5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

NWP Torque Link question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 04:20 PM

NWP Torque Link question

For those that bought the nwp torque link, have you noticed any improvements at the track? Has it helped to reduce your et a little or perhaps your 60 ft? I'm just curious, because I'm thinking strongly of buying it. I read the other review thread, but it didn't mention anything about a track day review.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM

is that on his site? i must've missed that. i thought Aaron was only doing spacers.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:26 PM

i have it and love it!!! u can adjust the motor front or back to your liking....very great product...with mmi....4$washer cross member mod ands this link th motor doesnt move at all
Old 05-06-2010, 07:45 PM

Any evidence from the track as to its benefits?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:15 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Originally Posted by maxima dude
i have it and love it!!! u can adjust the motor front or back to your liking....very great product...with mmi....4$washer cross member mod ands this link th motor doesnt move at all
Does it reduce wheel spin?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:47 PM

It is supposed to reduce wheel hop.

I do not like the design, as it is a solid link, and I don't want the full torque of my motor focused on that one location. If it was a shock, like the Ingalls Stiffy for the Civic SI, then maybe...

I went with the ES mount inserts instead.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by maxima dude
What is "mmi", and what is "4$washer cross member mod"?

Originally Posted by Scottwax
Does it reduce wheel spin?
It should reduce wheel HOP because the engine weight is no longer shifting as much.

Wheel SPIN is another matter entirely, having more to do with the quality of your tires and tread, driving behavior, and the materials of the road surface where you're losing traction.

Originally Posted by Unklejoe
It is supposed to reduce wheel hop.

I do not like the design, as it is a solid link, and I don't want the full torque of my motor focused on that one location. If it was a shock, like the Ingalls Stiffy for the Civic SI, then maybe...

I went with the ES mount inserts instead.
I would think if you like what ES torque mount bushings do for your ride, then you'd like the Torque Link Connector. This rod has been on my list since he introduced it, scheduled for sometime this Summer. Unklejoe, if you don't like the mod, you could easily sell it here for 10 or 20 bucks under your cost. That's something to consider, no?

Originally Posted by jr schultz
Any evidence from the track as to its benefits?
That was the point of this thread, wasn't it? The theory is that shifts are smoother because the engine/tranny is more stable, which means shifts can be faster... so, I would think that added confidence would translate as a tenth or 2 improvement. Or so goes the theory.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-07-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 AM

That was the point of this thread, wasn't it? The theory is that shifts are smoother because the engine/tranny is more stable, which means shifts can be faster... so, I would think that added confidence would translate as a tenth or 2 improvement. Or so goes the theory.[/QUOTE]

Yes this is the point of this thread. What i asked for was any concrete evidence from the track...Such as a better 60FT time or a slight improvement in ET. The reduced wheel hop comments are nice, but i am more concerned with before and after improvement numbers if anybody has noticed any.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
I would think if you like what ES torque mount bushings do for your ride, then you'd like the Torque Link Connector. This rod has been on my list since he introduced it, scheduled for sometime this Summer. Unklejoe, if you don't like the mod, you could easily sell it here for 10 or 20 bucks under your cost. That's something to consider, no?
I seem recall another thread were you were concerned with NVH transmitted from the engine to the chassis. If my memory is correct, it is very likely you will not enjoy this modification, but you seem prepared for that possibility.

Expanding upon this thought, can anyone comments on the torque link's NVH effects?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 2slow
I seem recall another thread were you were concerned with NVH transmitted from the engine to the chassis. If my memory is correct, it is very likely you will not enjoy this modification, but you seem prepared for that possibility.

Expanding upon this thought, can anyone comments on the torque link's NVH effects?
All true, but priorities can change with experience. And as I wrote, if it's not acceptable, it can probably sell in a few hours on the FS forum.

You know, while all this is interesting, the OP was pretty explicit on his intent. He's going to get ticked off soon if we keep going OT. Then again, a bump is a bump.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:01 AM

MMI = Motor Mount Inserts

$4 Washer Mod = Putting washers between the cross member and the car to lower the engine.