5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

For Sale - 2000 Maxima SE......

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 09:06 AM

For Sale - 2000 Maxima SE......

I am so tired of Nissan it isnt funny. I cannot fathom spending one more dollar on this POS car!!!!!!!!!! I am really going to sell it; I want out! If you know anybody who wants a slightly moded 2K SE superblack, let me know....
Old 11-27-2001, 09:17 AM
Administrator

if its a POS.. why do you think we would be interested in buying it?

FYI: this is not the forsale forum
Old 11-27-2001, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
if its a POS.. why do you think we would be interested in buying it?

FYI: this is not the forsale forum
Okay, IMO its a POS.

and FYI, I know.....
Old 11-27-2001, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Maxima-Ness

Okay, IMO its a POS.

and FYI, I know.....
do yourself a favor.. sit back.. diagnose the problems.. and turn that POS into something you can be proud of.. if parts are breaking.. its a great way to get aftermarket parts

turn that frown upside down

do something with your baby..
Old 11-27-2001, 09:23 AM

do yourself a favor.. sit back.. diagnose the problems.. and turn that POS into something you can be proud of.. if parts are breaking.. its a great way to get aftermarket parts

turn that frown upside down

do something with your baby..
...yeah like slam it into a brick wall.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:25 AM
Administrator

...yeah like slam it into a brick wall.
ok .. tell papa whats the problem.. talk to me.. i am listening..
Old 11-27-2001, 09:27 AM

Would you three like to be alone?
Old 11-27-2001, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by Help

Would you three like to be alone?

...you three??? What, you gonna join in?
Old 11-27-2001, 09:30 AM
Administrator

...you three??? What, you gonna join in?
I am listening..
Old 11-27-2001, 09:34 AM

Well, I took the damn car in to have the TSB done on the trunk lid bumper thing. They wouldnt give me a car to drive for the next 2 days. It just ****ed me off that Nissan doesnt care about the cars after they sell them. They keep everything as secret as they can about problems and then when the public finds out about the problems, they pretend they know nothing. Im just sick of it. Its a car, not a government heatlh care plan! Jeeze!
Ive already called Nissan and went off, told them Id never buy another Nissan again as long as I live and Ill advise no one else to purchase one either. Guess that means I need to look to do something other than sell Nissans....
Im just sick of all the BS. I mean, if something is wrong with the car, or hell, if the customer is unsatisfied, fix the damn problem. As far as I see it, Nissan isnt, they just offer words of "Im sorry", like thats going to fix everything. "Oh well, if Nissan said theyre sorry then gee goly willikers, it's all better now!". What a bunch of crap!. I really dont like my car anymore, just because it says NISSAN.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:37 AM

Maxima-Ness, Sprintmax, and the POS.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:39 AM
Administrator

dealer sucks not the car.. just stick with it.. it will come through.. or just find another dealer in your area that doesn't treat you like ****.. when the dealer is doing warranty work and its free for you.. they are going to treat you bad and try to use little expense as possible..

Well, I took the damn car in to have the TSB done on the trunk lid bumper thing. They wouldnt give me a car to drive for the next 2 days. It just ****ed me off that Nissan doesnt care about the cars after they sell them. They keep everything as secret as they can about problems and then when the public finds out about the problems, they pretend they know nothing. Im just sick of it. Its a car, not a government heatlh care plan! Jeeze!
Ive already called Nissan and went off, told them Id never buy another Nissan again as long as I live and Ill advise no one else to purchase one either. Guess that means I need to look to do something other than sell Nissans....
Im just sick of all the BS. I mean, if something is wrong with the car, or hell, if the customer is unsatisfied, fix the damn problem. As far as I see it, Nissan isnt, they just offer words of "Im sorry", like thats going to fix everything. "Oh well, if Nissan said theyre sorry then gee goly willikers, it's all better now!". What a bunch of crap!. I really dont like my car anymore, just because it says NISSAN.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:40 AM

Re: For Sale - 2000 Maxima SE......

I am so tired of Nissan it isnt funny. I cannot fathom spending one more dollar on this POS car!!!!!!!!!! I am really going to sell it; I want out! If you know anybody who wants a slightly moded 2K SE superblack, let me know....
give all your mods to me

seriously though what mods do you have will you sell them if your gonna get rid of your car?
Old 11-27-2001, 09:44 AM

dealer sucks not the car.. just stick with it.. it will come through.. or just find another dealer in your area that doesn't treat you like ****.. when the dealer is doing warranty work and its free for you.. they are going to treat you bad and try to use little expense as possible..

I know its not the car, its the service, but its just sad that there cant be some consistancy in this. Ive onyl got 2 major dealers of Nissan in the area. The one I work for, and another thats really snooty. I guess Ill try them though and see what comes of it. cant be any worse than the reception Im getting now...
Old 11-27-2001, 09:44 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I see vultures lurking.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:47 AM
Administrator

despite i have a good relationship with my dealer.. which is 1 hour away from my house because all the other closer nissan dealership's are D I C K S .. i actually do most of my own work.. but i guess if its a TSB.. they have to do the work.. good luck my friend.. don't let someone let you lose your VQ power because of sh!tty service.

Kev.. i see vultures too..

