are the ones with so much on the line, yet the typical biker is far more aggressive, and OFFENSIVE than the car drivers. If the bikers were more DEFENSIVE, and protected their A$$, they'd be less likely to be in close calls.

I'm not discounting that there are plenty of retarded car drivers out there. But me being one of the more observant drivers out there, I can tell you it's the bikers that call the attention to themselves with their recklessness.
just becasue you cant have fun sitting in the traffic, we cant have fun either?
like I said, it's not becasue how we ride, it's becasue most of the cagers are retarted. you think we get in the front just for fun? well, maybe part of it is for fun. we are running away from the cagers so we dont get killed just becasue the cagers dont see us.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 AM

i have never seen a rim like that
Old 06-26-2009, 09:56 AM

so? I dont run red lights, I dont drive drunk, and I stay on my side of the road as well. does this make me less painful if someone didnt see me and caused my to go down?
I hate when car drivers say "I never saw them comming."
just becasue we share the same road doesnt mean we bikers can take impacts like you car drivers, we are no more than pedestrians only a bit faster, thats all.

I still couldnt figure out when everybody was riding a bike on the road, why there were less accidents?

Last edited by jasonmax; 06-26-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:01 AM

I finally got a pic of where the accident happened from my point of view. You can barely see the chalk marks in my lane where the impact took place. The rider was in the middle lane passing a car coming towards me when he lost it. The speed limit here is 60 kph but I would estamate the motorcycle was traveling 70+ when he lost it.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Onemax
I finally got a pic of where the accident happened from my point of view. You can barely see the chalk marks in my lane where the impact took place. The rider was in the middle lane passing a car coming towards me when he lost it. The speed limit here is 60 kph but I would estamate the motorcycle was traveling 70+ when he lost it.
Looking at the pic, it's obvious its a pretty sharp curve.

And I'm gonna comment on this before someone else does....70+kph is not exactly excessive speed when the limit is 60kph. In actuality its only about 6 or 7mph over. I'm willing to bet everybody here has driven at least 10mph over the speed limit, and probably does so regularly.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:25 PM

wow its totaled bro.....time 4 an upgrade, at least your alright
Old 06-26-2009, 08:48 PM

Wow this thread has gotten a little ridiculous.

Bottom Line:

It doesn't matter what you drive, if you drive on the road it IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY as a driver to be aware of your surroundings and maintain control of your vehicle.

Yes accidents happen. But pretty much ALL accidents that dont involve animals jumping in front of you are preventable. Grow up people, no one deserves to drive on the road more than anyone else, and no one group of people can claim the other causes more problems.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA
lol yup as in he bought it over there or yup he exported it to germany?
I was asking the same question.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:33 PM

Man, That is BAD. I really hope The biker is okay, You as well. And To all the Rude remarks. Thats all BS. All bikers dont race. Riding a bike is just like Driving a car Just without a roof... minus 2 wheels and a seat belt. so its 20 times more Dangerous. so Have some respect.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Bad *** Newb

Your roads make me jealous. Here, they just blow all your tax money and then sit on their asses and don't fix ****. Horrible ride almost everywhere.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

This thread is done.

OP, post a new thread and let us know how everything turns out.