5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Interior LED bulb ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 PM

Interior LED bulb ?

I have a 2000 max and I'm trying to finish up my interior led conversion. All I need to do now is to get LED bulbs for my map lights and dome light. Can anyone tell me what kind of bulbs they are and where to get them? I've searched for a while now and even ordered some bulbs from v-leds, and it didn't even fit in my dome light lol.

thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
I have a 2000 max and I'm trying to finish up my interior led conversion. All I need to do now is to get LED bulbs for my map lights and dome light. Can anyone tell me what kind of bulbs they are and where to get them? I've searched for a while now and even ordered some bulbs from v-leds, and it didn't even fit in my dome light lol.

thanks
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/
Old 09-21-2009, 08:30 PM

thanks
Measure your stock dome light bulb in mm. It should be 30mm or 31mm or something like that(not too familiar with 5th gen bulb sizes in mm). Then search the vleds site or ebay for that size festoon bulb. Order the color you want and you should be set.

Last edited by nismomaxgtr18; 09-21-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:32 PM

thanks
if they are anuthing like mine then we had the similar problem....i was wasting time and money trying to fiond the right bayonet bulbs, but i messaged IJDMTOY.COM and they were able to help me out...this is what i got from them

guess the issue is caused by polar dismatch. Due to the design for the BA9 LED bulb, the bottom is positive and the surrounding metal is negative. However when the stock lamp was assembled by manufacturer, the two wires might be reversd since it won't affect regular BA9 bulbs to function.

Due to the shape of the BA9 LED bulb, it is really hard to reverse its polarities like T10 or D31mm LED bulbs. So we suggest you upgrade the regular BA9 LED bulbs to a reversable BA9 LED panel lights. (http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Luxer1-12-L...d_adapters.htm)
Old 09-21-2009, 08:33 PM

thanks
i ordered ordered and ordered and nothing came up...i felt like a retard looking at all these people here on the org with their led lights complete...so finally i had to ask lol...i didnt want to ask here...i would prob get bashed to the floor
Old 09-21-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kquezada28
if they are anuthing like mine then we had the similar problem....i was wasting time and money trying to fiond the right bayonet bulbs, but i messaged IJDMTOY.COM and they were able to help me out...this is what i got from them

guess the issue is caused by polar dismatch. Due to the design for the BA9 LED bulb, the bottom is positive and the surrounding metal is negative. However when the stock lamp was assembled by manufacturer, the two wires might be reversd since it won't affect regular BA9 bulbs to function.

Due to the shape of the BA9 LED bulb, it is really hard to reverse its polarities like T10 or D31mm LED bulbs. So we suggest you upgrade the regular BA9 LED bulbs to a reversable BA9 LED panel lights. (http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Luxer1-12-L...d_adapters.htm)
do what? I do not understand any of that lol so what you're telling me is that I should buy whats in that link and it will work perfectly?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:04 PM

If you follow this thread http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...ing-today.html ... go to around post number 71 and read on from there, Rochester and Knight_yyz exchange info about different map and vanity led bulbs that they have tried. The thread started off about fog light bulbs but found its way to discussion on the different interior led's ... give Rochester a PM about what has worked for him.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:42 PM

ya theres instructions on how that adapter thing works...because if you have the same set up for the dome light as me then its caused by polar dismatch...and the bulbs that are supposed to work dont because of that...so they have that adapter thing that makes it right...im still waiting for it in the mail but ill let you know how it works out for me...if you clickon the link it shoes you instruction and explains how it works
Old 09-22-2009, 04:25 AM

Order BA9s off V-Leds.com and try them out mine were plug and play but if they don''t work just pull the overhead console out cut and spliced the +/- wires with some quick splice connectors and you'll be good to go. Get the dome light from the same place here are the links. I have both and they look and work great.

BA9/ map
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...-p6057628.html

Feston type/ dome
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...67433-1-2.html
Old 09-22-2009, 05:28 AM

The map lights are standard BA9S bayonet bulbs. Because they're bayonet's, you can't just "turn around" the LED's like you do wedge bulbs when trying to match polarity... you have to rewire the map light housing.

And that's no big deal at all. Just cut and swap the two wires with butt-end connectors. Done.

I'm using these LED's in my map lights. (see picture) Went through a few sets before deciding these were the right ones. They're very bright, and noticeably white, without being too white. By "too white", I mean the really really white light isn't too useful as a "map light", even though they look very cool.

With the map light, you need to be able to read things. That's why I ended up with these.

Just about everything you buy LED will be coming out of Hong Kong, and will take 2 weeks. So if you're going to start experimenting, settle in for the long haul.

Go to eBay, and search on "ba9s flank".

Last edited by Rochester; 09-22-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
The map lights are standard BA9S bayonet bulbs. Because they're bayonet's, you can't just "turn around" the LED's like you do wedge bulbs when trying to match polarity... you have to rewire the map light housing.

And that's no big deal at all. Just cut and swap the two wires with butt-end connectors. Done.

I'm using these LED's in my map lights. (see picture) Went through a few sets before deciding these were the right ones. They're very bright, and noticeably white, without being too white. By "too white", I mean the really really white light isn't too useful as a "map light", even though they look very cool.

With the map light, you need to be able to read things. That's why I ended up with these.

Just about everything you buy LED will be coming out of Hong Kong, and will take 2 weeks. So if you're going to start experimenting, settle in for the long haul.

Go to eBay, and search on "ba9s flank".
thanks!!!