I know its not the car, its the service, but its just sad that there cant be some consistancy in this. Ive onyl got 2 major dealers of Nissan in the area. The one I work for, and another thats really snooty. I guess Ill try them though and see what comes of it. cant be any worse than the reception Im getting now...
Old 11-27-2001, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
I see vultures lurking.
hey you know what they say someone elses problem could be your gain
Old 11-27-2001, 10:21 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by dm7297

hey you know what they say someone elses problem could be your gain
Sprint is trying to convince him to keep the car... let's do the same before we call dibs on his mods.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Sprint is trying to convince him to keep the car... let's do the same before we call dibs on his mods.
yea i know i wouldnt tell anyone to get rid of the max its a great car the service yea leaves a little to be spoken for, i was just giving the offer of taking the mods off his hands if he was gonna sell
Old 11-27-2001, 10:41 AM
Got Bent?

aren't you a dealer for Nissan?
Old 11-27-2001, 10:47 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

hahaha

another Max owner reaches the 'Vanishing Point'.... that's where you walk out to your car one day, and while you still love the concept of your car, you think -almost outloud- 'Gawd, I wish someone would just steal it!

an amazing number of owners reach this point. unfortunately, the chances are it getting jacked are pretty slim. but still, I've heard that when you walk out to find your maxima gone, there are some steps you feel.

There is confusion
then anger
then alittle more confusion
then relief

the relief tends to linger. especially when you get cash in hand.. but then like a sucker for more punishment, we go skulking back up to the Nissan dealer.. sure the car is probably better, but the dealer is the same
Old 11-27-2001, 10:59 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

You guys know how I love and hate Nissan. This is one of the "hate" sides of it...

The only reasons dealers or even entire manufacturers can get away with subpar service (*cough*Nissan*) or subpar cars (*cough*GM*) is becasue there are always plenty of people willing to buy the cars in spite of those facts whether they're aware of them or not...

It's always important to keep your options open, and *NOT* having brand loyalty is a good thing. I may drive a Honduh, but it wouldn't take much to get me into a Nissan. Just designing the damned car so that I can fit into it would be a good start...

Old 11-27-2001, 11:07 AM

gee goly willikers
me likes
Old 11-27-2001, 11:07 AM
Administrator

the secret is to buy a car without warranty.. then they give you GOLDEN service
Old 11-27-2001, 11:10 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

our resale forces brand loyalty...

'cause you cant get out of it!
Old 11-27-2001, 11:21 AM

Re: our resale forces brand loyalty...

Originally posted by TimW
DOH!

Good point. This would be one of my "like" sides of Honduh
Old 11-27-2001, 11:52 AM

Re: our resale forces brand loyalty...

Originally posted by TimW
aint that the truth
Old 11-27-2001, 05:02 PM

Stevtec

I was moving around in my 2k max tonight to try and understand your problem with room in Maximas. Honestly, I don't know how you could have a problem with fitting in? Maybe the solution for you would be a lincoln?

"Just designing the damned car so that I can fit into it would be a good start..."
Old 11-27-2001, 06:12 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
aren't you a dealer for Nissan?
...sad isnt it?
Old 11-27-2001, 06:38 PM

Just because you work for a specific dealer doesn't mean you can't take it across town and try the next dealer - just don't tell them you work for the competition.

If that doesn't work, look on the bright side: no matter how bad nissan dealers are, at least they don't sue their customers (yet?).
Old 11-27-2001, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by GXEme
Stevtec - I was moving around in my 2k max tonight to try and understand your problem with room in Maximas. Honestly, I don't know how you could have a problem with fitting in? Maybe the solution for you would be a lincoln? :-)
The problem isn't legroom (lengthwise), or hip room, or head room. It's lateral (side to side) legroom, knee room actually. And the solution isn't getting a Lincoln, Excursion, Suburban, or other "land yacht" type vehicles. LOL :-)

That's a shot from my Accord and my big-a$$ leg/knee. See how the Accord's center stack and console is separated and there's that huge hole there for my knee to squeeze into. In normal driving my leg/knee goes out about to the shifter.

Well here's the max center stack/console, which is a blended design that sweeps together.

This is what happens when I try to fit my huge-a$$ legs into a Maxima.

Wtihout that hole there my leg/knee gets forced up to be straighter and then I end up having almost ZERO clearance and movement freedom because my right leg gets sandwiched between the steering wheel and the swept center stack/console.

The new Camry, new Altima, and existing Accord all have a separated stack and console design that gives me plenty of knee room and I have no problems in any of these cars. The Passat also has a "box" design that also gives me plenty of room.

The old Camry, and Gen4/5 Maxima's have a blended/swept stack/console and I can't fit comfortably in these cars. The Acura TL ironically does have a blended/swept dash and I CAN fit in that one well enough. I guess the sweep angle doesn't make the stack protrude out enough that it gives me trouble. I dunno...

But anyways, that's why I can't fit in a Maxima :-(

Can I drive one? Yes. But do I fit in one well enough and comfortably enough to be able to buy one and drive it without nasty swear-word laced complaints for 3-5 yrs? Nope :-(
Old 11-27-2001, 06:53 PM

Nice Dockers