5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

starting full wire tuck =)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 02:13 PM

starting full wire tuck =)

wutsup ... im starting my full wire tuck (well try to lol, guess u can say a mini tuck))on my 5.5 gen...i think im the first to attempt this and its gunna be sweet!!!...i alredy started by moving stuff out of the way and wires and taking out brackets that arent needed...moved the overflow tank out of the way and got rid of the stock intake mounting brackets also mcu hmore...next im going to put the battery in the trunk and move all the fuse boxes out of sight and tuck as much as possible...any1 do this or have piks of it done to a max??

Last edited by maxima dude; 02-24-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:28 PM
You embarrass me.

There's a 4th gen doing it, and catching criticism for it. I think it's really cool on a show car, but impractical for a daily when you start deleting P/S and A/C. The euro scene loves to tuck some motors.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:32 PM

ohh no im keepin a/c and p/s lol...just tucking all the wires and fuse boxes away
Old 02-24-2010, 03:15 PM

what zero260 said. i think you time is better spent on something else since your car isnt a show car.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:21 PM

What's the point?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:24 PM

^^ just like the point lowering your car and have rims and lip kits and all that other stuff...to make the car stand out and look good
Old 02-24-2010, 03:49 PM

I hear ya... but its hidden under the hood 95% of the time from others as to where lip kits and lowering is visible all the time by everyone.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i think a wire tuck would be pretty cool, i just never had enogh motivation to actually do it. good luck
Old 02-24-2010, 06:03 PM

good luck takes some time i did it when i had my integra took me 3 days to do it but it came out real nice, granted i deleted the p/s and the a/c not a good idea since i was living in FL at that time lol
Old 02-24-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by drsottilare
i think a wire tuck would be pretty cool, i just never had enogh motivation to actually do it. good luck
Originally Posted by soto2635
good luck takes some time i did it when i had my integra took me 3 days to do it but it came out real nice, granted i deleted the p/s and the a/c not a good idea since i was living in FL at that time lol
thanks....yea im keepin the a/c and p/s...just tuckin all the wires away ...
Old 02-24-2010, 06:59 PM
You embarrass me.

I don't see reason to ask why. It's an aesthetic mod, and most of us here are guilty of lip kits, painting engine covers, etc... The purpose is for when you pop the hood, you get the wow factor. Just keep the car daily drivable, and show your progress / pics.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:37 PM

^^ thanks!! and will doo...its gunna be ahrd cuz in the beginning people arent gunna notice alot like moving wires and brackets and such...till its 100 percent finished
Old 02-24-2010, 07:55 PM

here some piks....like i sed its the begining and some of you wont notice anything rele...i tucked some wires and such and some more that arent in the piks...once its 100 percent complete it will be sickkk!!!...but will take a while since its not a everyday thing lol

here is a pik with no engine cover...those wires on the engine will not be tocuhed since the enigne cover covers them lol...notice the overflow tank gone and the windsheild wiper fluid stem gone.also notice if u kno a 5.5gen the wire that runs across the top of the strut tower is also hiddin under nieth..next will be that fuse box!

[/IMG]

notice the stock intake bracket gone =)...cut off and painted alredi...also removed the bracket from the stock intake box from by the fender!(not pictured)

[/IMG]

heres another pik but with the engine cover laid on the engine

[/IMG]

heres another angle...notice the box thing that was to the top right of the engine cover gone(i forgot the name of it lol)

[/IMG]

some may not notice a whole lot but its a work in progress =)
Old 02-24-2010, 10:27 PM

Looks good, look forward to seeing the finished product, I think you're the first one to do this on the 5.5
Old 02-24-2010, 11:25 PM

[QUOTE=zero2sixtyZ;7438106]There's a 4th gen doing it, and catching criticism for it. ]

where?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by torontomaxi
Looks good, look forward to seeing the finished product, I think you're the first one to do this on the 5.5
i think so to... i might start workin on it again tomorrow if theirs no skool cuz snow then work on it in the garage threwout the weekend
Old 02-25-2010, 01:40 PM
You embarrass me.

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
There's a 4th gen doing it, and catching criticism for it.
where?
Here...
http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...have-tuck.html

Last edited by zero2sixtyZ; 02-25-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:47 PM

good start its a pretty cool mod to do definitely has the wow factor when u pop the hood, glad ur not ditching the ps/ac thats just redic IMO
Old 02-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I think that hiding the wires is interesting, but I am looking at changing to color of the wire covering.

I have a more ambition plans for my other car.
I will be adding braided steel lines and new colored wire covers. This should help dress up the look under the hood, and match the engine cover.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:27 PM
You embarrass me.

I'm guessing you wanted us to see the engine cover, huh?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:39 PM

^^ he jacked the crap out my thread lmao
Old 02-25-2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by maxima dude
^^ he jacked the crap out my thread lmao

Wouldnt put it past him..

Good luck with the wire tuck. Will be interesting to see the final results.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by maxima dude
here some piks....like i sed its the begining and some of you wont notice anything rele...i tucked some wires and such and some more that arent in the piks...once its 100 percent complete it will be sickkk!!!...but will take a while since its not a everyday thing lol

here is a pik with no engine cover...those wires on the engine will not be tocuhed since the enigne cover covers them lol...notice the overflow tank gone and the windsheild wiper fluid stem gone.also notice if u kno a 5.5gen the wire that runs across the top of the strut tower is also hiddin under nieth..next will be that fuse box!

