5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just installed a Progress RSB – Thoughts and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
Have you heard anything else from Racingline about the RSTB for our cars?

I can understand the potential for a RSB to make a car slightly skittish over rough roads..but only at high rates of speed. I've never noticed any issues with it on my car.
On the first, no. Pretty sure Racingline is a one-man-shop, and he's pretty busy with the items that support a regular and repeating revenue, know what I mean? However, I'm fairly confident this project is still in the works. And I'm sure not rushing out to spend twice as much over at Stillen, because it's just a RSTB afterall. So I recommend more patience.

On the second, IDK. Never heard of that observation, and can't say as I've experienced that myself. Quality rubber comes into play with those situations.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
On the first, no. Pretty sure Racingline is a one-man-shop, and he's pretty busy with the items that support a regular and repeating revenue, know what I mean? However, I'm fairly confident this project is still in the works. And I'm sure not rushing out to spend twice as much over at Stillen, because it's just a RSTB afterall. So I recommend more patience.

On the second, IDK. Never heard of that observation, and can't say as I've experienced that myself. Quality rubber comes into play with those situations.
Oh, okay. But yeah, I understand the limitations of a one-man show. I was just wondering if you'd heard anything personally. There's no way that I'll be sending my money Stillen's way. I can be patient at that price.

I've never really found Stillen's product to be that attractive, anyway. The bead-blasted texture and gold-plated ends are kind of...offputting to me.

I think the skittish responsiveness would apply more to a car with independent rear suspension than a car with a solid rear beam like ours. The whole idea being that, if both sides are tied together, that means if one strut were to compress suddenly over a bump, the resulting force may cause the other strut to be forced upward as well. Which means, well. You know.

But for that to actually happen, I would think you'd have to have a huge swaybar capable of transferring that much energy, and a massive bump in the road.

As hard as I've pushed my car with the swaybar on it, I've never managed to make this happen I don't believe.