5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2k2 lights condensation built up

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 09:21 AM

2k2 lights condensation built up

For those with the 2k2 Lights installed. Since the past couple of day in the Bay area has been pretty chilly, I noticed a little condensation being built up inside the housing unit. And since I still have to fix my hi-beams, I couldn't burn it off quick enough. But my question is, do you guys noticed any condensation built up in the light. Good thing it's not leaving streaks. But I just wanted to know if that's normal or do I have a leak somewhere along the seal. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What do you mean you need to fix the high beams?

I have noticed some condensation on the inside corner of them. Dont know how it got there, but i pretty much gave up since I aint gonna tear the seal off.

Dixit
Old 11-27-2001, 02:50 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Dixit...

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

I have noticed some condensation on the inside corner of them. Dont know how it got there, but i pretty much gave up since I aint gonna tear the seal off.

Dixit
I thought you of all people would have been the first to rip the headlights apart and clear the turn signal.

Could it really be that hard to take them apart and reseal? I mean it's not a vacuum sealed housing, so as long as you reseal 100% around the edges you should prevent water seeping in. I know the condensation is a BIG concern, but I was half tempted to try and break the seal on one this weekend. I'm more worried about breaking the lens and not being able to get a replacement more than I am about condensation.

We know it can be done from the guy who paid somebody to do it, so it's not impossible to take them apart and put them back together.
Old 11-27-2001, 03:05 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Dixit...

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

Dixit
I thought you of all people would have been the first to rip the headlights apart and clear the turn signal.

Could it really be that hard to take them apart and reseal? I mean it's not a vacuum sealed housing, so as long as you reseal 100% around the edges you should prevent water seeping in. I know the condensation is a BIG concern, but I was half tempted to try and break the seal on one this weekend. I'm more worried about breaking the lens and not being able to get a replacement more than I am about condensation.

We know it can be done from the guy who paid somebody to do it, so it's not impossible to take them apart and put them back together.
Old 11-27-2001, 07:10 PM
ABS

Re: 2k2 lights condensation built up

Originally posted by nizmomx
For those with the 2k2 Lights installed. Since the past couple of day in the Bay area has been pretty chilly, I noticed a little condensation being built up inside the housing unit. And since I still have to fix my hi-beams, I couldn't burn it off quick enough. But my question is, do you guys noticed any condensation built up in the light. Good thing it's not leaving streaks. But I just wanted to know if that's normal or do I have a leak somewhere along the seal. Thanks.
Yup, I noticed some condensation here in NY over the weekend. It got down into the 30's and when I came out, the clear lamp covers had some morning "dew" on the insides. I didn't worry about it too much. I guess the fixture must be ventilated to allow the moisture to burn off over time otherwise this could cause rust inside the lens after a while. . .