[/IMG]

notice the stock intake bracket gone =)...cut off and painted alredi...also removed the bracket from the stock intake box from by the fender!(not pictured)

[/IMG]

heres another pik but with the engine cover laid on the engine

[/IMG]

heres another angle...notice the box thing that was to the top right of the engine cover gone(i forgot the name of it lol)

[/IMG]

some may not notice a whole lot but its a work in progress =)

I'm just wondering why do you have a piece of the injen intake but theres no pipe/no filter connected to the TB?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:01 PM

i hadda tak it off to get to some things...u can see the filter in the second pik lol
Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 PM

also converted it into a short ram
Old 02-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Looks good. Are you gonna remove the information lables? A custom hood liner would top it off nice.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Turbo'd Saab

mohfpro90 did this. it looked so clean.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by 00GreenMax
Looks good. Are you gonna remove the information lables? A custom hood liner would top it off nice.
yes i am soon...
Old 02-25-2010, 09:11 PM

That's what I was thinking, you can't see s$$^ with that big *** engine cover!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:27 PM

^^ hha i guess he finally founbd the perfect place to post his engine bay lmao
Old 02-26-2010, 06:41 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

I like the idea of a wire tuck. It's just one of those details that makes you love your car that much more. I personally dont have the patience to do it but would like to in the future.

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear
mohfpro90 did this. it looked so clean.
You gotta link to it? I really wanna see it.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:19 AM

I like the idea of a clean engine bay. I usually try and remove or relocate anything I can. I also really like two color schemes when done properly. Usually black and silver as it looks clean but like it could be OEM. Paint the engine cover black and tape off the lettering to keep it silver. Buy SS nuts and bolts for anything you can. Get silver silicon vacuum hoses and cut silicone vacuum hoses to go over any wires and such. Make a silver grounding kit. Polish the exposed half of the intake (or powdercoat silver). Etc. If you are into painting your calipers and don't care about an OEM look, I would match everything to the caliper paint.

Just a suggestion if you start painting, I would make black the dominant color and whatever other color you choose an accent. I think anything else looks tacky. For reference, I think that big Dodge engine cover is tacky.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by pionkej
I like the idea of a clean engine bay. I usually try and remove or relocate anything I can. I also really like two color schemes when done properly. Usually black and silver as it looks clean but like it could be OEM. Paint the engine cover black and tape off the lettering to keep it silver. Buy SS nuts and bolts for anything you can. Get silver silicon vacuum hoses and cut silicone vacuum hoses to go over any wires and such. Make a silver grounding kit. Polish the exposed half of the intake (or powdercoat silver). Etc. If you are into painting your calipers and don't care about an OEM look, I would match everything to the caliper paint.

Just a suggestion if you start painting, I would make black the dominant color and whatever other color you choose an accent. I think anything else looks tacky. For reference, I think that big Dodge engine cover is tacky.
haha everything under that hood ispainted alredii all black...wiper motor the tiniest brackets everythinggg i can get my hands on....theirs no rusty lookin things under my hood...and paintin the engine cover black is to much black i had that b4...needed sumthin that pops so i did white...i get many good comments about it and its a eye catcher from far...a black car with something big and white poping out makes people walk over =)
Old 02-27-2010, 02:21 PM

hide some more todayu...any1 have a steo by step to reomove..headlights...bumper and fenders??
Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 PM

To remove headlights? Bro I think theres like 4 10mm screws...as far as your front bumper there are clips and screws as well. Its best to have someone do this with you so you dont drop the bumper and mess the paint or things alike. The fenders I have no clue.

I hope you take before and after pics. Sounds like this is interesting and should come out clean.

Here is a link to Kyle's 4th gen with the wire tuck. He just sent me a recent picture but he said it was nothing crazy.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...r/DSC00408.jpg
Old 03-01-2010, 10:20 PM

example of a well done wire tuck on a U guessed it:

Old 03-02-2010, 05:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i dont see anything wrong in doin a wire tuck there not easy so props to you i dont think ill do one on my max but to my 91 honda maybe id rather **** that up instead of my max
Old 03-02-2010, 06:45 AM

Going bags??? Cause trying to do a full tire tuck on coilovers will have the coilovers sitting in your axle boot.... I tried it on my 5th gen and it actually almost caused a major accident on the hwy
Old 03-02-2010, 07:01 AM

I think this is a great idea, after seeing some other cars online, It looks different and sexy...I'm gonna do mine...
Old 03-02-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tippy Toes
To remove headlights? Bro I think theres like 4 10mm screws...as far as your front bumper there are clips and screws as well. Its best to have someone do this with you so you dont drop the bumper and mess the paint or things alike. The fenders I have no clue.

I hope you take before and after pics. Sounds like this is interesting and should come out clean.

Here is a link to Kyle's 4th gen with the wire tuck. He just sent me a recent picture but he said it was nothing crazy.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...r/DSC00408.jpg
thanx for the info ...this is helpfulso i dont break anything

Originally Posted by Crusher103
example of a well done wire tuck on a U guessed it:

hhaha im not going that extreme

Originally Posted by Fredi1607
i dont see anything wrong in doin a wire tuck there not easy so props to you i dont think ill do one on my max but to my 91 honda maybe id rather **** that up instead of my max
thanx...i thought it was gunna be eaier then i expected but on the 5.5 its a lilttle harder then the 4thgen as i tlk to people because of one wire loom that comes from behind the pass. fender from towards the pass. door so i gotta cut it open and take everything aprt and back together in a hidien spot

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
Going bags??? Cause trying to do a full tire tuck on coilovers will have the coilovers sitting in your axle boot.... I tried it on my 5th gen and it actually almost caused a major accident on the hwy
lmao full tire tuck? im doing a full wire tuck...

Originally Posted by kcxd35
I think this is a great idea, after seeing some other cars online, It looks different and sexy...I'm gonna do mine...
thank you deff different on a 5.5 hopefully i can get it done doon and update you guys

Quick Reply: starting full wire tuck =)